Lots of 3D graphics probelms with my DS3 Help!!!

v3rax

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
I keep having graphics issues in 3D gaming with my ds-3. I say its the motherboard b/c I have tried 3 different GeForce cards 7900GT, 7900GTX, and 7600GS, and they all do the same thing. I get freeze ups, artifacting, and most of the time when I leave a game its like the memory is overloaded b/c the desktop still has images from the game on it and images are broken up and nothing works and the screen goes black, then back to broken, then black and then freezes. I end up having to restart the computer and then its ok. I have checked temps and the card never goes above 54 degrees. The motherboard temps are usually around 45 degrees. I have tried re-formatting and re-installing windows, have tried 2 different power supplies, I have tried 4 different drivers and even changed out my memory sticks. I even tried another CPU. I have chganged everything, including 3 different DS3 motherboards and they all do the samething. So I am assuming it is an incompatibility issue or something I need to change in the bIOS. BTW, I do have the latest F5 Bios.

trixst4r

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
7900GT have know problems concerning artifacting but it would seem the 7600 to be ok. Is anything OCed? This might happen with a hot NB.

Go back to F4 final as F5 is still a beta bios (last time i checked).