Simple question about Myst IV, no spoilers please...

Dear Myst lovers!

I've been playing and enjoying Myst IV Revelation for quite some time now, but right now I have the following basic question:

Is it possible to finish Spire, Haven, or Serenia on their own or is there a certain order of events?
[e.g.: Have to finish both Spire and Haven before being able to solve Serenia - or maybe: Have to find a clue in Serenia to finish Haven, whatever]

No puzzle details please, just the basic concept, so that I can enjoy the remainder of the game.

Thank you all!

Have a great day,
Martin Schemitsch

"I don't know. I'm making this up as I go!"
(Ford as Dr. Jones Jr. in 'Raiders of the Lost Ark')

"Martin Schemitsch" <team8martinland@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear Myst lovers!
>
> I've been playing and enjoying Myst IV Revelation for quite some time now,
> but right now I have the following basic question:
>
> Is it possible to finish Spire, Haven, or Serenia on their own or is there
> a certain order of events?
> [e.g.: Have to finish both Spire and Haven before being able to solve
> Serenia - or maybe: Have to find a clue in Serenia to finish Haven,
> whatever]

You need clues from both Spire and Haven to finish Serenia. The rest of the
game is order-independant, afaik.

--
Unforgiven

Martin,

As far as I can see, you need to finish Spire and Haven before you can
solve Serenia. I won't tell you why since you don't want any spoilers.

Good Luck,
Scott

Martin Schemitsch wrote:

> Dear Myst lovers!
>
> I've been playing and enjoying Myst IV Revelation for quite some time
> now, but right now I have the following basic question:
>
> Is it possible to finish Spire, Haven, or Serenia on their own or is
> there a certain order of events?
> [e.g.: Have to finish both Spire and Haven before being able to solve
> Serenia - or maybe: Have to find a clue in Serenia to finish Haven,
> whatever]
>
> No puzzle details please, just the basic concept, so that I can enjoy
> the remainder of the game.
>
> Thank you all!
>
> Have a great day,
> Martin Schemitsch

| Myst IV: Revelation |

--- D. Walkthrough ---

-------------------
1. Tomahna
-------------------

The game begins with you inside a tram with a cute little girl. This is
Yeesha. Listen to her speech and enjoy the tram ride. When you are close to
the end the tram will halt and Yeesha will tell you to take a picture of
Tomahna (the Age you are in) to remember it when you are gone. This is a way
for the game to tell you that you can take picture shots of the environment
which will be very helpful throughout the game.

To take a picture, click on the imager icon (leftmost icon) on the bottom
bar.
This will make the game toggle to camera mode. Click the left mouse button
take a picture and the right mouse button to close the camera mode. While in
camera mode you can move the screen around to select what you want to
photograph. Once you are done, enjoy the rest of the ride. When it ends,
Yeesha will leave you alone outside of the Observatory.

-------------------
1.1 Day
-------------------

Once you have full control of your character, look around you. The game has
beautiful graphics. Watch the pretty birds fly by. Before proceeding look to
the left and down near where you exit the tram. There's a button to call the
tram and below it a symbol. Get a close up of the symbol below the lever and
take an imager shot to refer to it later.

Continue forward and pull the lever on the right to open the door to the
Observatory. Enter it. Go up the small flight of stairs to the right. This
room has a lot to be discovered. Some of the items that can be found here
include an orrery, several operable drawers with writing materials, crystals
and bottles and also small cabinets.

Continue forward to trigger a sequence of Atrus explaining why he brought
you
here. It will trigger the first puzzle and your first choice: you can choose
to follow Atrus instructions and solve the puzzle or do nothing. The end
result will be the same: the Viewer will overload causing a short-circuit to
the entire Age.

To solve the puzzle you'll need to overlap a wave sign over one provided by
Atrus in the machine behind you. This is done by manipulating two signals: a
red and a green. The slider on top selects the signal and the knobs below
alter the signals amplitude (how high or low it sounds), frequency (how fast
or slow it cycles) and phase (how ahead or behind relatively to the pattern
signal).

You will need to do this for the two prison Ages: Haven and Spire. It's
relatively easy if you follow the instructions Atrus gives out. If you find
it
too hard, as I said above, you can always choose not to do it.

Once you're done, there will be a small explosion and Atrus will go off to
Rime (another Age) to find some materials to repair the viewer. He will
leave
you with a list of things to do while he's gone, so you'll have your work
cut
out for you here in Tomahna. So here is what you need to do:

1 - Restore full power to the Age by closing the gates at the water facility
2 - Look up the combination for Rime in Atrus journal so you can contact him
later
3 - Turn on the roof antenna
4 - Keep an eye on Yeesha

Let's start with the journal which is in a drawer next to the calibration
machine. Pull the drawer out to open it, close up on the journal and pull
the
cover to the left to open it. Read the journal. Make a note (or take a
picture) of the colored crystal code for Rime. I'll put it here in terms of
colors and slider positions you will need to select when the time comes and
explain what this means when you get to the Viewer.

Rime code: Red 6, Cyan 3, Yellow 8, Green 8, Blue 2

Walk to the other side of the room. In the middle you will find a stair
leading to an elevator. Get a close up on the lever that opens the elevator
and take a picture of the symbol below.

Continue past the viewer and climb up a small flight of stairs. There are
three security cameras here (not working because there's no power) and two
maps on the wall to the right. The first one maps out Tomahna and the one
below is a sketch for the Telescope. Continuing forward will lead you to the
Telescope chair. The chair has a button that makes it transport you up to
where you can turn on the antenna. As the power is still out, there is no
way
of getting there now. Return to the elevator and pull the lever.

Enter the elevator. Fortunately there's enough power to operate it to the
middle level. When the ride finishes, use the lever on the right to open the
door and exit. Proceed along the walkway to the first conservatory. There's
ladder leading down to the bottom of it. Climb down and take a picture of
Atrus' Family Tree (written in D'ni). The lamp in the middle is not working
because there's no power. Return upstairs, cross to the other side and exit
the conservatory. Yeesha will beckon you from the other conservatory to come
see something.

Before going to her, you can step into the Botany Lab and explore. To the
right of the entrance, there are some pressurized chambers. There is a
symbol
on the wall of the closest one to the entrance. Take a picture of it. On the
table in the middle, there is a book with diagrams of butterflies and a
microscope that shows a close up of a leaf.

Opposite the pressure chambers, there's a small cabinet with venetian lid.
Open it to reveal a power box. Notice all the glowing symbols bellow the
columns? Each corresponds to a place in Tomahna and you have been pictures
of
them so now you know at least what three of those columns refer to. There
are
two symbols glowing red. These are the ones that correspond to the gates at
the water plant. For now, leave the power box.

Continue exploring the lab. You will find some beetles within a glass case.
You have another choice here. You can leave the case alone or open it. This
will affect the way Yeesha reacts to you a little later on when you return
here. If you set them free she will be upset with you. If you leave it as is
she will comment on her experiment and that she has to report the results to
her father.

Past the fireflies, there is a door at the back. It is closed and will
remain
so until you can open it from the other side. To the right of the door there
is a workbench. On a drawer you will find Catherine's Journal. Read it to
find
out more about what is going on. Further to the right, it's possible to open
one of the chambers to see one of Catherine's flowers up close.

When done, exit the Botany Lab and continue to the second conservatory.
Yeesha
will show you a salamander and talk about her necklace, Serenia (another
Age)
and her two brothers. That necklace will be very important throughout the
game. For now, exit the second conservatory.

There's a fork here. The left path leads to Atrus and Catherine's bedroom
and
the right path leads to the water plant. Take the left path to the bedroom.
This is one of the few opportunities you'll have to explore the bedroom by
day
(although you will not be able to do much there as there is no power yet.)
Before you enter, notice the plaque on the floor outside the entrance. Close
up on it to see something from Uru.

The walkway continues to another platform on the left with two levers.
Again,
as the power is still out, there is nothing to do here. This means that the
rest of the Age is off limits for now. Return to the bedroom and explore a
bit.

There is a note on the right bedside table (take a picture), a lamp on the
left bedside table, a desk with a lamp and some drawers and a fireplace with
picture above it. Opening the central top drawer on the desk reveals a note
explaining how to turn on the code panel inside the fireplace. As there's no
power you can't do that yet. Exit the bedroom and go to the water plant by
returning to the second conservatory and taking a right at the fork (with
your
back to the conservatory).

Climb down the stairs to the Gate controls. Notice the two glowing red
symbols. These are the same symbols as the ones in the power box. Although
you
don't need to, reset the gates by pulling the middle lever. Now return to
the
Botany Lab. You can use Zip mode if you want to (rightmost icon on the
bottom
of the screen). To use Zip mode, click on the lightning bolt icon, and then
select a destination from the little vignette strip.

When you arrive at the Botany Lab, Yeesha will be there. Enter the Lab and
she
will make fun about her father and tell you about the Power box. She'll tell
you that you need to have the green light on top of a column lit up to have
the power turned on to that section. She will also say that she isn't
allowed
to touch electrical things so, it will be up to you to set things working
again.

She will then proceed to the glass case with the beetles. Depending on what
you did before, when you take a step forward she will have a different
reaction. When she leaves, go to the Power box.

Open it. Right now, the observatory and the elevator have power. The red
glowing symbols for the water gates are off (you reset the lever at the
water
plant). The panel in front of you has two rows of buttons and a switch on
the
left side (this acts as a reset for this puzzle). There is a button on the
right that is used to transfer power. What you have to do now is transfer
enough power units from the working sections to the water gates so that you
will then be able to turn the generator for the whole Age back on.

Columns from left to right correspond to: Observatory, Living Quarters, Left
Water Gate, Right Water Gate, Elevator and Botany Lab. The first row of
buttons sets the column to transfer from and the second row of buttons sets
the column to transfer to. Select a button from the first row, then select a
button from the second row and then hit the transfer button.

To activate the gates follow this sequence:

From column To column
1 6
1 3 left gate turned on
6 1
5 6
6 1
1 2
2 6
2 4
5 4 right gate turned on

When you are done, the gate symbols will glow cyan and the Power box lid
will
close. Return to the water plant and the symbols should be glowing white.
Take
a moment to save, because this is the last time you will be seeing Tomahna
by
day. Press the button on top of the controls to open the water gates. The
water starts flowing, powering the dynamo wheel and creating electricity.

Turn around and climb the stairs. At the top you will see Yeesha crossing
the
walkway and waving to you. Go forward to trigger a sequence. An earthquake
will happen (make that a Tomahnaquake ^_^), you will fall down and be
rendered
unconscious . When you come to, you'll be in...

-------------------
1.2 Night
-------------------

Tomahna by night. Wow, amazing and gorgeous! Pity that in coming to, you'll
be
a little woozy, hence the distortion on the field of vision. Maybe you
bumped
your head somewhere or those green fumes had something to do with it.
Anyway,
climb up from here as this helps to clear the old noggin. You can only climb
to the side of the Conservatory. If you make a detour to the Botany Lab and
take a peek at the Power box you'll see that the whole Age is powered now.

You can get to the bottom of the first Conservatory and turn on the lamp
there. It can be tilted to light up the Family Tree and take a better look
at
it. Climb up, exit the conservatory and proceed to the elevator. Return to
the
Observatory to check on Atrus.

Exit the elevator and turn right. Go to the security cameras (you can get a
close up on them if you want to and see different parts of the Age) area.
Now
that the power is on and it's dark you can see a lever with a light on the
handrail behind you. Pull the lever to open the roof of the Observatory.

Continue to the Telescope chair. Sit on it, tilt around a bit and press the
button. Once on top, close up on the telescope. You can move it around using
the two small wheels and get a look at the moon. All you need to do here
though, is turn on the antenna by pressing the button with the windmill
symbol
on top of the right wheel.

Exit the close up, press the red button and exit the chair. Return to the
viewer in front of the elevator. Time to contact Atrus. Get a close up on
the
viewer console. You'll see five compartments with a button in front of each
one, another button below these, a monitor showing static, a color wheel
selector and a slider with nine positions (0 being the first).

Each of the slider positions corresponds to a different crystal and each of
the color wheel positions can be used to produce different color crystals.
Pressing a button in front of a compartment places the corresponding
selected
crystal there.

So, to input the code for Rime, do the following (as in the sequence I
mentioned earlier) pressing the button in front of each compartment, left to
right after a crystal has been selected:

Place slider on slot 6 (initial position is 0), color wheel stays on Red;
Place slider on slot 3 and color wheel on Cyan;
Place slider on slot 8 and color wheel on Yellow;
Place slider on slot 8 and color wheel on Green;
Place slider on slot 2 and color wheel on Blue.

Once you are done, press the big button below the compartments to listen to
Atrus. He can't leave Rime due to an electromagnetic storm. What he says
next
is very important:

1 - Go to his bedroom and press the button on the desk to discover his
commentaries on Haven and Spire
2 - Tell Yeesha not to forget her homework.

OK, so on to Atrus' bedroom. Exit the viewer and go to the elevator. Select
the bottommost position. Enjoy the ride to the other side. As the walkway
was
destroyed during the quake, the elevator is now the only way for crossing to
the other side. You'll arrive on the platform that was on the left of the
bedroom. The switch on the end can now be operated to have a bridge switch
from the Yeesha's bedroom to this platform with the pivot point being the
Kitchen area. For now, let us examine the bedroom.

Go to the desk and turn on the lamp there. Open the topmost central drawer
and
press the button (button won't work if the drawer is closed) that is below
it
to open a panel revealing two books: one for Spire (red) and one for Haven
(blue). Besides some more background information, you will find viewer codes
for both Ages, which I reproduce below:

Spire code: Green 1, Blue 7, Red 8, Yellow 4, Cyan 5
Haven code: Blue 2, Red 8, Purple 1, Green 5, Yellow 6

Note: you could now return to the Observatory and input the codes to see a
static image of each Age, following the same method I explained for the Rime
code. However, other than being pretty pictures these do not add any
relevant
information to the game (other than showing a little more of the trickery
Sirrus is capable of, which you'll learn later on). So I won't include it as
must do, but mention it here so you can go there if you want to.
The viewer for Haven shows a shipwreck and the viewer for Spire shows some
crystal statues like the picture above the fireplace in the bedroom.

Go across the room and turn on the lamp on the bedside table. Then, turn
around and go into the Fireplace. The game will take over and you will
collect
Yeesha's Memory Amulet which will flash whenever a memory (read: clue) is
present at a given object or location like it's doing right now. Press the
icon of the amulet to see a short movie of someone trying to grab Yeesha.
For
now, do nothing inside the fireplace. Exit to the bedroom and take a look
around with the amulet.

You'll get a reaction at the close up view of the painting and you can use
it
on both of the books. This will work as an audio book in the voice of the
person who wrote it. Exit and go to the plaque on the floor in front of the
bedroom. Another reaction here.

Onwards to the Kitchen area. Go to the platform next to the bedroom an turn
the switch. The gangway will come to this platform. Cross to the other side.
Approach the table on the outside and get a close up on the book. Use the
amulet. Take a picture of the book (you'll be needing those translating
skills
in a bit) and notice the notepad on the right. Translating it you'll see
it's
Yeesha's name (she's been practicing). Enter the Kitchen.

Explore around. There's a fireplace with picture's of the boys on the
mantel,
to the right there's a picture of Atrus and Catherine and on the back you'll
find the food preparation area. The amulet reacts on the stove (which can be
operated). Above the stove there's the symbol for this area (no longer
needed,
but nice to see consistency within a game). Behind you, the water spout is
also working.

Continue to the front of the Kitchen to see Yeesha's picture on the right
wall
and a chess set to which the amulet reacts. These pictures, along with the
family tree, the D'ni alphabet book and something Yeesha will say are the
key
to another puzzle you'll have to tackle later on. Exit this area and move
the
gangway. Notice that there's an area below the one you are about to go to.

Continue forward to Yeesha's bedroom. On the left there's a toy (a table
with
balls, pins and holes that can be tilted and a bookcase. On a close up, you
can see a an Age book and a paper with the print of an hand. The books on
top
all have names (written in D'ni) and five of them can be pushed at a time.
This is the puzzle I was referring to above, but it is still too early to
solve it.

On the writing desk, you'll find a crystal sculpture to which the amulet
reacts. There's also an orrery above the desk. To the right of the desk is
Yeesha's bed and a dress to which the amulet also reacts. Finally, there's
an
aquarium on stand near the door. Exit the room and return to the platform
with
the elevator. Use Zip mode if you want to.

Note: optionally, if you want to see some more amulet reactions here's a
list
of places where you will get them.

Below first conservatory: Family Tree picture
Botany Lab: flower inside pressure chamber; Catherine's Journal; Power Box
Observatory outside: symbol for Observatory below tram call lever
Observatory inside: Atrus' Journal; Viewer console; Security cameras;
Telescope.

Again, as with the Viewer codes for Haven, Spire and Serenia (when you get
it)
these are not crucial to finishing the game but they sure add to the
atmosphere.

Enter the bedroom and go to the fireplace. Close the panel by pressing the
button in front of you. The objective of this puzzle is to light up the
tiles
where the lasers are pointing to. Tricky part is that when you press a
button,
it lights up four buttons: above, below, right and left. Here's a diagram of
what has to be lit and another one of the order and which buttons to press
so
as to light the correct tiles.

OXOOOOOO
XOXOOXOO
OXXXXOXO
XXXXXXOX
OXXXOXXO
XOOOXOXX

X - lit tile O - unlit tile

OOOOOOOO
O5OOOOOO
OOOOO3OO
OO74OOOO
6OOOOOO1
OOOOO2OO

O - do nothing number - press tile in this sequence

If you make a mistake, pressing the button below the panel will reset the
puzzle. When you are done, the game will take over and the elevator will go
down. Exit the elevator. Climb down the small flight of stairs and get a
close
up on the Nara made Age seal. Use the amulet for a triggered memory. This is
the area that blew up, destroying the walkway above and releasing that
noxious
green smoke.

Turn around and pull the lever to open the chamber. Enter it. Once inside
pull
the small lever on the right to close the chamber and open the linking
books.
Left one (red) leads to Spire and right one (blue) leads to Haven. Let's
deal
with this one first. Touch the linking panel and enjoy the flight.

-------------------
2. Haven
-------------------

You arrive on Haven inside a chamber that is literally falling apart. This
was
a communication cell with a divider wall to prevent Achenar from reaching
the
linking book for Tomahna, which is behind you inside a stand. Apparently, it
didn't work. Closing up on the debris on the floor will show what happened.
Some high pitched frequency destroyed the divider wall.

To the right, there's a tray that can be tilted to transfer items between
the
two sides. Inside, you'll find Yeesha's satchel that triggers a memory of
her
running away from someone. There's also a pipe that can be pushed up to blow
horn that was probably used to signal Achenar so that he would know he had
visitors. When you are done, go outside.

Continue forward until the path is blocked. Move the little crab away (if it
is in the way) and move the stone aside. Behind it, there's the top half of
broken crystal figurine. It triggers the amulet. Use it to see the brothers

fighting each other. Turn around, walk forward and turn left. There are two
paths here. One leads to the back of the link in chamber and it's filled
with
some sort of structure and the other is a tunnel into the cliff. Take this
one.

At the top you will see a drawing of a gargantuan creature (a Cerpatee as
you
will find out in a bit). To the left there's a rope ladder leading down. To
the right there are two paths: one leads up and offers an aerial view of the
island and the other leads to Achenar's camp. Go down the ladder on the
left.

The path leads to the shipwreck you saw when you linked in. To the right,
near
the beginning of the "pier" there's a totem. Approach it and get a close up.
Use the amulet. When you are done take a picture of the symbol on the totem
and associate this totem with the Cerpatee animal (this is part of a puzzle
that needs to be solved later one. Return to the beginning of the "pier" and
go forward. On your way to the wreck, there's a scene where some crabs eat a
fish.

When you get to the wreck you'll be faced with this Age's first puzzle.
There's a wooden box inside the elevator, four cannonballs outside and to
the
left and down from the elevator there's another box (the counterweight) with
four more cannonballs nearby. What you need to do here is figure out how to
take some cannonballs up the elevator with you, to trigger a pressure plate
in
the upper floor that will make a piece of gangway elevate.

Go to the counterweight box and move 3 cannonballs into it. Return to the
elevator. Pull the box outside and move 2 cannonballs inside it. Push the
wooden box to the elevator and follow it inside. Turn to the right to see
the
commands for the elevator. Wind the counterweight (by rotating the wheel)
and
release the brake (lever to the right). The elevator will go up.

At the top, push the wooden box forward. Wait for the gangway to rise and
cross to the other side. Once inside the ship proper, you can either go up
or
down. Go down first, by taking the rope net at the left hand side. This
leads
to Achenar's work area. At the end, the amulet will react to the stuffed
Karnak above the work table.

There's a diagram on top of the work table. Take a picture of it. It tells
you
which animal eats what and will help you establish a pecking order (needed
for
the puzzle that also uses the totems). Enter the room off to the side at the
back. The amulet reacts to the tools on the table. There's also a tube with
rubber reservoir at the end. Pushing it releases a green cloud of the same
stuff that made you woozy back in Tomahna. Looking around confirms that
Achenar is one very disturbed person.

Return upstairs to the middle level. Take the ladder upstairs. Once up
there,
you will be greeted by a Karnak eating a fish. Notice it's hind paws. You
can
correlate this information to the picture you took downstairs. Now, before
entering the ship, continue forward until the end. Turn to the right and
rotate the leftmost gear. This will unfurl the sail and show you a map of
the
island along with the territory each animal occupies. It will also trigger a
memory.

The five animals are represented here: the Cerpatee at the top, below it the
Mangree and to the right of the Mangree, the Camoudile. Below the Camoudile
is
the Zeftyr and to the left of the Zeftyr is the Karnak, our fish eating
friend. Take a picture and when you are done, push the wooden tab by the
right
of the gear to collapse the sail.

Enter the room to the right, and turn right. Examine the treasure chest to
trigger a memory. Afterwards go to the other end of the room and examine
Achenar's first journal. You can use the amulet for a voice over. Here you
will learn the eating habits of the Zeftyr, the Camoudile and the Mangree,
along with their names. Further along will come the Karnak (a scavenger) and
references to the fifth creature.

When you are done, return to the pier. To lower the elevator to the pier,
just
touch the metal tab next to the winding gear for the counterweight. Then,
retrace your steps to the top of the cliff. Now, take the path to the right
that leads to the aerial view. You'll see a red flag waving in the distance
and a wood structure to your left. This jungle is a maze and you'll have to
navigate it. Climb down and go to the camp area. Approach the tent to
trigger
a cutscene.

A Zeftyr will run out and you will use the tent as an hang-glider to pursue
it
(I choose to think we're not running away from it in abject terror ^_^). It
proves smarter than you, as it hangs back just below the base camp and
watches
you crash land. You then wake up with a Mangree looking over you. This scene
is also important as it contains a clue to another puzzle. You will hear a
Mangree screaming: high then low then high again. The one looking over you
will become alerted, just in time to escape the Camoudile that bounds over
you
in hot pursuit of a cold meal.

When you get up, I suggest you do some exploring. It's very hard to give
directions here in the jungle as there aren't many reference points I can
use,
so if you know the places I'm talking about, this will be much easier. Look
down to see some prints. Zoom in and the amulet will react.

Right now you are in a three way fork with the tent remains to your left.
The
Camoudile came from your right. Take the path in front of you. Walk to the
end
of this path. You will see a Mangree jumping from a tree to another one
across
from it and hear the warning call again: high, low, high.

Go forward again and you'll arrive at what seems to be a dead-end. There's
the
hunting post Achenar mentioned on his journal. You can push the red plants
aside. Do so and this lets you continue to the hunting post. Climb up.

Turn around and pull the cover down. Another diagram that helps establish
the
pecking order. Take a picture. The pile of bones to the left triggers a
memory. Now, observe the three wheels in front of you and the Mangrees at
the
distance. Do a close up and you'll see they are playing with the Mangree
totem.

Unfortunately, one of them is always covering the symbol. To make them go
away
so you can take a picture of the symbol you'll need to reproduce the sound
for
the warning call using the wheels in front of you. This includes not only
the
pitch, but also the duration which is long, short, long.

Sorry I can't be of further help, but this is something you'll have to
practice until you get it right. It also serves as practice for a puzzle
with
the same principal later on. I normally manage it by doing 3/4 of a turn for
long duration and 1/4 of a turn for a short one.

In this particular case, you'll need to turn the rightmost wheel first, then
the leftmost one and then the rightmost one again. You also shouldn't take
too
long between changing wheels as this can affect the sound reproducing. When
you have managed to reproduce the correct sound, the Mangrees will go away.
Take the picture of the totem and climb down from the post.

Return to the three way fork and take the path with the tent remains. You'll
see and hear a Camoudile up there stalking prey. Continue forward. At the
intersection, turn left. Continue forward. You will pass by a Karnak on your
right and going forward from there will lead you to a gate. Zoom in on the
panel to the left. Use the amulet. You'll learn what you need to do to solve
this puzzle.

Open the panel by pulling on the bottom central area (where there seems to
be
a wood tab). The objective of this puzzle is to get the hammer to rest on
the
white pins without the hammers themselves being inside the sliders. The
solution is listed below. As there's no way to reset the puzzle, save the
game
before you start solving it to prevent headaches (trust me on this one...)
In the solution, a letter followed by a number, an x and a direction means
you
have to move that slider a number of holes in the direction indicated. The
first move means: move the middle slider two holes to the left.

t - top slidder
m - middle slider
b - bottom slider
lh - light hammer
dh - dark hammer

Step by step moves:
lh down
m 2x left
lh up
dh up
m 1x right
lh down
dh down
m 1x left
lh up
t 2x right
dh up
m 1x right
dh down
lh down
m 1x left
lh up
t 1x right
dh up
m 2x right
lh down
dh down
m 1x left
lh up -----> upper lock done
b 2x left
dh up
m 1x right
dh down
b 1x left
dh up
m 1x right
dh down ---> bottom lock done

At the end of this, the gate opens. Cross it to enter the lake area and the
Karnak habitat. Zoom in on the lake to trigger a memory. Turn around, zoom
in
on the totem and trigger another one. Take a picture of the symbol. Now
climb
down the trail to the intersection where you saw the Camoudile. Instead of
going right and returning to the tent remains trail, go forward. You will
find
a trap on the left side of the trail. Use the amulet to trigger a memory.

If you continue forward, you'll arrive at base camp. Turn around and return
the intersection. Turn left to the path with the tent remains. Take it. Pass
the three way intersection and this time go forward. You can use the Zip
mode
to get there faster. You'll arrive at another intersection. To the left
there
are two Zeftyrs feeding. To the right leads to the swamp area.

Take the left path to visit the Camoudile habitat. You'll witness an attack
in
which the Camoudile kills a Zeftyr. Pass the feeding Camoudile and the tree
stump and turn around. There's a Karnak waiting for its turn at the carcass
and an axe imbedded on the stump. Use it to trigger another memory.

Turn around and go to the end of the trail. Turn left and a Camoudile will
try
to attack you. Fortunately for you (and unfortunately for the poor beast)
the
poisonous green gas those plants emit will render it unconscious and
probably
give it one very bad headache, which is nice as it matches the one you'll
also
feel as the vision blurs yet again.

Wait for your vision to clear and zoom in on the left plant. Trigger another
memory to learn about the proprieties of the gas and what a sadistic person
Achenar is (not that it needed any more confirmation). When it ends, leave
this place and go forward one screen. Take a right detour here to discover
the
Camoudile totem.

Proceed to the end of this little trail and turn right at the huge boulder.
The totem is behind it. Take a picture and trigger the memory. Now return to
the intersection where you saw the two Zeftyr eating. Climb the path to your
left (when leaving the Camoudile habitat) and you'll see two Mangrees
running
away from a Camoudile. You'll also hear the Mangree warning sound again
(just
in case you hadn't figured it out yet).

Proceed forward to yet another intersection. The path on the right leads to
the Gate area (Karnak habitat) and the path on the left with the wooden
planks
leads to the swamp (Zeftyr habitat). Take the left path. Enter the swamp and
keep going until you get to a stone with prints on it. There's also a small
frog like creature.

Zoom in on the prints to trigger a memory. At the next intersection, turn
left
to find the final totem, the Zeftyr one. As before, take a picture and
trigger
a memory. Return to the last intersection and this time, take the right
fork.
This leads to the bridge puzzle and this is the one that requires all the
information you've been gathering so far.

Climb up and go to the right. Touch the handle on the pulley hanging from
the
ceiling to have the cover over the bridge lock lift. After solving this
puzzle
you can return here by pressing the lever to the right when approaching the
bridge from the other side (not that you need to, but it's an available
option
if you want to soak up the environment some more). You'll have to enter the
combination again to lower the bridge once you are on this side, though.

The lock has five tubes that look like flutes and each tube has a symbol
viewer. Below the lock there's a pyramid just like the one in the hunting
post. To the left there's what looks like a wood fan that will lower the
bridge once the correct sequence has been chosen. One of the viewers is
broken, so you'll have to use one of the ones either side of it as a
reference
to set it to the correct symbol.

The objective here is to organize the various animals, represented by their
symbols, in descending pecking order. From the eating diagram on the wreck
and
the diagram on the hunting post, the order is Cerpatee, Camoudile, Mangree,
Karnak and Zeftyr, logic being carnivores first (in order on size) then
omnivores (Mangree and Karnak, with the Mangree being more intelligent) and
finally herbivores (Zeftyr). With this in mind, set the tubes like so:

1 - three holes showing (blank square)
2 - two holes showing (three triangles on the vertex of a big one)
3 - five holes showing first so as to set the fourth tube and then reset to
initial position (four leaf clover)
4 - five holes showing (four squares)
5 - four holes showing (letter s rotated 90 degrees)

Pull the wood fan and the bridge will lower. Cross to the other side and the
bridge will come up again. Enter the hut on the left. There's quite a few
things hidden around and all of them will come in handy very soon.

Open the trunk nearest to the door to find some pulleys and diving gear.
Proceed to the next trunk and open it. Look at the inside of the lid. Take a
picture of the drawing with the monkey and the squares with dots and
markings.
Approach the bed. Use amulet on the shirt and on the second of Achenar's
Journals.

From this you'll learn the name of the Cerpatee, that Achenar seems to be
repenting and on the road to redemption and that Mangrees have names. You've
already found one inside the trunk. Go to the desk and unroll the piece of
paper at the top of the small writing plank. Take a picture of White Beard's
name.

Turn around and climb up the mast. Examine the telescope and have a look
around. There's another Mangree name on the top of the table. Take a
picture.
Use the amulet on the box next to the drawing. Look at the painting on the
easel. Lift it up (can't be in zoom mode to do this) and you'll find the
final
name behind it. Zoom in, take a picture and trigger the memory.

Return downstairs and exit the hut. Turn left and continue to the jungle.
Walk
to the end of the wooden walkway until the nasty Camoudile starts snapping
at
you. Turn left and proceed to the hut at the end. Climb up. Watch the
Camoudile enter this clearing and the Mangrees running for dear life. Notice
wheel in front of you. Just like the ones in the Hunting post. Turn around
and
examine the diagram hanging from the ceiling. Trigger the memory. Turn
around
and take a picture of the fruit throwing call.

OK, what you have to do here, is get the Camoudile to fall into the pit and
have White Beard throw a fruit at him so that he'll disturb one of those
poison plants and knock himself out. White Beard has to be the one doing the
throwing because is the only one strong/accurate enough to do it.
Unfortunately, moving the Mangrees around involves using the wheels to
simulate their names and the game is a stickler for precision. Feel free to
turn around and bang your head against the nearest wall. ^_^

Save the game and prepare yourself for one of the annoying puzzles in this
game. Each of the names you have been collecting is made up of two tones. As
in the other puzzle, there's high and low tones and also a middle one. There
are two lengths: short and long. A square means short and a rectangle means
long. The names are written from top to bottom, so to call a particular
Mangree begin in the top line and go down. If you need to reset the puzzle
at
any time, walk back to the hut in the middle of the lake and then back here.

When you are ready, here's the sequence:

Number - denotes wheel to use, numbered left to right
1/4 or 3/4 - denotes length of signal

1 1/4 3 3/4
3 3/4 2 1/4
1 1/4 3 3/4
1 3/4 2 3/4

This gets the Camoudile in the pit but White Beard isn't in the throwing
station yet

2 1/4 1 1/4
1 1/4 3 3/4
3 3/4 2 1/4
1 3/4 2 3/4
3 3/4 2 1/4

I strongly suggest you save your game here, unless you want to redo the
whole
thing. You'll have very little time once the Camoudile is in the pit to
throw
the fruit

1 1/4 3 3/4
3 3/4 1 1/4 2 1/4

Camoudile is put to sleep. Climb down and return to the end of the wooden
walkway. Climb down the ladder and you'll be greeted by a Mangree and see
the
sleeping Camoudile in the pit. Follow the path to the right and climb the
wooden post at the end. This nest is filled with Mangrees. There's a
compass,
and some shirts and linens. Zoom in on the shirts and trigger the memory
sequence.

Turn around to the left and zoom in on the plant leaves with the drawings.
This is the solution to one of the puzzles in Serenia and also the solution
needed to finish this Age. It says you'll have to stroke the bottom stripe
of
the third coil of a flying snake (you'll see it in just a bit) four times to
the left and then pat it on the head when it awakens. I shall name it Quetzy
(short for Quetzocoatl).

Follow the path of leaves to the end. If you turn around you'll notice you
have quite a following. The Mangrees seemed to have taken a liking to you.
Sit
on the chair and look right and down. Zoom in on Quetzy and trigger the
memory
to see Achenar doing what is needed to wake it up. Repeat what he did when
the
memory finishes. It will seem like Quetzy is going to attack you but never
fear. Once it's gone, touch the lever. The chair will start moving and a
passenger will join you for the ride.

Once the chair stops, return to the linking chamber. If you go back to the
chair, zooming on the lever and triggering a memory replays the ride. Once
inside the chamber, link to Tomahna.

-------------------
3. Tomahna Interlude
-------------------

On linking in to Tomahna, you will see Achenar outside of Yeesha's bedroom,
linking to someplace and the link book falling to a deck below the bedroom.
Go see what happened. Pull the small lever to open the chamber and when it's
open, use Zip mode to go to Yeesha's bedroom.

The room is a shambles. Seems like Achenar was searching for something. Go
Yeesha's bed and use the amulet on her Journal. You'll find out about
Serenia,
Serenia's viewer code and Yeesha's spirit guide. Of special importance to
solve the bookshelf puzzle is a note on a Friday where there's a drawing of
Atrus working on the bookshelf. She says all the names are written in D'ni
and
that she won't forget who is older. This was the final clue to solve the
bookshelf puzzle (along with the family tree, the note from Atrus to
Catherine, Yeesha's notepad where she practiced her name and the pictures of
the family). I will not solve the puzzle just know, as I prefer to solve
Spire
first.

Note: at this point, you could return to the viewer and input Serenia code
see a picture of it. As with the other codes, it doesn't add much to the
story.

Serenia code: Red 7, Yellow 6, Purple 4, Blue 3, Green 1

The image is a place near the link in spot in Serenia. You see a bit of the
stone forest maze and water in the distance.

Go to the bookshelf and zoom in on the lower left display. Trigger a memory
hear Achenar saying "I knew you had one". He has stolen Serenia's linking
book
from Yeesha. That's where he linked to and that was the book you saw falling
to the deck below. Zoom in on the right compartment to see Yeesha's
handprint.
It says she is a child of water, which means her spirit guide is a water
spirit. You'll learn more about spirit guides when you link to Serenia.

For now, exit the room and return to the linking chamber (you can use the
Zip
mode if you want to). Once there, pull the small lever to close it and then
link to Spire using the book on the left.

-------------------
4. Spire
-------------------

Before you start, a warning: Spire is evil! Then again so is Sirrus, so that
makes it even. As with any Myst game the details are very important, but in
this age they are even more so. Now that this is out of the way, look around
you. The scenery is beautiful.

You arrive inside a blown up link chamber. As with Haven, the same system
was
adopted here. You'll find a book on the bench across the room. Use the
amulet
on it to trigger a memory. Yeesha's first mistake with Sirrus: telling him
she
knew D'ni. Second mistake: teaching it to Sirrus. Anyway, when you are done,
exit and start climbing down.

On your way down, you'll path a elevator shaft, off to the side. Enter it
and
see that the call button is broken. You can zoom in on the shaft but you
won't
see much. Exit the elevator and continue climbing down until you arrive at a
garden with crystal statues. If you used the viewer code, this is what you
would have seen.

Proceed to the statues and trigger a memory sequence. Turn left, and zoom in
on the tools, bedroll and extinguished fire on the floor. Trigger another
memory sequence. To the right and back there's a tunnel that leads to an
elevator. Instead of taking that route, let's go another way. Turn back to
the
statues. Proceed to the left and to the back of the statues.

At the end of this walkway, there's a huge crystal jutting out from a stone
pipe. Take a picture and note the shape of the pipe (pentagon). Zoom in.
Trigger the memory sequence and confirm that is indeed a pentagon shaped
pipe.
Zoom out. Notice white mark on scale on the fourth position (counting the
one
where the indicator is as one). This will become relevant near the end of
this
Age. Now turn right.

Examine the pipe hole. Zoom in and trigger a memory sequence. Jump in and
enjoy the slide down (hope the Traveler has heat resistant pants! ^_^) Once
the ride ends, go forward. There's a sort of book device at the end. Pull
the
lever below it to open. Trigger a memory sequence. This is a circuit board
for
the Age. It shows where there's power. Right now, nothing is powered up.

There's a group of four fuses on the upper left side, a group of seven fuses
below that one and a group of 35 fuses on the right hand side. There's also
lot of symbols. Each of these represent a location here in Spire (kind of
like
the power box back in Tomahna).

To the right of this circuit board is a metal pipe leading up. This is your
exit from this level. Examine the rest of this location. Go left. There's a
control box here. The symbol on the lid looks like a castle with waves above
it. It's an electromagnet and the waves represent magnetic forces. Zoom in
on
the lid and trigger a memory. Press the button beside it to open the lid.
Inside you'll find a slider and seven LEDs (numbered 1 to 7).

There's a power gauge on the right and a switch on the left. Flick the
switch
down. Now, let's ground some conductors. It took me a few tries to find the
right combination, but to save you the time, here it is: move the slider
right, left, right, left and right. This works because one move to the right
lights up 4 LEDs and one move to the left turns two off. All seven LEDs will
light up. The game will take over and you'll see something being pulled down
by the magnet force.

If you now go to the circuit board, you'll see that this area is also lit
up.
From there, and to the left you can go to the end of the walkway and see an
huge crystal that is storing electricity. A cable leads out into the void
and
connects to several floating stones. A ladder seems to lead out to the left,
but can't be used right now. Turn back to the pipe leading up and climb it.

At the top, move the lever to the left to open the trap door (if you had
come
by the elevator back at the Statue Garden, this trapdoor would be locked and
it would be impossible to open it from the outside). This area leads to
Sirrus
work area, botany lab, and another elevator to the right and rest area and
workbench, to the left.

For now, continue climbing the pipe. This is another control area. The
control
box lid here has a symbol that looks like a ship sailing over some waves.
It's
another electromagnet, this one pointing down. Zoom in and trigger a memory.
What you have to do here is balance out the floating rock you saw coming
down
when you powered the box downstairs. This is all explained in one of Sirrus
Journal (to which we'll get to in a bit) and also through the triggered
memories at the control boxes when they are covered up. You'll learn that
the
location downstairs is a dock and that the floating stone is actually a
stone
ship.

Open the box. This one has is exactly like the one below but only with four
LEDs. You need to light up two LEDs here. The sequence for this, after
flicking down the switch, is move the slider left, right and right. Game
will
take over, and although you won't see it from up here, the stone ship will
be
at the proper position to be boarded at the dock area.

Climb down to the middle area and go left. Approach Sirrus' workbench. On
your
way there, zoom in on the floating stone to the left and trigger a memory.
As
long as you are here, take a moment to follow the path next to the floating
stone to the end to add a link to the Zip mode. It might come in handy. Do
not
use the elevator though. There's no need to and you have some more things to
do on this level. Return to the floating stone and continue to the bench.
Zoom
in on the first of Sirrus' Journals and use the amulet for a voice over.

You'll learn a lot about how the Age works, some of it's secrets and why the
stones float. You'll see how the stone ship was created, how the electro
crystals work and of Sirrus' failure. Contrary to his brother, Sirrus
doesn't
seem the least bit remorseful.

To the right of the journal, there's a device that shows how the crystals
work. It also can be used to trigger a memory. Do so. To the right is a
telescope that triggers yet another memory sequence. It shows you the
destination of the stone ship. You'll go there in a bit.

For now, go to the left and behind the workbench area. This path leads to
the
Botany Lab, where Sirrus' nurtured a flower to offer to Catherine (seen in
the
pressure chamber in Catherine's Botany Lab, and also in triggered memory
sequence in Tomahna by Night Botany Lab.) Zoom in on the statue and trigger
memory sequence. The Botany work table shows a diagram, but that doesn't
look
like flower experiences. Looks like Sirrus has been extracting something
from
the plants around here.

Return to the trapdoor, and from there to the dock area below. On arriving
here, notice that a gangway has been extended to the stone ship. Walk to the
ship and get inside. Push the lever up and it's a small ride to the other
island. Once there, get out of the ship and proceed forward and to the
right.
Cross to the other side and zoom in on the pipe. Trigger a memory sequence
and
climb down.

To the right there's a web of chains. Go there first. Zoom in on the
porthole
and use the controls on the right to move the view around. There are three
places where the blue button will light up, but one of them is more
important
than the others. Before you start moving it around, trigger the memory
sequence. This is where Sirrus discovers that this Age has no bottom and the
link book is lost forever.

First hotspot is at the bottom of the stalactite that is currently shown in
the viewer. Click on the blue button to zoom in and again to zoom out.
Second
hotspot is almost at the top of this stalactite. Again click the blue button
to zoom in and again to zoom out. To the left of this one is the most
important one: it shows a crystal jutting out from a windpipe (of circular
shape) and the white mark on the scale is in the third position (again with
position one being the first where the middle indicator is). Zoom out from
the
viewer and go to the machine at the end of the other path.

This one had me banging my head on the wall for a while. The gears won't
turn
not because there's no power (as I first assumed) but because there's a
floating stone nudged in them that prevents them from turning. Touch the
stone
(on the right side of the screen) to set it free and then pull the lever.
This
will enable a floating stone to form a bridge near the stone ship. Return
upstairs.

Cross the walkway and use the floating stone to cross to the other side.
Continue to the end to find another circuit board. Zoom in and use the
amulet.
Return to the floating stone and step left to the control box. I forgot to
mention we are trying to power an artifact that lets you access the bottom
most point of the Age and that looks like a chair with spider legs. I shall
refer to it as spider chair. For that we need exactly 36 conductors to be
lit.

Zoom in on the closed lid and trigger a memory. The symbol here looks like a
three stringed lyre. Open the lid. Wow! That's a lot of conductors! After
much
experiment, the sequence for the slider here, after flicking down the
switch,
is : move slider right, right, left, left and right. You need to light up 29
LEDs which this sequence does. Return to the stone ship and to the main
spire.

Now, 29 from the island plus the 7 from the dock station makes 36. All you
need to do is to turn off the ones above the area where the metal pole leads
to (upper magnet control room). Go there and turn them off by flicking the
switch up. Climb down and this time, go to the right, towards Sirrus' rest
area and second workbench. On your way there, notice a piece of paper on the
floor, near a square piece of rock. It's the first note on Quartz crystals.
Zoom in and take a picture.

Keep going until you get to the third crystal jutting out from the windpipe.
This one is broken and there's no scale, but the shape is an hexagon. Zoom
in,
take a picture and trigger the memory sequence. This confirms the shape of
the
pipe and also the position for the last indicator, which is set on the
seventh.

Turn around and go to the cot area. Zoom in on the chess set to trigger a
memory that completes the one triggered on the chess set back in the Kitchen
in Tomahna. Turn around to the water bucket. Notice a piece of paper on the
floor. Zoom in and take a picture (first note about the blue crystals). Now
go
to the workbench.

On the left there's a rotating display with crystals inside. Below it
there's
a note on Nara. Take a picture. On the top and to the right, there's a note
on
rock. Take a picture. Now open the small compartment to find two more notes,
the one on top about blue crystals and below this one, one about rock.
You'll
have to move the small gear aside to be able to lift the note about the blue
crystals. Take a picture of both notes.

Now, turn to the right, walk forward and examine the hole there. Jump into
it.
At the bottom you'll be face with the spider chair. To the left of the chair
there's a statue with a list of numbers. Take a picture of it (as it will
help
determine the correct frequency for Rock). Open the gate in front of the
chair
by pulling the lever down. Leave the lever with the lightning bolt symbol as
is. Exit through the gate to the other side.

Climb up the stairs and look to the floor. Zoom in on the note and take a
picture. This is the only note about quartz but it's more than enough. The
elevator cab is here, but you won't be needing it. Return to the spider
chair
and sit down. Press the button on the right. A control panel closes over you
and everything lights up. If you look carefully to the left side you'll see
numbers next to symbols. These indicate the amount of energy needed to
access
a level, and this is how I knew that 36 was the correct number. Pull the
knob
on the left down one position.

You'll go down and the statue will come down with you. Zoom in on it and use
the amulet. There seems to be a whole lot of flasks around. Pull the knob on
the left down another position. You will go down again and this time you'll
see four displays in front of you. Inside each there's a different piece of
crystal. On the left there's Quartz and Stone and on the right Nara (in the
form of a Knight chess piece) and Blue Crystal. These are locks and the
notes
you have been collecting let you find out what are the frequencies to make
them vibrate and thus open. But before you do that, you need to tune the
machine.

Click on the button in the panel that looks like three capital 'E' letters.
You'll have to open the panel first to reveal the button. Once at the
bottom,
you'll see three gears each with a different geometric symbol: a pentagon,
circle and an hexagon. Each corresponds to one of the windpipes I told you
take a picture of. On the right there's some tools. Zoom in on them and
trigger a memory sequence. After this, set the gears accordingly. Remember
that the first position counts. Code is:

Gear one (pentagon) in 4th position
Gear two (circle) in 3rd position
Gear three (hexagon) in 7th position

If you make a mistake, the white handle in each gear resets it to the
original
position. Once they are properly tuned, return upstairs by pressing the big
black button up and to the left. When the ride ends, save the game. Get
ready
for another annoying puzzle. Seems to be one per Age. But first let's find
out
the sequences.

Open up the notes on the quartz crystal. The first one says the first slider
should be set to 6. The second one says the optimum setting is near 8-12-4.
Push the sliders on the chair control panel to these positions: the first
one
to 6, the second one to 12 and the third one to 4. The quartz crystal begins
to vibrate (the lights on the conductors turn off meaning that energy is
being
spend to make the crystal vibrate). You have the correct frequency for
Quartz:
6-12-4. Notice that there's only a hole on the Quartz ring and that it spins
slowly.

Now for the Rock. The notes for rock say that the total power is 20 and that
the last slider must be set to 5 (seen in one of the notes). This means that
the power distributed to the other sliders has to add up to 15. There's a
lot
of combinations, but the notes also say that the lab vibrated strongly with
one of the melodies from the music chart. So that reduces it to 10-5 (as
found
on the last three lines of the chart), since this is the only pair from the
melodies chart that adds up to 15. The correct frequency for Rock is 10-5-5.
Test it and notice the lock behavior. This one has three holes.

Now for the Blue Crystal. The notes let you know that the setting for the
first slider is 3. The other ones must be set to the total output from the
garden, which is 4, and docking station which is 7. The total is 11. So if
the
total is 11 and the first one is set to three and one of them has to have
the
full power from the docking station, which is 7, the sequence is either
3-7-1
or 3-1-7 (since both add to 11). Testing these reveals that the correct one
is
3-1-7. Notice the lock behavior by zooming in on it. This one has two holes.

And for the final one, Nara. This is the easiest one. The only note on Nara
says that it will have to be all the power the board can generate, equally
divided by three. Since the full power is 36, dividing it by three means the
frequency is 12-12-12. Zoom in on the lock and see that it has four holes.

So frequencies we have, now to determine the order. Since the slower
vibrating
materials take longer to get to a hole in the ring, it's better to have them
set up early. In order of the number of holes, this means the correct order
(along with frequency settings) is:

Quartz: 6-12-4
Blue Crystal: 3-1-7
Rock: 10-5-5
Nara: 12-12-12

Now for the annoying part. You have to get all four locks vibrating at the
same time and this requires speed while setting up the sliders. This would
be
easy if the control system wasn't so clunky and the mouse hovering
sensibility
was a little more sensitive. My suggestion, at least for the first setting
is
to set up the first and third slider to the correct positions and leave the
second one to the end. As this involves cranking it up to the maximum, it
buys
you some time. Once it starts vibrating, set the next combination and so on.
With a bit of luck you'll get it right and the bridge in front of the chair
will lower.

Once this happens, click the blue button on the right to have the control
console lift up and free you. Walk over to the bridge and cross it. Save the
game. Climb to the new area and you'll see an huge stone slab in the
elevator
to the left. You'll have to get rid of it. To your right is a panel with two
settings. Move the slider to the right (below the drawing for what looks
like
a Bishop chess piece).

Move forward and you'll see a figurine inside an electrical cage. Zoom in
and
trigger the associated memory. Oh, so the crystal figurines will act as
bombs
once they are grounded. Continue to the second of Sirrus' Journals. You'll
learn of Sirrus bitterness, his trickery of his mother as well as taking
advantage on her feelings and that he is not the least bit sorry for what he
did: he's quite blase about it. You'll also learn of his plans to blow up
the
linking chamber, how he tricked Atrus into giving him some Nara (in the form
of chess pieces and his surprise at finding out he has a sister and the
anger/envy he feels towards her because Atrus chose to teach her the Art of
writing Ages and didn't do the same with him.

Approach the nearby dispensers and zoom in on each one. You'll have the
opportunity to trigger two memory sequences, showing a figurine being
retrieved and deposited into the sliding container. The one on the left is
made of rock and the one on the right is made of Nara. Since you need to
blow
up the rock slab that is blocking the elevator, Nara would be the right way
go. You'll have to make sure that the container is pushed to the left so
that
the Nara figurine will fall to the ground and blow up.

Slide the container to the left and return to the spider chair. Set the
sliders to 12-12-12 and watch the cutscene. A figurine slides to the back of
the other area and an explosion similar to the one witnessed on Tomahna when
the quake took place will be seen. Seems that both brothers had an hand at
that event. Return to the area that just blew up. The elevator is now
unblocked.

Enter the elevator. If you want to save the game here, as this will be a fun
ride. Lift the lever up and enjoy it! The ride ends on the shaft chamber
near
the beginning of the Age. By the way, the ride up here should explain why
this
elevator wasn't working: beside the slab of stone blocking it downstairs,
there was a missing section of the shaft that Sirrus substituted for
electromagnets.

Turn around an zoom in on the medallion next to the lever. Flick the little
latch and take a picture of the color scheme that appears. This changes from
game to game, so I can't tell which scheme you'll get. It's also part of the
solution to another puzzle in Serenia and the reason why you needed to visit
Spire before going to Serenia. Zooming in on the lever, replays the elevator
ride. Exit the elevator and proceed to the link chamber. Link back to
Tomahna.

-------------------
5. Tomahna Revisited
-------------------

Time to take care of the book shelf puzzle in Yeesha's room. Pull the small
lever right to open the chamber and Zip mode to the bedroom. Once inside,
approach the bookshelf. There are two rows of books, with eight books each.
Number the books in each row from one to eight. I'll refer to a particular
book like so 2:4 in which the first number is the row and the second number
is
the book.

On the spine of each book there's a name written in D'ni. After gathering
all
the clues (Yeesha's Journal where she says all the names are written in D'ni
and that she won't forget who is older, the family tree below the first
conservatory, the note from Atrus to Catherine, Yeesha's notepad where she
practiced her name and the pictures of the family) all that's left to do is
translate the names so you can find out which books to push.

Since you already have Atrus, Catherine and Yeesha's names in D'ni, the only
ones missing are Achenar and Sirrus. If you translate the other names,
you'll
see some familiar names there, like Rand for example. Or you could simply
try
to find out which are the ones you want from looking at the Family Tree
picture. The order to be used, as Yeesha says she won't forget who is older,
is descending chronological. So that would be Atrus, Catherine, Achenar,
Si...(message truncated)

LOL, I suppose posting a walkthrough is an interesting interpretation of
"no spoilers"!

Good walkthrough though,
Amy

Dear Mystics!

> LOL, I suppose posting a walkthrough is an interesting interpretation of
> "no spoilers"!

That's right, very funny. ;)
But I kept it just in case!

So thank you all for giving me little and humongous (Does this word exist? It just sprang forward from between my ears) pieces of information to carry on my mystical journey!

> Good walkthrough though,
> Amy

Bye,
Martin

"I don't know. I'm making this up as I go!"
(Ford as Dr. Jones Jr. in 'Raiders of the Lost Ark')

TRENDING THREADS