Collision Detection and Jam Signal on the LAN

I want to get the collisions on the LAN. I know that in half-duplex
network there is jam signal to demonstrate the collision occured. How
would I get the Jam Signal and count them without addtional hardware
besides a network card. Many tools can get the Collision that the
transceiver meets but that is not what i wanted. Any help would be
appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about collision detection signal

    xydarcher@163.com wrote:

    > I want to get the collisions on the LAN. I know that in half-duplex
    > network there is jam signal to demonstrate the collision occured. How
    > would I get the Jam Signal and count them without addtional hardware
    > besides a network card. Many tools can get the Collision that the
    > transceiver meets but that is not what i wanted. Any help would be
    > appreciated.

    For coaxial ethernet it is possible to do receive mode collision
    detect, to detect collisions between other stations on the cable.

    I don't know that such signal propagates through repeaters,
    so also would not be available on 10baseT hosts.

    -- glen

Detection LAN Ethernet Card Networking