Portable Air Conditioner

Storm1234

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
No idea where to put this so I put it in CPU's thats its purpose to cool down mainly anyways.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest any portable air conditioners In-Store or Online. I have about a 10X12 room approx 120** Square feet I guess.

Price range anywhere from 100-300$, less the better of course.

Thanks for any help. Storm~

Storm1234

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
I know there are some for 2-300 $ just cant seem to find any, I know lowes and such places sell's them around that price maybe 400 But I just cant seem to find them on there site.

I wouldn't mind buying one online either, if anyone has any suggestions be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Storm

oneitchyeye

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
I know home depot has a selection as well.

My only suggestion is to make sure you have something or somewhere to drain into. Most of the portable units don't have much capacity for the moisture they remove. I used one in a small room to cool some servers and it would shut off every warm night because it was full of water (very bad). I used a bucket to collect the runoff next and it would fill up over the weekend. I then drilled a hole and ran a long drain tube to the outside and that worked great.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Synthetickiller

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
I know home depot has a selection as well.

My only suggestion is to make sure you have something or somewhere to drain into. Most of the portable units don't have much capacity for the moisture they remove. I used one in a small room to cool some servers and it would shut off every warm night because it was full of water (very bad). I used a bucket to collect the runoff next and it would fill up over the weekend. I then drilled a hole and ran a long drain tube to the outside and that worked great.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

the 300 dollar air conditioners on new egg look like crap from what I've seen. You're going to have to pay more for a decent one.

If you have problems with humidity, get a dehumidifier. I believe they hold a gallon or more on average.