Best Mobo + RAM for E6600

Bubble13

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
Hello all,
I imagine this topic has been discussed before but I'm new to this forum.

I'll be building a new system based on a Core 2 Duo E6600. Whats the best motherboard for this CPU for performance, stability and a fair amount of overclocking? Also, for your recommended mobo whats the best RAM that fits all the above critiria? I'm looking for a 2GB (2x1GB) set with a possible future expansion to 4GB.

The system will be used to play the latest games as well as Video Editing and some Maya 3D rendering.

Cost is not so much of an issue.

Many thanks for your help.

Asus P5W DH Deluxe is getting good reviews, if you are overclocking then you will want fairly highly rated ram to pair up. DDR2-800 would do fine. I have always had faith in Corsair.

Jack

Yeah, I agree with Jack. If you really want to max out your overclock the Asus P5W DH Deluxe and Corsair XMS DDR2-800 with 4-4-4-12 timing is what you are looking for.

As for me, I have the MSI 975x Platinum with Corsair XMS DDR2-667 (4-4-4-12) RAM. I'm not an extreme overclocker so I'm perfectly happy with my E6600 running at 3.0GHz. But I do need to iron out an instability issue. Perhaps I need to slightly increase the CPU and/or RAM voltage above the default settings.

Bubble13

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
Thank you for all the replies!
I'll go for the P5W DH Deluxe hen with the Corsair RAM.

Just a note though... 3GHz (from a default 2.4) is very good, for my standards at least :)

John