Card reader reads sdhc card but will not delete files using windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Windows 7 is total junk compared to XP IMO. I run into problems like this all the time and there are no answers anywhere to be found. With XP I could find the answer to any question within 2 minutes every time. I think MS concentrated so much on security they forgot to create an OS that works. I can't believe I paid for this stuff. It's really telling that no one on a board with the reputation of Tom's can answer this question. I had the same problem last night. I finally got it working by resetting the options on the folder to default (even though I never changed them) and by unplugging my card reader and plugging it back in. A real scientific approach that was. 7 is every bit as bad as Vista. Maybe worse.

joy-78

Distinguished
May 27, 2011

No the card is not protected or read only. The photos download OK but in Windows 7 when you go to delete the folder on the card the delete button is not highlighted therefore I cannot delete. I can delete it on my other computer which uses Windows XP though. Thought it might be a driver or something.

KingGhidora

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
Windows 7 is total junk compared to XP IMO. I run into problems like this all the time and there are no answers anywhere to be found. With XP I could find the answer to any question within 2 minutes every time. I think MS concentrated so much on security they forgot to create an OS that works. I can't believe I paid for this stuff. It's really telling that no one on a board with the reputation of Tom's can answer this question. I had the same problem last night. I finally got it working by resetting the options on the folder to default (even though I never changed them) and by unplugging my card reader and plugging it back in. A real scientific approach that was. 7 is every bit as bad as Vista. Maybe worse.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.