Buy your ddr2 now!..and don't buy OCZ Gold!

ineptsavant

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2006
Well I can't really say for the latter, but I have two sticks of ocz gold ddr800 that is worthless for me as it won't work with my p965 mobo. But anyway just to add to the ram price increase, I bought two gigs of corsair xms for 204 dollars about 6 hours ago and now it's 250 dollars, a 25 percent increase in 6 hours! Unless you're really patient for ram prices to fall buy now(and I mean like right now...don't wait another 6 hours).

aBg_rOnGak

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Never bought/used OCZ'z ram, but i remember someone mentioned that most OCZ's ram need more volts than other brands....please somebody correct me if i'm wrong :wink:

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Just because you have problems with it doesn't mean we shouldn't buy it... OCZ isin't known as one of the best brands in the buisness for nothing. You probably got the short end of the stick, which sucks, but their memory is still top notch. Yeah, they need more voltage than other memory, but they also have a great warranty with their EVP.

/Shrug

Dade_0182

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
I haven't heard a bad thing about OCZ until now. No reason to tell everyone not to buy it.

I bought ram for my girlfriend and it also didn't work on her pc. It was merely a compatibility prob.

You haven't seen bad ram prices over there, they're even worse here in SA

grizzman

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
I had a matched pair of DDR2-667 OCZ Gold 2 Gig memory come to me bad from OCZ. A quick chat with OCZ and they jumped on it immediately with a RMA and a replacement. This can happen to any piece of equipment you order. Its how the company responds to a problem that tells me how good they are. My replacements work great and they can OC nicely with no problems. Sure you have to bump the voltage, but thats a quick fix to set. I recommend them because they are so responsive when a problem happens and lifetime warranty means lifetime to them.

sruane

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
Well I can't really say for the latter, but I have two sticks of ocz gold ddr800 that is worthless for me as it won't work with my p965 mobo. .....

Me too. this stuff is absolute crap.

I put it in a 945 chipset motherboard and I'm running it at DDR2-677, but this stuff is absolute S**t.

I concur completely - don't buy this crap. If you did but it, send it back and call the police - you've been robbed.

joemamasmurf

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
Well I can't really say for the latter, but I have two sticks of ocz gold ddr800 that is worthless for me as it won't work with my p965 mobo. But anyway just to add to the ram price increase, I bought two gigs of corsair xms for 204 dollars about 6 hours ago and now it's 250 dollars, a 25 percent increase in 6 hours! Unless you're really patient for ram prices to fall buy now(and I mean like right now...don't wait another 6 hours).

Thats funny about the RAM, i have the exact same RAM, and it runs like a dream on my ASUS M2N4-SLI

I dunno if you are using socket AM2 or not, but I have heard that for some reason its very picky about RAM.

jrivera04

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2006
Well I can't really say for the latter, but I have two sticks of ocz gold ddr800 that is worthless for me as it won't work with my p965 mobo. .....

I put it in a 945 chipset motherboard and I'm running it at DDR2-677, but this stuff is absolute S**t.

I concur completely - don't buy this crap. If you did but it, send it back and call the police - you've been robbed.

I bought OCZ Gold 1GB DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) and am using it with my ASUS P5WD2-E Premium 975X motherboard with no problems. I am running the overclocked Pentium D 805 to 3.6GHz and haven't seen a single issue. I would buy it again,

sruane

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006

I bought OCZ Gold 1GB DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) and am using it with my ASUS P5WD2-E Premium 975X motherboard with no problems. I am running the overclocked Pentium D 805 to 3.6GHz and haven't seen a single issue. I would buy it again,

Tried it on a 965 Motherboard? It doesn't work.

shawnpaul3

Distinguished
May 31, 2006
I've also heard many people here at Tom's complaining about compatibility problems with OCZ RAM. It may work superbly in mobo's that it is compatible with, but they seem to have problems with compatibility in too many mobo's...imo. I would much rather prefer to drop down in brand name and have less concern about compatibility. But, again, that is my opinion.

The best bet is to check the mobo's website for the most appropriate brands and types of memory before buying any.

Latest posts