URU: Tree Age-Pyramid Puzzle

We are playing URU and currently in the Tree Age. We have found the
Pyramid and have been able to get under the Pyramid without solving the
hexagon floor puzzle inside the Pyramid.

Question: Are you supposed to be able to get under the Pyramid without
first solving the hexagon puzzle inside? Please answer just Yes or No,
without details.

Thank you in advance for responding to our question.
2 answers Last reply
More about tree pyramid puzzle
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    Umm, no, I don't think so... But I must be wrong if you did it.

    How did you do it?

    Rustiferion

    "uruingrapevine" <groups@grossi-aerospace.com> wrote in message
    > We are playing URU and currently in the Tree Age. We have found the
    > Pyramid and have been able to get under the Pyramid without solving the
    > hexagon floor puzzle inside the Pyramid.
    >
    > Question: Are you supposed to be able to get under the Pyramid without
    > first solving the hexagon puzzle inside? Please answer just Yes or No,
    > without details.
    >
    > Thank you in advance for responding to our question.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    Thank you for responding. We feared that our discovery might have
    resulted from a programming bug, and so it sounds like from your
    response our progress did result from a bug. Here's how we did it:

    Possible Spoiler Below (but probably a bug):
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    *
    We discovered the tapestry in a nook on the outside wall of the
    pyramid. So after that we explored the back outside wall of the
    pyramid and we noticed what appeared to be a triangular indentation on
    the back wall (base of triangle toward the top of the wall and apex of
    triangle toward bottom of pyramid wall--forming an inverted triangle).
    The indentation seemed like a key feature so we searched for a hot
    spot. We walked along the base of the back wall, looking into the
    illuminated ditch. We really aren't sure what the exact action was,
    but after maneuvering along the back wall and looking in the ditch, we
    must have made some effective action which allowed us to unexpectedly
    fall through to the lower level. We had great difficulty repeating the
    action again after we exited the game. We were able to drop to the
    bottom level three times. On the third time, we touched the tapestry
    on the lower level so were able to return to the lower level easily.
    Since our progress appears to have resulted from a bug, we plan to
    return to solving the hexagon puzzle in the floor inside the pyramid,
    but we are struggling with that puzzle.

Games Video Games