Is it possible to record from Line-In?

mkaibear

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
Make sure you've gone to options, properties, and enabled the line-in as a recording option.

(select "Adjust volume for Recording", and make sure that Line-in is enabled)

This is from WinXP - ymmv...

The_OGS

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
He just wants to record audio through LineIn (could be LP record, video tape, camcorder, anything).
The OS, in this case Win2K, is ill-equipped to do this... you require a recording software. Many will record WAV and some will record directly to MP3, OGG or AC3 2.0 etc.
However, the selection of LineIn as source can be tricky! I have found that the full audio driver package is often required (not just the drivers) in order to select the LineIn as the source of choice.
I recall having to install the whole Creative package just to get the LineIn activated on a SoundBlaster...
If you can get the LineIn 'live' there are some nice free recording programs such as CDex :^)
Regards

Nostromo2

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2006
The problem is i dont have LineIn in recording options in windows 2000.

Just trying to record some of my old records from stereo casette player to mp3, i figured it works when i sellect "Analog Mix" in recording source in windows control panel> audio, but only records something when LineIn is not muted, what if i dont like to hear while its been recorded?

I have Sound Forge 8 demo (but dont see how i can chose source there) and full setup of creative software and drivers.