Sign in with
Your question

Ati radeon 9800 pro only recognized as pci?!!??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 12, 2006 1:50:55 AM

For some odd reason after I recently reloaded my computer my radeon 9800 pro agp 8x is only recognized as pci. I had the most current catalyst installed and actually installed a previous one to see if it was a bug with the new one and got the same issue. Although this may be a motherboard issue or a motherboard fix if it is i'm unsure of what to do. Any advice would be great!

I'll also post a picture of my device under....display/properties/settings/advanced/adapter/properties to show exactly what I mean.

Thanks again,
Honkyharris

September 12, 2006 2:54:03 AM

Quote:
For some odd reason after I recently reloaded my computer my radeon 9800 pro agp 8x is only recognized as pci. I had the most current catalyst installed and actually installed a previous one to see if it was a bug with the new one and got the same issue. Although this may be a motherboard issue or a motherboard fix if it is i'm unsure of what to do. Any advice would be great!

I'll also post a picture of my device under....display/properties/settings/advanced/adapter/properties to show exactly what I mean.

Thanks again,
Honkyharris

as far as i know, agp is actually a pci slot, with a kind of a direct access to the memory via a bridge chip
no need to worry
!