Burning files w/long file names

Does anyone know of a software that will allow the burning of files that have
long file names. I am currently using NERO but the file names are truncated
and complete names are not burned with the files. Any help will be
appreciated.
--
John

"PMCK" <PMCK@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
> Does anyone know of a software that will allow the burning of files that
> have
> long file names. I am currently using NERO but the file names are
> truncated
> and complete names are not burned with the files. Any help will be
> appreciated.

How long are your file names? Did you check the "Joliet" option when burning
in Nero?

I check the Joliet option and tried everything else in the setup of NERO and
nothing worked.

The files are actually word documents with very discriptive names. My wife
is an English teacher and they are her files. English teachers have a habit
of not being economical with words. She must have over a hundred floppies
with files on them that I would like to burn on a cd.

thanks

"André Gulliksen" wrote:

> "PMCK" <PMCK@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
> > Does anyone know of a software that will allow the burning of files that
> > have
> > long file names. I am currently using NERO but the file names are
> > truncated
> > and complete names are not burned with the files. Any help will be
> > appreciated.
>
> How long are your file names? Did you check the "Joliet" option when burning
> in Nero?

Byte

DroptoCD (DataCD) can burn up to 107 character filenames to CD:
CD Burner downloads - Free cd burner, cd ripper, cd copying software downloads
http://www.sofotex.com/download/Multimedia/CD_Burner/more6.html

"PMCK" wrote:

> I check the Joliet option and tried everything else in the setup of NERO and
> nothing worked.
>
> The files are actually word documents with very discriptive names. My wife
> is an English teacher and they are her files. English teachers have a habit
> of not being economical with words. She must have over a hundred floppies
> with files on them that I would like to burn on a cd.
>
> thanks
>
> "André Gulliksen" wrote:
>
> > "PMCK" <PMCK@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
> > > Does anyone know of a software that will allow the burning of files that
> > > have
> > > long file names. I am currently using NERO but the file names are
> > > truncated
> > > and complete names are not burned with the files. Any help will be
> > > appreciated.
> >
> > How long are your file names? Did you check the "Joliet" option when burning
> > in Nero?

I use Nero 6.3.1.20. In the Compilation Properties go to IS0 Tab and select
"Allow more than 255 characters in path." and also select "Allow more than
64 characters for Joliet "

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"PMCK" <PMCK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Does anyone know of a software that will allow the burning of files that
have
| long file names. I am currently using NERO but the file names are
truncated
| and complete names are not burned with the files. Any help will be
| appreciated.
| --
| John

Thank you everyone. Harry, I downloaded the update 6.6.0.1 and this seemed to
work. My version of Nero was an older one 5.5.

"Harry Ohrn" wrote:

> I use Nero 6.3.1.20. In the Compilation Properties go to IS0 Tab and select
> "Allow more than 255 characters in path." and also select "Allow more than
> 64 characters for Joliet "
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

> "PMCK" <PMCK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Does anyone know of a software that will allow the burning of files that
> have
> | long file names. I am currently using NERO but the file names are
> truncated
> | and complete names are not burned with the files. Any help will be
> | appreciated.
> | --
> | John

Thanks for posting back with your fix.