Closed

Cab files in MSOcache

November 7, 2004 5:34:43 PM

Is it safe to delete the *.cab files in the msocache folder..?? It
take up a LOT of disk space...

Barry

More about : cab files msocache

Anonymous
November 7, 2004 5:34:44 PM

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 14:34:43 GMT, denon@none.com wrote:

> Is it safe to delete the *.cab files in the msocache folder..?? It
> take up a LOT of disk space...

Yes, it's safe to delete but it is recommended that Disk Cleanup be used to
remove it (see article link later in reply).

The folder holds the setup files for the Office components that you have
installed. They will be used to perform "on the fly" repairs and to install
components that were marked "install on first use" during Office setup. A
nice convenience if working with a portable machine and the installation CD
is not handy. If you delete the folder, you'll need to pop your Office CD
into an optical drive whenever one of the above events occur.

Local Install Source (Msocache)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825933

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 11:37:21 -0600, Sharon F <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org>
wrote:

>On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 14:34:43 GMT, denon@none.com wrote:
>
>> Is it safe to delete the *.cab files in the msocache folder..?? It
>> take up a LOT of disk space...
>
>Yes, it's safe to delete but it is recommended that Disk Cleanup be used to
>remove it (see article link later in reply).
>
>The folder holds the setup files for the Office components that you have
>installed. They will be used to perform "on the fly" repairs and to install
>components that were marked "install on first use" during Office setup. A
>nice convenience if working with a portable machine and the installation CD
>is not handy. If you delete the folder, you'll need to pop your Office CD
>into an optical drive whenever one of the above events occur.
>
>Local Install Source (Msocache)
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825933

Thank you very much. I'm on the link now..!!!
December 18, 2012 10:27:03 PM

Great answers you two! I KNOW we #NEED MORE posts like the previous ones. I'll delete but have the CD on hand, so that I can save space! Space is just as important as matter...
!