100 mb Full duplex on fiber connection

I have a fiber link between 2 buildings (distance approx. 500 meters)
3com superstack II 3000 on one side and HP2424M on the other.
Problem is I can't get 100 mb half or full duplex to work properly.
Roadkil's Comtest (http://www.roadkil.net/) shows an 9000 kb/s out but
the bytes in's stays below 50?
I tried to set both sides manually of course, but I get the best
results by setting it to 10mb half duplex 468/1144.

Thing is that I need to copy a 6 GIG Oracle dump file nightly between
the two buildings and I need the speed :cool:

Anyone can shine a light on my prob?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Nickneem wrote:
> I have a fiber link between 2 buildings (distance approx. 500 meters)
> 3com superstack II 3000 on one side and HP2424M on the other.
> Problem is I can't get 100 mb half or full duplex to work properly.
> Roadkil's Comtest (http://www.roadkil.net/) shows an 9000 kb/s out but
> the bytes in's stays below 50?
> I tried to set both sides manually of course, but I get the best
> results by setting it to 10mb half duplex 468/1144.
>

> Thing is that I need to copy a 6 GIG Oracle dump file nightly between
> the two buildings and I need the speed :cool:
>

> Anyone can shine a light on my prob?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>

> Mike

If you look at the snmp data on the switches on both sides, are you
seeing any errors?

--
DO NOT REPLY TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS
IN THE HEADERS OF THIS POST.