Problem with Bluetooth Headset

January 16, 2005 12:06:42 PM

I have a Bluetooth enabled IPAQ 4700. I am trying to pair my Mobile headset
M2500 with Bluetooth and am not able to do so. My Bluetooth is on in the
"Hands-free/Headset setup" screen, but showing no devices listed when I
activate the Bluetooth Connection Wizard. I am doing everything that the
headset setup instructions requested. Please help
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 2:56:18 PM

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 09:06:42 -0600, news.dallas.sbcglobal.net
<tamatora@swbell.net> wrote:

> I have a Bluetooth enabled IPAQ 4700. I am trying to pair my Mobile
> headset
> M2500 with Bluetooth and am not able to do so. My Bluetooth is on in the
> "Hands-free/Headset setup" screen, but showing no devices listed when I
> activate the Bluetooth Connection Wizard. I am doing everything that the
> headset setup instructions requested. Please help

Is there a light blinking on your headset? Are you sure that headset is
on?

--
Brad Isaac
editor-in-chief, www.pocketpcaddict.com

Had that headset with a t-610. in order to pair it I had to press and hold
the button on the headset (only worked after charging the new headset for a
while) then entering the bluetooth menu on the phone at the same time and
discovering the headset. The phone would not recognize the headset if the
phone was already in the bluetooth menu before I pressed the headset button.

"news.dallas.sbcglobal.net" <tamatora@swbell.net> wrote in message
news:o P1U%23z9%23EHA.3368@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> I have a Bluetooth enabled IPAQ 4700. I am trying to pair my Mobile
headset
> M2500 with Bluetooth and am not able to do so. My Bluetooth is on in the
> "Hands-free/Headset setup" screen, but showing no devices listed when I
> activate the Bluetooth Connection Wizard. I am doing everything that the
> headset setup instructions requested. Please help

Anonymous
January 17, 2005 11:08:49 AM

Are you sure the headset is in discoverable mode? In most cases you have to
turn it off. Then turn it on again and keep the button pressed until you
hear a beep. Some LED will blink quickly. During this time it can be
discovered.

As for PIN, most headsets default to 0000 (this is a four zeros number).

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
http://www.geekmac.com

!