scythe ninja

Synthetickiller

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
Where can I find one of these Ninja's?

www.newegg.com

or search, www.google.com "buy scythe ninja" :lol:

I own 2 of these guys, got em free (but no fan). BIG head sink. Nice and sturdy. I need a computer to install it in though.

Lets us know how it works out.

Where can I find one of these Ninja's?

The Scythe Ninja is currently not available for sale with the exception of eBay.

There are two possiblities:

1. It has been permanently discontinued and has been replaced by the Scythe Infinity.

2. A "new version" is to be released to include a retention bracket that will be compatible with socket AM2.

Jamers

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003
I guess I'll just wait for the revised one to hit Newegg on 9-21. Who knows, maybe it'll have some more improvements aside from the AM2 brackets.

rivalneighbour

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
I settled for a thermalright ultra 120 heatsink because the scythe ninja wasnt in stock at newegg last week. I wanted that big fat iron cross looking heatsink too :(

*everyone should buy one of these types of heatsinks to replace the LOUD stock heatsink/fan. since installing my ultra 120 heatsink on my E6600 the volume on my tv doesnt have to be on 25 to hear over an intel stock heatsink/fan. my tv volume is now on 12 and i can barely notice that my computer is on as far as sound.

*people say that the thermalright ultra 120 heatsink and other aftermarket heatsink's do not seat right and that the bracket doesnt fit. but there is a trick to sliding the bracket in on the heatsink and it's not bending it.

sucka1056

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2006
I bought my Ninja Plus from www.performance-pcs.com last week. I had never heard of them before but they were the only ones that had it in stock that I could find. The price was pretty good and the shipping was really fast. I got it two days later. You can check there and see if they have any left in stock.

dotti

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
as of now.

i have stock coolers and im running at 34-37c idle

if i get the ninja how much do you think it will be

i wont be overclocking , but i want to use the computer for at least 4years or more

is it worth spending the extra money?

kater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
a ninja is always a good choice. with such low temps i would guess you can run it w/o fan (the way i do) and it will deliver as it has been designed to work as a passive cooler (look at the spacing of the fins). the only thing is - it's not am2 compatible. i hear they're planning to make a new version this fall. naturally, for you it's not an issue. go check silentpcreview for more info on that.