Myst Uru - Jeff Zandi

I go Myst URU Complete Chronicles for Christmas. I can't get Jeff Zandi
to talk to me. What do I need to do?
6 answers Last reply
More about myst jeff zandi
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 21:54:41 GMT, William L Cooper
    <billcoop@greencafe.com> wrote:

    >I go Myst URU Complete Chronicles for Christmas. I can't get Jeff Zandi
    >to talk to me. What do I need to do?

    Did he say anything when you first walked up to him? If he's already
    greeted you he has nothing more to say until you explore a little and
    come back to him.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    No, he has said nothing.

    Kate wrote:

    > On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 21:54:41 GMT, William L Cooper
    > <billcoop@greencafe.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I go Myst URU Complete Chronicles for Christmas. I can't get Jeff Zandi
    > >to talk to me. What do I need to do?
    >
    > Did he say anything when you first walked up to him? If he's already
    > greeted you he has nothing more to say until you explore a little and
    > come back to him.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:26:29 GMT, William L Cooper
    <billcoop@greencafe.com> wrote:

    >No, he has said nothing.

    In that case, hopefully someone who's had that problem will answer you
    soon. That's a new one for me. Maybe if you try to move the windmill
    a little, then walk back to him, it might trigger his second dialogue.
    Normally, he won't talk after his initial greeting until you have
    problems with the windmill. Then he'll give you a small (very small)
    hint. Until then, he'll just look up from his book, stare at you for
    a few seconds, and look back down.

    If that doesn't work then you might need to call the techs. Can you
    hear his music playing? You should be hearing a catchy tune from his
    player. If not, then they'll need to help you with audio settings or
    something.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    Thanks for the suggestion. I can hear him walking but no music. I try
    exporing a little and then come back to see if he has anything to say.

    Kate wrote:

    > On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:26:29 GMT, William L Cooper
    > <billcoop@greencafe.com> wrote:
    >
    > >No, he has said nothing.
    > >
    > In that case, hopefully someone who's had that problem will answer you
    > soon. That's a new one for me. Maybe if you try to move the windmill
    > a little, then walk back to him, it might trigger his second dialogue.
    > Normally, he won't talk after his initial greeting until you have
    > problems with the windmill. Then he'll give you a small (very small)
    > hint. Until then, he'll just look up from his book, stare at you for
    > a few seconds, and look back down.
    >
    > If that doesn't work then you might need to call the techs. Can you
    > hear his music playing? You should be hearing a catchy tune from his
    > player. If not, then they'll need to help you with audio settings or
    > something.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    Problem solved! Your comment about music made me think ther might be a
    problem with the sound drivers. I updated and now he talks to me. Thanks
    for the help.

    William L Cooper wrote:

    > Thanks for the suggestion. I can hear him walking but no music. I try
    > exporing a little and then come back to see if he has anything to say.
    >
    > Kate wrote:
    >
    > > On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:26:29 GMT, William L Cooper
    > > <billcoop@greencafe.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > >No, he has said nothing.
    > > >
    > > In that case, hopefully someone who's had that problem will answer you
    > > soon. That's a new one for me. Maybe if you try to move the windmill
    > > a little, then walk back to him, it might trigger his second dialogue.
    > > Normally, he won't talk after his initial greeting until you have
    > > problems with the windmill. Then he'll give you a small (very small)
    > > hint. Until then, he'll just look up from his book, stare at you for
    > > a few seconds, and look back down.
    > >
    > > If that doesn't work then you might need to call the techs. Can you
    > > hear his music playing? You should be hearing a catchy tune from his
    > > player. If not, then they'll need to help you with audio settings or
    > > something.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 22:45:02 GMT, William L Cooper
    <billcoop@greencafe.com> wrote:

    >Problem solved! Your comment about music made me think ther might be a
    >problem with the sound drivers. I updated and now he talks to me. Thanks
    >for the help.

    You're welcome. :)

Games Video Games