Sign in with
Your question

How do you overclock graphics card?

Last response: in Overclocking
September 11, 2006 10:06:12 PM

i have a 6200 le geforce and i was told overclocking it could help in games and i was wandering how to do that i have a ecs motherboard and a pentium D.
September 12, 2006 12:06:11 AM

riva tuner is a good program and it also has a Tempiture monitor so you can see when you are burning ur GPU. coolbits is also a good one.
but i wouldnt clock it... i would just get the R9800pro... because you were the guy who posted about getting it if i am not mistaken?
September 12, 2006 12:20:04 AM

In this case the "LE" stands for, "Little Effect", because that's what you should expect OCing that card. :lol: 
Related resources
September 12, 2006 12:34:13 AM

Quote:
In this case the "LE" stands for, "Little Effect", because that's what you should expect OCing that card. :lol: 

:trophy:
September 12, 2006 12:36:41 AM

Quote:

WHY THE FU@K did they even great the LE cards? its a discrase to video cards
September 12, 2006 1:12:47 AM

Quote:

WHY THE FU@K did they even great the LE cards? its a discrase to video cards

So that they don't have to throw away the chips that either have damaged pipelines, or won't run at the rated speeds of a higher end chip.
September 12, 2006 3:35:53 AM

If you want to overclock through CoolBits (nVidia's built-in software), download the latest ForceWare or whatever drivers and edit the registry like this:

1. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> NVIDIA Corporation -> Global -> NVTweak

2. Create a new DWORD value (right-click -> New -> DWORD Value)

3. Name the value "Coolbits" (without the quotation marks)

4. Right-click "Coolbits" and go to Modify. Change the value to '2' or '3' (Hexadecimal, and without the apostrophes).

5. Go to the nVidia control panel and you should be able to overclock your card after clicking through some disclaimers. I don't know where it is on the new control panel interface; on the classic control panel it'll show up as one of those subcategories ("Clock Speed Settings" or something like that..you can't miss it).
September 12, 2006 4:04:22 AM

thanks i dont intend on overclocking it until i have almost enough money for a new one.
September 12, 2006 4:51:03 AM

That's a really good idea.
September 12, 2006 5:15:17 AM

Quote:
If you want to overclock through CoolBits (nVidia's built-in software), download the latest ForceWare or whatever drivers and edit the registry like this:

1. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> NVIDIA Corporation -> Global -> NVTweak

2. Create a new DWORD value (right-click -> New -> DWORD Value)

3. Name the value "Coolbits" (without the quotation marks)

4. Right-click "Coolbits" and go to Modify. Change the value to '2' or '3' (Hexadecimal, and without the apostrophes).

5. Go to the nVidia control panel and you should be able to overclock your card after clicking through some disclaimers. I don't know where it is on the new control panel interface; on the classic control panel it'll show up as one of those subcategories ("Clock Speed Settings" or something like that..you can't miss it).

Good timing as I was looking for that Coolbits hack. Question: What's the difference between using a value of 2 vs. 3?
September 12, 2006 11:01:33 PM

I have no idea...some sites say '2' while others say '3'...I used '3' at first but when I checked it again it was changed to '2'. Maybe someone else knows more about this...
!