bookshelf puzzle - myst iv

When the bookshelf puzzle has been solved you can get down to the water.
But I just can't find anything down there. Am I missing something? Is
there something about that painting?

Best regards.

Jon.

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I don't want to give away too much but you may be a little ahead of the
game. At some point there will be something down there. You'll actually
see it being "placed" there.

--
"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary.