searching for High-end PC tablet

shinigami304

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2005
i am looking for a laptop / tablet that can handle my graphic design & gaming needs with dedicated video ram prefer to be atleast 256 MB video RAM. also prefer higher end CPU but not priority over video card. no prefence with maker of CPU or GPU. upgradables or customizable like PC ram and HD isnt as important as core elements. laptop / tablet manufactor should be reliable but name brand isnt a must.

pkellmey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
I know you specified 256M video, but the Lenovo X Tablet is really a nice little PC that is rugged and pretty impressively designed for ease of use and it seems to share video memory pretty good. For everyone that I know who has used a few tablet brands, IBM/Lenovo has the best and one of the most expensive. Due to that reason alone, right now I am looking at the HP tablets which are considered very good and affordable. I have not heard of anyone having a good experience with a non-namebrand tablet and the ones I have found are not economical. However, I really suggest you find various tablets and try for yourself because, unlike other PCs, each tablet is pretty unique for feel and features.

UPDATE: Never mind, I just read that HP/Compaq are out of the tablet business now. So I probably will not be buying the one I am looking at. :cry:

shinigami304

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2005
the closest laptop / tablet with the lastest video card is the Toshiba Tecra M7 with upgradable video card to the NVIDIA® Quadro® NVS 110M with TurboCache™ and 128MB of dedicated graphics memory. i dont know how the Quadro will compare to the Gforce Go series as far as gaming but it is suppose to be business applications even though it is the lowest of the 3 quadro series. i havent found a tablet that uses the ati mobile card yet.