The future of URU?

Feeling a bit bored, I have just been browsing around some of the "official"
Myst URU D'ni forums. Is there - or will there ever be - any future
expansions for URU? Or are these forums which seem to be full of postings
about the "opening new neighbourhoods" which are "ready for new explorers" a
load of meaningless waffle?

Whilst I'm here, can someone explain to me what this Until Uru stuff is all
about? Is it Uru Live but without any new levels? (would that be a bit
pointless having played the PotS game?)

Graham
4 answers Last reply
More about future
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    "Grey" <grahame9@btinternet.com> schreef in bericht
    > Feeling a bit bored, I have just been browsing around some of the
    "official"
    > Myst URU D'ni forums. Is there - or will there ever be - any future
    > expansions for URU? Or are these forums which seem to be full of postings
    > about the "opening new neighbourhoods" which are "ready for new explorers"
    > load of meaningless waffle?
    >
    > Whilst I'm here, can someone explain to me what this Until Uru stuff is
    all
    > about? Is it Uru Live but without any new levels? (would that be a bit
    > pointless having played the PotS game?)
    >
    > Graham

    I wouldn't get your hopes up about uru live.
    They say they canceled it because there weren't enough customers but I've
    been there for a (little) while and I think it's a different story.
    There were lots of people walking around 24 hours a day.
    My guess is that uru live failed because they didn't have the hardware (=
    servers), everything was so very slow in some ages, it was a pain in the ass
    to play.
    And still, it was a wonderfull experience as long as it lasted...

    Most on-line open games are visited by an amount trolls that ruin it for
    everyone.
    Didn't have this experience with uru. Everyone was OK: friendly and out for
    adventure.

    I really hope it will continue at some time in the future.

    regards
    Marcel
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    There were two aspects of Uru Live:
    1) Releasing ongoing content of new Ages that changed over time
    2) Multiplayer where fans can explore together

    Since Uru Live was cancelled, the content that was prepared for Live
    was adapted into two expansion packs, To D'ni and The Path of the
    Shell. Some of the content that was meant for Uru Live might also
    appear in Cyan's next game, Myst V: End of Ages.

    As Myst V's title suggests, this will most likely be the last Myst
    game. It is very unlikely there will be more expansion packs for Uru.

    Now about multiplayer. Cyan relased Until Uru to allow fans to
    continue to play Uru multiplayer. Fans host their own servers that
    allow fans to meet and chat in the game. No new content will be added,
    but some fans are working on integrating The Path of the Shell Ages
    into Until Uru. Visit http://plasma.cyanworlds.com/ for more info on
    Until Uru.

    Cheers,
    - Deg -
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    <abstractpenguin@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > There were two aspects of Uru Live:
    > 1) Releasing ongoing content of new Ages that changed over time
    > 2) Multiplayer where fans can explore together
    >
    > Since Uru Live was cancelled, the content that was prepared for Live
    > was adapted into two expansion packs, To D'ni and The Path of the
    > Shell. Some of the content that was meant for Uru Live might also
    > appear in Cyan's next game, Myst V: End of Ages.
    >
    > As Myst V's title suggests, this will most likely be the last Myst
    > game.

    :-(((

    > It is very unlikely there will be more expansion packs for Uru.

    :-(((

    > Now about multiplayer. Cyan relased Until Uru to allow fans to
    > continue to play Uru multiplayer. Fans host their own servers that
    > allow fans to meet and chat in the game. No new content will be added,

    :-(((

    > but some fans are working on integrating The Path of the Shell Ages
    > into Until Uru. Visit http://plasma.cyanworlds.com/ for more info on
    > Until Uru.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > - Deg -

    Oh well....

    Graham
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    "Grey" <grahame9@btinternet.com> wrote in message

    > <abstractpenguin@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> There were two aspects of Uru Live:
    >> 1) Releasing ongoing content of new Ages that changed over time
    >> 2) Multiplayer where fans can explore together
    >>
    >> Since Uru Live was cancelled, the content that was prepared for Live
    >> was adapted into two expansion packs, To D'ni and The Path of the
    >> Shell. Some of the content that was meant for Uru Live might also
    >> appear in Cyan's next game, Myst V: End of Ages.
    >>
    >> As Myst V's title suggests, this will most likely be the last Myst
    >> game.
    >
    > :-(((

    The latest issue of Computer Games magazine (April 2005) has an article on
    Myst V and Cyan pretty much says in the article that it'll be the final Myst
    game. They did say, though, that they will be working on more projects in
    the future. So, hopefully, Cyan will come out with more cool stuff in the
    future that just happens to not be Myst-related.

Games Video Games