Epson 1280 Banding

Recently purchased a 1280 and began printing 13x19. Noticed that there
was severe banding on the back edge of the print (half an inch or so).
I was told by another user that this is common and to never print
closer than about an inch to the back edge of the paper. Is this
normal or do I have a bad printer? Thanks.

davy

Can't believe you had no reply yet.

Are you using recomended papers and ink? If you are maybe you need to
drop Art an e-mail and request 'his' cleaning instructions at
e-printerhelp@mvps.org

Davy

You may notice that Epson indicates there is an area that they consider
somewhat iffy for getting good printing results. The last 1/2 of the
paper is just such an area. The problem usually is due to the paper
transport which cannot justify the paper perfectly once it leaves the
rear paper advance wheels. Usually it is not terrible, unless the paper
is particularly heavy weight, or slick. But if you look at the driver
in the paper size area, you will probably notice a statement about the
last small area of the page potentially being of poorer print quality.

You can try two things:

1) try adding a small extension to the paper using repositionable glue
so it can be easily removed and even reused on another page

2) Try to support the paper better when it leaves the printer so it is
not being pulled or tugged by it's own weight.

If you have made any alterations to the "pizza" wheels on the printer,
(some people remove them because they may cause some tracking on the
paper surface) these help stabilize paper movement toward the end of the
paper, so changing this area could cause additional problems.

Art

John Wire wrote:

> Recently purchased a 1280 and began printing 13x19. Noticed that there
> was severe banding on the back edge of the print (half an inch or so).
> I was told by another user that this is common and to never print
> closer than about an inch to the back edge of the paper. Is this
> normal or do I have a bad printer? Thanks.

Hi David and Arthur.

Thanks for your help. I exchanged the printer and will try it using
your suggestions Arthur. Do all Epson wide printers exhibit this
characteristic when using large sheets?

Do other printer manufacturers have this same problem?

Thanks. Regards.