sruane

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
I'm looking for a motherboard monitor that will work with a 965P chipset and a core 2 duo. The one Gigabyte provides with this board is worse than crap: it causes Windows to spontaneously reboot.

MBM5 can't read the sensors (either that, or I don't know how to configure it).

Core Temp works great, but I'd like to read temperatures other than the processor cores.

Any suggestions?

sruane

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
Fan1: 10075 rpm
Fan2: 3462 rpm
and, last but not least:
Fan3: 21094 rpm.

Are your fans running that fast?

I suspect it isn't configured right. Do you now how to configure it for a GA-965P-DQ6 and a core 2 duo?

kcconlin9319

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
You can easily configure a fan multiplier/divider. Sorry, I'm not on my DQ6 at the moment, but it doesn't take long to figure it out. I had to bump my CPU fan divisor up to four from two to make it agree with EasyTune (my other fans aren't hooked up to the mobo just yet). Temps and voltages agreed right out of the box. Speedfan doesn't recognize my memory or HDDs though.

Not sure why you can't use EasyTune; the monitoring portion of version 5 works fine for me. I just can't use MIB/MIB2.

sruane

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
You can easily configure a fan multiplier/divider. Sorry, I'm not on my DQ6 at the moment, but it doesn't take long to figure it out. I had to bump my CPU fan divisor up to four from two to make it agree with EasyTune (my other fans aren't hooked up to the mobo just yet). Temps and voltages agreed right out of the box. Speedfan doesn't recognize my memory or HDDs though.

Not sure why you can't use EasyTune; the monitoring portion of version 5 works fine for me. I just can't use MIB/MIB2.

Thanks for your help. I got it to work except for cpu temperature and the voltages are screwy.

EasyTune is a cumbersome cartoon. Its like operating a video game. Its really a bloated pig.

Core Temp works really well, but it doesn't do fans.

I guess I'm used to Intel's motherboard tool. It works really well with Intel motherboards. It pops right up and gives me the information I need. It does alarms too. Plus its interface looks like it was designed for grown-ups. Shuttle's tool works really well with Shuttle Motherboards. MSI's tool is useable. But Gigabyte's tool is sadly lacking, and the third party market hasn't caught up with the core 2 duo yet.