Can't get drive properties

This is a new one...

In Windows Explorer (Not ie), right clicking on a drive will normally
produce a drop down menu where the drive properties can be obtained -among
other things-.

What happens now is that a pop-up window appears labeled "Windows
Installer" and subsequently offers to install Roxio's Easy CD & Dvd Creator
6, after about 3 cancels the dorp down menu finally decides to show up.

This also happens when I try to run .mpg files, does not do it with .avi or
..wmv.

Ran anti-virus, pest patrol, spybot, adaware, windoctor, system restore to
11/1/04 (couldn't).

Any ideas???

Thank you

Win Xp SP1

"AcydSkull" <acydskull@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| This is a new one...
|
| In Windows Explorer (Not ie), right clicking on a drive will normally
| produce a drop down menu where the drive properties can be obtained -among
| other things-.
|
| What happens now is that a pop-up window appears labeled "Windows
| Installer" and subsequently offers to install Roxio's Easy CD & Dvd
Creator
| 6, after about 3 cancels the dorp down menu finally decides to show up.
|
| This also happens when I try to run .mpg files, does not do it with .avi
or
| .wmv.
|
| Ran anti-virus, pest patrol, spybot, adaware, windoctor, system restore to
| 11/1/04 (couldn't).
|
| Any ideas???
|
| Thank you
|

| Win Xp SP1

Try the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

"HillBillyBuddhist" <hillbillybuddhist@shoescolumbus.rr.com> wrote in

> "AcydSkull" <acydskull@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>| This is a new one...
>|
>| In Windows Explorer (Not ie), right clicking on a drive will normally
>| produce a drop down menu where the drive properties can be obtained
>| -among other things-.
>|
>| What happens now is that a pop-up window appears labeled "Windows
>| Installer" and subsequently offers to install Roxio's Easy CD & Dvd
> Creator
>| 6, after about 3 cancels the dorp down menu finally decides to show
>| up.
>|
>| This also happens when I try to run .mpg files, does not do it with
>| .avi
> or
>| .wmv.
>|
>| Ran anti-virus, pest patrol, spybot, adaware, windoctor, system
>| restore to 11/1/04 (couldn't).
>|
>| Any ideas???
>|
>| Thank you
>|

>| Win Xp SP1
>
> Try the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

D/l it worked!!! Thanks a million, if I can ever return the favor please
let me know.