No Bass from Sound Card: Onboard Realtek HD Audio: HELP!

Nightrunner

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2005
Hi guys,

I recently built a computer with a Gigabyte 965P-DS3 motherboard, which has onboard Realtek HD Audio sound. Currently, I am getting no bass from the front or back audio. I have tried it with 2 different headphones, and my 2.1 speaker system, all of which have been confirmed to work fine on another system.

I installed all the drivers correctly (three times now =/), and I have tried all the Realtek HD audio drivers up the most recent release, v1.46. Additionally, if I set the balance of the speakers to the centre, I lose some of the audio channels (e.g. I can't hear vocals in WinAmp or Media Player, on top of getting no bass from the output). To fix this problem I have to force the balance to either the left or right speaker, and I get the vocals, but then the balance is off.

I've played with the equalizer, but I'm still not getting any real bass, just some crappy distortion. I've tried uninstalling everything (all the sound card related drivers, including the UAA bus driver) and disabling the onboard audio from the BIOS, restarting, renabling the audio, and then reinstalling everything, and I return to the same problem.

My only guess is that the bass is going to another output (although I set the software to headphones or 2.1 speakers, not 5.1) but I can't figure out how to fix that.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

joe_momma

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2007

Realtek is excellent onboard sound and will rival a good sound card.
You have to learn to set it up.
You should have a Red Speaker icon in the tray for it. click on it.
Select the speaker Tab, then select sound effects tab down below.
Now scroll down and select POWERFUL for the Equalizer setting.
Click OK and exit.
Now setup the EQ in your player and it will rock bass...
If you want even more fidelity install SRS wow thing for winamp.