Myst IV Haven Snake problem

Mike

Splendid

POSSIBLE SPOILER

To animate the snake I know I am supposed to "pet" the snake 4 times
from right to left on the bottom righthand black stripe. However I
have tried moving the hand across the stripe, clicking the left mouse
button and dragging it across the stripe, tapping, grabbing,
everything else I can think of and I can not get the snake to come to
life. What am I doing wrong?! Thanks.

"Mike" <mike@mikeshore.com> wrote in message
> POSSIBLE SPOILER
>

> To animate the snake I know I am supposed to "pet" the snake 4 times
> from right to left on the bottom righthand black stripe. However I
> have tried moving the hand across the stripe, clicking the left mouse
> button and dragging it across the stripe, tapping, grabbing,
> everything else I can think of and I can not get the snake to come to
> life. What am I doing wrong?! Thanks.

You move the hand across the stripe with the left mouse button held down
while on the stripe, and I think that it's left to right IIRC. (check the
amulet movie to be sure)

Amy

"Mike" <mike@mikeshore.com> wrote in message
> POSSIBLE SPOILER
>

> To animate the snake I know I am supposed to "pet" the snake 4 times
> from right to left on the bottom righthand black stripe. However I
> have tried moving the hand across the stripe, clicking the left mouse
> button and dragging it across the stripe, tapping, grabbing,
> everything else I can think of and I can not get the snake to come to
> life. What am I doing wrong?! Thanks.

Try letting go of the mouse button on each "swipe".
Click-hold-swipe-unclick. Move the mouse back. Repeat 4 times.