How many people think the current VGA chart is acurate

I think the chart is accurate

• I think it is WAY off

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I dissappointed no one has corrected it yet

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Why don''t they add power consumption as other sites do?

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Why don''t they have F.E.A.R charted

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

boe

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2004
After comparing the FPS and proportional values of the current chart to SEVERAL other sites I have to think that they are mislabled. I don't mind the fact there are so many errors - I mind that they still haven't corrected them. I don't think that it is a coincidence that 4 of the web sites had results within just a few FPS of each other but nothing terribly similar to the vga charts on this site.

boe

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2004
Can you highlight some specific examples?

Google - 7950, 1950 (I realize the 1950 isn't listed here but that way you get more recent charts) benchmark and then for fun throw in F.E.A.R. or Prey or oblivion. check out the results from a few and then see if you see some similarities of other sites and how they differ from this one.

Mind you I am not a fanboy of nVidia or ATI. I did just order a card which I KNOW is not the fastest even after comparing some legit benchmarks because the price was within my tolerance for pain. If I could have gotten the fastest which would have been made my the other company for th same price I would have bought it in a second. I don't have any fierce loyalty to either brand - I've owned plenty of each.

boe

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2004

Google - 7950, 1950 (I realize the 1950 isn't listed here but that way you get more recent charts) benchmark and then for fun throw in F.E.A.R. or Prey or oblivion. check out the results from a few and then see if you see some similarities of other sites and how they differ from this one.

Mind you I am not a fanboy of nVidia or ATI. I did just order a card which I KNOW is not the fastest even after comparing some legit benchmarks because the price was within my tolerance for pain. If I could have gotten the fastest which would have been made my the other company for th same price I would have bought it in a second. I don't have any fierce loyalty to either brand - I've owned plenty of each.

boe

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2004
Weak poll - where's the option for "it's fine as it is, move along"?

You are correct - I screwed up and I can't go back and edit the poll to add that back in. I wouldn't be offended if a moderator fixed it.

The_Abyss

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006

So to sum up, you'd like to see another card or two included in the benchmarks, and also want FEAR to be included in the benchmarks and these issues notwithstanding, there is nothing wrong with the existing list.

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
I think it's amazing how people complain so much about something that Toms Hardware has obviously put allot of time and effort into for the community.

How about simplly letting them know about any errors you find. If they fix it, fine, if they dont, use something else for benchmarks. A flawed poll is not needed.

---

If it makes you feel better: "You did a good job of finding those errors. You are one of the top tech guys who knows what he's talking about. Nobody would know what to do without you.".

Isnt that more of what you were looking for?