!PLEH-mounting Zalman 9500 to the M2N32 -SLI Deluxe

Primus462

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
Hi. I just bought the Zalman CNPS9500 and tried to install it last night. However, the hardware that comes with the fan requires me to screw it to the existing mount on my mobo. It won't work, the stock fan and heatsink were mounted via these clips so there are no screw holes.

The guy at the store said it would work. The book doesn't state that it is compatible with AM2, but it does say it's compatible with X2/dual core processors.

Has anyone tried to install this? Can I buy a different mount to screw to my mobo?

Hi. I just bought the Zalman CNPS9500 and tried to install it last night. However, the hardware that comes with the fan requires me to screw it to the existing mount on my mobo. It won't work, the stock fan and heatsink were mounted via these clips so there are no screw holes.

The guy at the store said it would work. The book doesn't state that it is compatible with AM2, but it does say it's compatible with X2/dual core processors.

Has anyone tried to install this? Can I buy a different mount to screw to my mobo?

I do not have your particular MB. But here is my suggestion. I believe you take the existing screws out of your stock bracket and mount the Zalman into those existing screw holes.. Problem is, if you do this the back bracket may fall off the MB from the back. Not sure. Youmay have to remove the MB to properly install the Zalman. HTH.

Primus462

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
Yeah, that's what I thought, too. The center mount that comes with the 9500 is meant to go through the center of the fan and then be screwed down. The screw holes are on the outside corners of the bracket on the mobo, thus it won't reach. Thanks for your input, though!

hdtvguy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
I think they now have a 9500 AM2 edition that is for am2/940/939/754 only. you may need to take yours back and get that one.

Primus462

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
Ok. I'll check into that. I tried to check the Zalman website last nigh, but it seemed to be down. The UK and the US website, both. Thanks.

cruentus

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
It appears the product you purchased is compatible with s939 and s940.

Here is a link to the 9500 compatible with your socket:
http://www.viperlair.com/reviews/cooling/air/heatsinks/zalman/9500am2/