Sign in with
Your question

keyboard/mouse dont work

Last response: in Components
September 11, 2006 1:14:37 AM

I installed a new hard drive, afterwards my ps2 mouse and keyboard wont work. I'm using a usb keyboard and mouse. On startup I get this message "keyboard/interface error' press f1 to continue. When I plug in my ps2 keyboard I get an error saying no keyboard plugged in.

Win XP
asus p4p800 motherboard.

Also with this new usb keyboard, everytime I start the computer and go into windows it wants me to install some hid crap any help would be greatly appreciated.
September 11, 2006 2:07:24 AM

Quote:
I installed a new hard drive, afterwards my ps2 mouse and keyboard wont work. I'm using a usb keyboard and mouse. On startup I get this message "keyboard/interface error' press f1 to continue. When I plug in my ps2 keyboard I get an error saying no keyboard plugged in.

Win XP
asus p4p800 motherboard.

Also with this new usb keyboard, everytime I start the computer and go into windows it wants me to install some hid crap any help would be greatly appreciated.

HID crap is Human interface device (USB driver) for you mouse and keyboard
September 11, 2006 3:31:27 AM

Quote:

Win XP
asus p4p800 motherboard.

I'm easily confused... A new HD wiped out your ps2 ports? I suppose that there might be an IRQ issue, but I've never seen a HD even get close to trying to use the IRQs of the PS2 ports.

So then you went out and got a USB mouse and kbd? They usually require a USB driver to work.

Me, I'd work out what's the issue with the PS2 mouse and kbd, and give the USB ones to someone I didn't like.
!