Sign in with
Your question

Intel E6300 1.86gh

Last response: in CPUs
September 13, 2006 7:25:07 PM

Trying to get some info on this processor. Whats the general consensus on this? I'm a gamer and want performance, but don't want to pay out the butt. I'll be getting this through a company discount (getting it either way cuz ill get windows vista ultimate with it, both for around 200) Just need some input, I've done some research and ppl say it's overclockable, but only by increasing the voltage to the northbridge chipset. Im not much of an OC'er but will give it a shot. Any help or insight would be helpful.

More about : intel e6300 86gh

September 14, 2006 7:10:24 AM

Quote:
Trying to get some info on this processor. Whats the general consensus on this? I'm a gamer and want performance, but don't want to pay out the butt. I'll be getting this through a company discount (getting it either way cuz ill get windows vista ultimate with it, both for around 200) Just need some input, I've done some research and ppl say it's overclockable, but only by increasing the voltage to the northbridge chipset. Im not much of an OC'er but will give it a shot. Any help or insight would be helpful.
No matter which C2D you get, you'll want to increase voltages to get the most out of them. Rest assured, the E6300 is very overclockable. You will want a decent motherboard to extract the performance though...none of this sub-$100 budget stuff. GL :) 
!