Core 2 Micro ATX Board

phloryde

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
I got a quick question. Is there ever going to be a Core 2 micro ATX board that does not have integrated video?

function9

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002
Doubt it. While I would personally like to see an enthusiast level mATX board, they're mainly stuck in the OEM/budget/home theater arena. Though I have to ask why such hatred for onboard video? I would assume that it could be disabled in the BIOS no?

phloryde

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
I just know that I'll be putting a better video card in the system right away and I'll never use the on-board video so why pay for it? (I'm just like that).

I have had a couple of boards where the on-board video could not be shut off (mainly the low end ASRock, ECS and DFI) and I just want to avoid that.

I've found only one board that I like that I'm still considering (Foxconn NF4K8MC-EKRS). I know it's not Core 2, but I'm willing to get it because it's a microATX board with no on-board video.

I just know that I'll be putting a better video card in the system right away and I'll never use the on-board video so why pay for it? (I'm just like that).

I have had a couple of boards where the on-board video could not be shut off (mainly the low end ASRock, ECS and DFI) and I just want to avoid that.

I've found only one board that I like that I'm still considering (Foxconn NF4K8MC-EKRS). I know it's not Core 2, but I'm willing to get it because it's a microATX board with no on-board video.

Wow. You are settling for a socket S939 CPU just because it doesn't have on-board video. Now that's what I call hardcore hatred of on-board video.

You do realize that you are letting on-board video (or lack there of) dictate your entire system.

phloryde

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
Wow. You are settling for a socket S939 CPU just because it doesn't have on-board video. Now that's what I call hardcore hatred of on-board video.

You do realize that you are letting on-board video (or lack there of) dictate your entire system.
LOL. yeah, i'm pretty anal about that, but I'm not willing to compromise. I am willing to wait a little longer for a board I do want and it doesn't even matter if it's Core 2 or AM2.

Don't get me wrong. I have a K8NGM2-L in an Aria case and it performs quite well, it's quiet and looks great. The video performance just isn't there for me. It just feels wrong that I won't be using the on-board video. Makes me feel like I'm not using 100% of what I paid for. Stupid? Yes. Anal? Check. Buy hey, everyone's got their quirks :)

function9

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002
Nah I know how you feel. I'm like that with parallel and serial ports. Aside that they make good boards, it's a big reason why I stick to Abit boards. :)