Screen flashes before any video is played in any player

Status
Not open for further replies.

realmadmartian

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2006
Example here:

www.madmartian.com/special/MOV01119.MPG

Notice how the entire screen flashes black 3 times just before the video starts to play. Happens with any video in any player software. Any idea how to fix this?

eVGA 7900 GT KO Relaunch (N584), latest driver
WindowsXP SP2

realmadmartian

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2006
...but I AM having problems, so I AM worrying about it. Try having a giant projected image flash like that before every short video clip. Not acceptable.

mkaibear

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
It happens (iirc) when Windows shifts to use video playback mode instead of the normal desktop mode. AIUI there's no way to stop it doing it. Try it with a different graphics card, it may just be that your card is doing odd things when Windows says "go to video mode!"

realmadmartian

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2006
I have the latest drivers as of 3 days ago.

I have had several ATI video cards over the years but this is my first Nvidia card. None of my ATI cards ever had this problem. I doubt this is normal for Nvidia either or more people would be complaining about it.

-Mike

phreejak

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
If it just happens with video then, perhaps, the issues lies with whatever codecs you have installed on your computer. The codecs are what your system uses to play various multimedia files - video and audio.

MKSilverSax

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
With nVidia cards, sometimes you have to adjust the setting in the NVIDIA Control Panel. It'll be under the adjust desktop color settings... The flash you see is your graphics card drivers/software switching between "desktop program mode" and "full screen video mode" (even if the video is not in full screen). What you can do is tell it not to automatically detect this and force a desktop program mode for this. Videos should work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.