So my new comp has been overheating and... 8(

vultureyo

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
Well I noticed the top of my case sure does get really hot and well I stated playing a couple new games and it would freeze in them ( only in certain games is the wierd thing ) so I took the side of case off the other day and the top of the case is no longer hot just mildly warm and the games are working fine now... the case I have is The WaveMaster TAC-T01-E1C and the setup is the july high end gamer on sharkyextreme.com ( pretty much ), I just ordered http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16811999612

that fan I know its loud and I'm gonna try it in the swap out spot on top of comp where the usb ports are and see if itll do anythin 8( any other suggestions? I don't know if its the vid card I have the program that detects heat that came with v card and it showed my motherboard runnin what it said as hot just in windows ( 44-45c ) with the side of case of it shows 40, I didnt think it was the vcard since it just seems like the upper part of case is hot so maybe mothboard or ram? The wierd thing is its only certain games cause it to go over the edge and freeze. so any other suggestions to keep my overall case cool would be great!

the other fans are the 2 in front bottom and 1 in rear top that came with the case ( maybe buy some stronger ones? ). I also read that maybe taking out the port metal sleeves at bottom back of case ( slots for pci stuff etc ) could let some air in but not sure. ok rant off any suggestions? 8)~

CPU: PD 960 3.6
Current CPU Speed:
Current VCore:
Motherboard Model/Manufacturer: asus p5n32 sli-deluxe
Video Card Model/Manufacturer: asus geforce 7900 gt top
Case:The WaveMaster TAC-T01-E1C
Case Cooling Mods:
Power Supply:Antec 550W TruePower 2.0 TP2-550EPS12V
Type of Cooling (i.e. aircooling/watercooling):
Heatsink/Waterblock:
Heatsink Fan Specs: one that came with processor
Thermal Paste:
Number of Case Fans: 3 ( ones that came with case )
Fan Controller:
Ambient Temp: unknown
Case temp:
Cpu Idle temp: low 60s C
Cpu Load temp:unkown
Northbridge Cooling:
GPU Cooling:
Video Memory Cooling:

sorry I dont have all the info.

grant_77

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Your cpu cooler isn't adequate. You need a better cooler ot keep temps lower. I am not sure about your case setup, but i know when your case is open parts like ram and north and southbridge heat sinks don't get enough airflow to cool them. The better case should help alot with lots of low rpm large fans which are quiet and push lots of cfms.

tmodel1937

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
Sounds to me like your case is not flowing air very well. The case should not be hot with proper air flow. Make sure you have a big front fan blowing into the case, and a big rear fan blowing out of your case. If you can mount a fan blowing in over your cpu, then even better. Make sure the fan on your PSU is running, and is blowing out. I have seen several instances where the fan blew backwards. If you can put in enough fans to actually pressurize your your case, all the better, it will help eliminate hot spots.
The real clue here is when you took the side cover off, things cooled down, cause it could get more air

vultureyo

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
hmmm this is interesting... theres 2 fan holes on the psu and the one inside case i can feel air comin down but the one on back of psu i can feel just lil heat coming out looks like theres a fan inside but its not moving at all I can see the tiny fan looking blades ( i think thats what they are ) but cant turn them maunaully...

there a way to turn it on or is it bad? other than the power switch the only switch on back of psu is a lil red one that is currently at 115 whateva that is..

vultureyo

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
ah ok... I took the rear guard off and then turned comp back on... the fan is coming on and pushin air out. Ill post back when I get the top fan going, hope it helps. thnx for the replys appreciate it!

vultureyo

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
well so far so good. I had to use the new tornado fan in back of case and the one that was in back up top because its thinner and fit into the adapter/cage that came with case... its not as loud as i expected and the tornado pushes crazy air! its running about the temps it was with the case off

with new fan/without fan and shut case

cpu under load 45-51C / 60-62C
MB 39-40C / 45C
geforce 7900 gt gpu 57-58c / 60C

so looks like its helping 8)

the top back right above psu still feels lil warm not as bad as before but yet not as good as it felt with case side off. but we'll see if i have more probs may put 2 tornadoes in the front to bring more in maybe... ty

vultureyo

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
o ok ya i got one on the top now where there was the usb ports it came with a mod/swap out thing with the case for a 8mm.. it doesnt seem to push out much but ya i can feel some comin out. ok I was wondering if more should be going out then comin in TY.

I'm very impressed with the amount of air the tornado pushes out... everyone made me weary about the noise they make but it doesn't seem but a lil lowder than my stock ones and it feels like it pushes out twice the air.