Cingular prepaid and merger

Does anyone know if the merger will effect Cingular Pre-Paid accounts?
--
Tiny
Get the U.S out of the U.N

    "Tiny" <ferret_dad@nospaml.net> wrote in news:R3rld.30311$Al3.1568
    @newssvr30.news.prodigy.com:

    > Does anyone know if the merger will effect Cingular Pre-Paid accounts?

    1) You may get better coverage with more towers but due to the roaming
    terms AT&T prepaid customers should benefit more. This would not be a
    factor if you don't mind the roaming surcharge, which is less with the
    AT&TW plans. GSM prepaid looks to gain more than TDMA over time as AT&T
    is futher along with their conversion. Note AT&T maybe on the 1900mhz
    band and Cingular on 800mhz band so any gain may require a dual band
    phone.

    2) Would think that the plans may be merged to reduce the number over
    time. The changes will be more Cingular like than AT&TW as the people
    making the changes are in charge of Cingular now.

    3) Most change will be with the post paid accounts first as this is the
    largest source of predictable revenue.

    4) May catch some deals as old stuff is cleared out for the new.

    Sounds good, thanks.

    --
    "Stanley Reynolds" <trash_stanley_reynolds@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > "Tiny" <ferret_dad@nospaml.net> wrote in news:R3rld.30311$Al3.1568
    > @newssvr30.news.prodigy.com:
    >

    >> Does anyone know if the merger will effect Cingular Pre-Paid accounts?
    >
    > 1) You may get better coverage with more towers but due to the roaming
    > terms AT&T prepaid customers should benefit more. This would not be a
    > factor if you don't mind the roaming surcharge, which is less with the
    > AT&TW plans. GSM prepaid looks to gain more than TDMA over time as AT&T
    > is futher along with their conversion. Note AT&T maybe on the 1900mhz
    > band and Cingular on 800mhz band so any gain may require a dual band
    > phone.
    >
    > 2) Would think that the plans may be merged to reduce the number over
    > time. The changes will be more Cingular like than AT&TW as the people
    > making the changes are in charge of Cingular now.
    >
    > 3) Most change will be with the post paid accounts first as this is the
    > largest source of predictable revenue.
    >
    > 4) May catch some deals as old stuff is cleared out for the new.

    I did notice today that the Cingular 35 cents peak/10 cents off peak N/W is
    no longer available in my market. They've moved to a 25 cents all the time
    rate with a break for Cingular to Cingular calling.

    Scott wrote:
    > I did notice today that the Cingular 35 cents peak/10 cents off peak
    > N/W is no longer available in my market. They've moved to a 25 cents
    > all the time rate with a break for Cingular to Cingular calling.

    This happened November 1st. You can still get this rate on a TDMA account
    but I was told not more TDMA prepay at all starting January 1st.

    "Scott" <scott@nospamfuse.net> wrote in message
    >I did notice today that the Cingular 35 cents peak/10 cents off peak N/W is
    >no longer available in my market. They've moved to a 25 cents all the time
    >rate with a break for Cingular to Cingular calling.

    I tried to check right now... But the site is down...............

    "We're improving our site to make it better for you.

    Please try again later.
    Thank you for your patience."

    >>I did notice today that the Cingular 35 cents peak/10 cents off peak N/W
    >>is no longer available in my market. They've moved to a 25 cents all the
    >>time rate with a break for Cingular to Cingular calling.
    >
    > I tried to check right now... But the site is down...............

    It's back up now.
    My Zip is 47448

    I see the 25c/m mobile to mobile plan

    NOTE: Mobile to Mobile Prepaid Plan: Features 25¢ per minute
    anytime rate and 10¢ per minute mobile to mobile rate.
    Mobile to Mobile includes calls to and from all Cingular subscribers.

    And I see a 10c/m +$1/day plan with a stipulation that makes it far more
    attractive.

    NOTE: 10¢ Per Minute Prepaid Plan: A $1 daily access fee will
    be charged only on days when a billable voice call is made or received.

    Now if they would just get those $100 one year expiration cards that is on
    the ATT site..

    And I see a new "Cingular Take Charge" plan.

    It looks like a match to the ATT Go phone.
    29.99 to 79.99 /month plans.
    Day time air time is in the 15 to 10c/m range.
    1000 night and weekend minutes on the 39.99 plan.
    Unlimited nights and weekend minutes for 49.99+ plans

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 04:43:45 GMT, "N9WOS" <N9WOS@nobug.att.net> said
    in alt.cellular.cingular:

    >Now if they would just get those $100 one year expiration cards that is on
    >the ATT site..

    If your dealer won't get one, or call his distributor to get you the
    recharge, go to a different dealer. We always keep a couple of $100
    cards for the convenience of those few customers who want one.

    >>Now if they would just get those $100 one year expiration cards that is on
    >>the ATT site..
    >
    > If your dealer won't get one, or call his distributor to get you the
    > recharge, go to a different dealer. We always keep a couple of $100
    > cards for the convenience of those few customers who want one.

    You didn't understand me.
    The expiration on ATT's $100 cards is one year.
    All the rest are 90 days.

    I was wanting cinguar to offer the same deal that ATT has on $100 in air
    time.
    The current expiration for $100 in air time on cigular is 90 days.

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 05:02:58 GMT, "N9WOS" <N9WOS@nobug.att.net> said
    in alt.cellular.cingular:

    >>>Now if they would just get those $100 one year expiration cards that is on
    >>>the ATT site..
    >>
    >> If your dealer won't get one, or call his distributor to get you the
    >> recharge, go to a different dealer. We always keep a couple of $100
    >> cards for the convenience of those few customers who want one.
    >
    >You didn't understand me.
    >The expiration on ATT's $100 cards is one year.
    >All the rest are 90 days.
    >
    >I was wanting cinguar to offer the same deal that ATT has on $100 in air
    >time.
    >The current expiration for $100 in air time on cigular is 90 days.

    Oh, okay, I *did* misunderstand. Although I might still have a $100
    AT&T card left.

Cingular Internet Service Providers