everytime i double click on any image file - my computer l..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

no matter the file type (jpg, bmp, gif, etc.) my computer locks up every
time i double click on an image file. it opens fine when i right click
on the image and select open.
2 answers Last reply
More about everytime double click image file computer
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    Hi, Thread.

    Any chance your mouse drivers are out of date? Or your graphics board
    drivers?

    What make and model of mouse and display cards are you using?

    There's no need to cross-post to several groups! Especially groups like
    ..help_and_support, which is for people who WRITE Help files!

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    "*ProteanThread*" <rtdos@rtdos.com> wrote in message
    > no matter the file type (jpg, bmp, gif, etc.) my computer locks up every
    > time i double click on an image file. it opens fine when i right click on
    > the image and select open.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message
    > Hi, Thread.
    >
    > Any chance your mouse drivers are out of date? Or your graphics board
    > drivers?
    >
    > What make and model of mouse and display cards are you using?
    >
    > There's no need to cross-post to several groups! Especially groups like
    > .help_and_support, which is for people who WRITE Help files!
    >
    > RC
    > --
    > R. C. White, CPA
    > San Marcos, TX
    > rc@corridor.net
    > Microsoft Windows MVP

    The original notion that this group would focus on the Help and Support
    system in XP died about 10 minutes after it went live. Get over it already.

Computers Microsoft Windows XP