Help with Epson Stylus CX5400

I have an Epson Stylus CX 5400. Just replaced the black ink cartridge. Now
it wont print anything, just blank pages. The color cartridges didnt need
changing and I used an OEM Cartridge to replace the black. I have gone
through everything in the online instructions and instruction manual.
Nothing works. Just prints blank pages. Doea anyone have a solution? Thanks
in advance.

Jeff
13 answers Last reply
More about help epson stylus cx5400

    If you email me and request the Epson Cleaning Manual, I will send you a
    copy. It will probably resolve the issue you are facing.

    Art

    email at: e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org

    (at) = @
    (dot) = .

    Jeff wrote:
    > I have an Epson Stylus CX 5400. Just replaced the black ink cartridge. Now
    > it wont print anything, just blank pages. The color cartridges didnt need
    > changing and I used an OEM Cartridge to replace the black. I have gone
    > through everything in the online instructions and instruction manual.
    > Nothing works. Just prints blank pages. Doea anyone have a solution? Thanks
    > in advance.
    >
    > Jeff

    You removed the tape on the cartridge of course before fitting it into the
    printer.

    --
    Jan Alter
    bearpuf@verizon.net
    "Arthur Entlich" <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > If you email me and request the Epson Cleaning Manual, I will send you a
    > copy. It will probably resolve the issue you are facing.
    >
    > Art
    >
    > email at: e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org
    >
    > (at) = @
    > (dot) = .
    >

    > Jeff wrote:
    >> I have an Epson Stylus CX 5400. Just replaced the black ink cartridge.
    >> Now it wont print anything, just blank pages. The color cartridges didnt
    >> need changing and I used an OEM Cartridge to replace the black. I have
    >> gone through everything in the online instructions and instruction
    >> manual. Nothing works. Just prints blank pages. Doea anyone have a
    >> solution? Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> Jeff

    Before you do anything, give Art a email, stating model and the fault,
    ask him for his cleaning manual, he will gladly oblige and you will
    find it's free of charge.

    His Email is e-printerhelp@mvps.org you will find his posts
    throughout these pages.

    Davy

    "Jan Alter" <bearpuf@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > You removed the tape on the cartridge of course before fitting it into the
    > printer.

    There is no tape on the cartridge to the CX 5400.

    It is reported a relative high percentage of the cleaning pump failure of
    this series printers. I assume the pump isn't working correct.

    Is it an actual failure of the purge/cleaning pump, or the fact that the
    hose to the cleaning station from the cleaning pump becomes detached
    that is being reported?

    Art

    Yianni wrote:

    > It is reported a relative high percentage of the cleaning pump failure of
    > this series printers. I assume the pump isn't working correct.

    In my opinion it could happened both.
    If I remember correct you sent an image (hose loose from the pad). A user
    could repair this failure easy, so sending it here it could be help Jeff.

    --

    Yianni

    --

    Jeff wrote:

    >I have an Epson Stylus CX 5400. Just replaced the black ink cartridge. Now
    >it wont print anything, just blank pages. The color cartridges didnt need
    >changing and I used an OEM Cartridge to replace the black. I have gone
    >through everything in the online instructions and instruction manual.
    >Nothing works. Just prints blank pages. Doea anyone have a solution? Thanks
    >in advance.
    >
    >Jeff

    Basically I have the same problem. How was yours resolved. I am going
    through he cleaning process and I did reconnect the small
    supply tube...I now qualify as a heart surgeon. It was not easy
    reconnecting the tube without taking the printer apart.

    My advice:
    If you have a digital camera, take regular pictures as you take the orinter
    apart.
    I found it useful to remember what went where.

    I did use a pdf document I found on the web useful, which showed the
    exploded diagram of the printer.

    If I find the link, I'll post it.

    Terry
    "L" <lc@xxxjoimail.com> wrote in message
    > Jeff wrote:
    >
    > >I have an Epson Stylus CX 5400. Just replaced the black ink cartridge.
    Now
    > >it wont print anything, just blank pages. The color cartridges didnt need
    > >changing and I used an OEM Cartridge to replace the black. I have gone
    > >through everything in the online instructions and instruction manual.
    > >Nothing works. Just prints blank pages. Doea anyone have a solution?
    Thanks
    > >in advance.
    > >
    > >Jeff
    > >

    > Basically I have the same problem. How was yours resolved. I am going
    > through he cleaning process and I did reconnect the small
    > supply tube...I now qualify as a heart surgeon. It was not easy
    > reconnecting the tube without taking the printer apart.

    In article <UMGWe.3389$Ob2.2348@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>,
    inkystinky@oem.com says...

    I am a joke

    Irwin Peckinloomer wrote: