Hi. Hope things are fine for you.
I have a Dimension 2400 desktop unit and have had very little trouble until
I got carried away with deletions. As I was deleting stuff I got a message
that I had deleted a Microsoft program I needed. (I do not remember getting
any message stating I could not delete something.) The message told me to
load the XP HOme Edition CD to correct this problem. I did that, but got
another message that said the Disc Home edition was an olderversion than the
one on my hard drive at this time. (Probably because of the SP2 upgrade I now
have?)
Since the original message was not specific about what exact program I had
deleted, I am confused about what to do next.
Again, the only problem I have found so far is that when I open up Control
Panel and select Add/Remove programs it just will not load. Nothing happens.
Hope someone can help. Thanks....
--
Still alive and kicking.

Will this open Add or Remove Programs?
Start | Run | Type: appwiz.cpl | OK

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:19EF6206-5066-440E-A01C-A314DE927B66@microsoft.com,
mayjacks <mayjacks@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi. Hope things are fine for you.
> I have a Dimension 2400 desktop unit and have had very little
> trouble until I got carried away with deletions. As I was deleting
> stuff I got a message that I had deleted a Microsoft program I
> needed. (I do not remember getting any message stating I could not
> delete something.) The message told me to load the XP HOme Edition CD
> to correct this problem. I did that, but got another message that
> said the Disc Home edition was an olderversion than the one on my
> hard drive at this time. (Probably because of the SP2 upgrade I now
> have?) Since the original message was not specific about what exact
> program I had deleted, I am confused about what to do next.
> Again, the only problem I have found so far is that when I open up
> Control Panel and select Add/Remove programs it just will not load.
> Nothing happens. Hope someone can help. Thanks....

" appwiz.cpl " this is the file used for add/remove programs.This file may
be currupted/deleted ,so try copying "appwiz.cpl " from XP CD to
'c:\windows\system32 " folder.
hope it works