Need help finding a good pre-built.

Anvel

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
I was originally planning on building my new pc, but my wife would "perfer" I get one pre built. I had hell getting her to agree to my budget of $2000 dollars so i had to comprimise. I am looking for a company to build me the fastest gaming rig i can get in that price range. It will be soley for gaming so speed is most important. I have heard of a few companys but Im looking for best parts for my money not like Alienware of Falcon northwest where your buying mostly name.
I have looked at sites like:

monarchcomputers.com
ibuypower.com
velocitymicro.com

any one know of a good company with decent customer service and warranty and all that jazz. Is going this route going to seriously limit the type of computer I can buy. Is it worth it to keep pushing to build it myself. Im going to spend every bit of $2000 dollars so im not looking to save money, but could I get a better system on the same budget if I built it myself. I diffenetly want to go Core2 duo and Id like to be able to overclock it as well. Was thinking something like:

E6600
asus delux
2gig DDR2-800
2- 320gig Barracudas raid 0
X1900xt
X-FI Extreme music

Who could build this best for me? Maybe with a factory watercooler for overclocking? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
I was originally planning on building my new pc, but my wife would "perfer" I get one pre built. I had hell getting her to agree to my budget of $2000 dollars so i had to comprimise. I am looking for a company to build me the fastest gaming rig i can get in that price range. It will be soley for gaming so speed is most important. I have heard of a few companys but Im looking for best parts for my money not like Alienware of Falcon northwest where your buying mostly name.
I have looked at sites like:

monarchcomputers.com
ibuypower.com
velocitymicro.com

any one know of a good company with decent customer service and warranty and all that jazz. Is going this route going to seriously limit the type of computer I can buy. Is it worth it to keep pushing to build it myself. Im going to spend every bit of $2000 dollars so im not looking to save money, but could I get a better system on the same budget if I built it myself. I diffenetly want to go Core2 duo and Id like to be able to overclock it as well. Was thinking something like:

E6600
asus delux
2gig DDR2-800
2- 320gig Barracudas raid 0
X1900xt
X-FI Extreme music

Who could build this best for me? Maybe with a factory watercooler for overclocking? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

If your looking into Pre-built systems, check out Ibuypower.com or cyberpowerpc.com Friend of mine got his from cyberpower, looks really nice.

godman

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
i dont know any really, seeing as if you buy pre built or even if you buy a 'custom buuilt pc' off the net you dont know how high a quality the components are (although you may have the choice of some components such as one or two motherboards, but again you ONLY have these limited choices).

if you do chose to buy pre built then umm go for an aleinware id say lthough theyre expensive...

so i would build, you get the quality and you get the like x years garantee/warranty on the components wheeras if you buy pre built you need to send the whole system back and you get a very :roll: (not sure how long) limited warranty.

basically its probably better to build. overclocking is usually locked in the bios in pre built comps (although my computer is pre built i can overclock it with the motherboard and bois that i got :D)

if you build you also have choice of components, you know whats good and hat isnt etc (well as long as you know whats good and what not).

you could buy the components though and like ask someone to build it for you... :lol: i think there are shops that can do that for you though... you just have to watch they dont nick any parts and put rubbish ones in it and charge you extra : :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anvel

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
I checked all those places and they etheir had poor part selection or were outrageously expensive and other places I should check