Sharing folders to local net

Hi
I have XP on the same PC with 2 users. Created a third one. Created a folder
on desktop. Tried to share it but the options are dim gray. I can not check
the tags in sharing. Tried the same with the other users, did not work
either. Have been able to do this before? What to do?
Thanks
Kalevi

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 18:19:22 +0200, Kalevi wrote:

> Hi
> I have XP on the same PC with 2 users. Created a third one. Created a folder
> on desktop. Tried to share it but the options are dim gray. I can not check
> the tags in sharing. Tried the same with the other users, did not work
> either. Have been able to do this before? What to do?
> Thanks
> Kalevi

Using Simple File Sharing and activated "Make Folder Private." When using
Simple File Sharing, "make private" protects the user's files - even from
administrator accounts. Disable Simple File Sharing and add allowed users
only to the permissions.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Thanks Sharon
Sorry my ignorance but I can not find where to disable
Thanks
Kalevi

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 08:59:54 +0200, Kalevi wrote:

> Thanks Sharon
> Sorry my ignorance but I can not find where to disable

No problem. The setting is in Folder View> Options if using XP Pro.
If you are using XP Home, simple file sharing is always on. No option to
disable it. However, you can boot to Safe Mode, log on with an account in
the Administrator group and access Security/Sharing settings in the
properties of any folder or file.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 08:59:54 +0200, Kalevi wrote:

> Thanks Sharon
> Sorry my ignorance but I can not find where to disable

Folder Options> View if using XP Pro.
If using XP Home, you can boot to Safe Mode, log on with any account in the
Administrator group and then access Security/Sharing settings in the