This is going to be a first time build for me. I plan to do heavy multitasking and some games - esp flight sims.
I will be overclocking for the first time, hopefully to around 3ghz (e.g. beyond the level of the E6700).
I plan to upgrade to a more powerful graphics card when the DX10 cards are released - this choice is just a stop gap measure.
Can anyone give me some help in understanding:-
- Is E6600 the right choice? I originally planned to go for the E6700 but I am reading that it is not good value.
- Is this motherboard a good choice?
- Have I got my memory choice right?
- As a newbie to build & overclock (but pretty savvy with PC's and tech stuff in general) how difficult is it going to be for me to build & overclock and end up with a stable system?
- Will this cooler & case be good choices in terms of cooling and also keeping noise down?
- Will I notice the difference the Raptor makes, or should I substitute it for a Seagate?
- Is it worth getting a sound card to reduce CPU cycles?