Closed Solved

Card reader reads sdhc card but will not delete files using windows 7

cannot delete files on sdhc card in windows 7 (can read)
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about card reader reads sdhc card delete files windows
  1. is the lock tab in the downward position, should be switch to near the connectors.
  2. plus 1^
  3. 13thmonkey said:
    is the lock tab in the downward position, should be switch to near the connectors.

No the card is not protected or read only. The photos download OK but in Windows 7 when you go to delete the folder on the card the delete button is not highlighted therefore I cannot delete. I can delete it on my other computer which uses Windows XP though. Thought it might be a driver or something.
  4. Best answer
    Windows 7 is total junk compared to XP IMO. I run into problems like this all the time and there are no answers anywhere to be found. With XP I could find the answer to any question within 2 minutes every time. I think MS concentrated so much on security they forgot to create an OS that works. I can't believe I paid for this stuff. It's really telling that no one on a board with the reputation of Tom's can answer this question. I had the same problem last night. I finally got it working by resetting the options on the folder to default (even though I never changed them) and by unplugging my card reader and plugging it back in. A real scientific approach that was. 7 is every bit as bad as Vista. Maybe worse.
  5. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
  6. Best answer selected by joy-78.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Windows 7 SDHC