New Install, can't (F-8) after reading Wind Licensing Agre..

I have installed 10-15 custom built new installs; but, I have never had any
problem at all during the blue screen phase of installation. At the end of
the Micros. Lincensing Agreement there is a single line entry after the last
paragraph of the agreement that might be an explanation of my problem; but, I
do not know what it means or how to resolve it. Here's what it
is........EULAID: MCE05_RM.O_PRO_OEM_EN
I do not think I have ever seen this before. Maybe I have. Every other
time I just push F-8 and move on to setting up the file system and all of the
other good stuff....
Can anyone help me????? Thanks!!!!

Hi,

How was this drive partitioned and formatted? Sometimes, when done with
fdisk or third-party tools this happens. The solution is to redo the
partitioning with the WinXP drive tools (work from a raw disk).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"cayman" <cayman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have installed 10-15 custom built new installs; but, I have never had any
> problem at all during the blue screen phase of installation. At the end
> of
> the Micros. Lincensing Agreement there is a single line entry after the
> last
> paragraph of the agreement that might be an explanation of my problem;
> but, I
> do not know what it means or how to resolve it. Here's what it
> is........EULAID: MCE05_RM.O_PRO_OEM_EN
> I do not think I have ever seen this before. Maybe I have. Every other
> time I just push F-8 and move on to setting up the file system and all of
> the
> other good stuff....
> Can anyone help me????? Thanks!!!!

If you have an advanced keyboard (Ex: Microsoft with an F-lock key), the F8
key is dysfunctional until the F-Lock key has been activated!

--

Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 22:37:01 -0800, cayman wrote:

> Here's what it
> is........EULAID: MCE05_RM.O_PRO_OEM_EN

MCE? Is this a Media Center version of Windows XP? Are you installing to a
system with Media Center hardware? I know that the OEM CD for the Tablet
Edition will check for tablet hardware before it will install.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User