grey

"poldo" <poldo@aliceposta.it> wrote in message
news:S_V4e.744612$b5.33484200@news3.tin.it...
> http://www.petitiononline.com/mystmovi/petition.html
>
> vote vote vote vote....
> :-D

I regard this with more than a little suspicion and I find it a bit unlikely
Spielberg and Cameron would be interested in any Myst movie. What would it
be about - follow some guy around and watch him pull levers, solve puzzles
whilst the narrative of the game comes from books, messages and the like...?

Graham

"Grey" <grahame9@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> "poldo" <poldo@aliceposta.it> wrote in message
>> http://www.petitiononline.com/mystmovi/petition.html
>>
>> vote vote vote vote....
>> :-D
>>

> I regard this with more than a little suspicion and I find it a bit
> unlikely
> Spielberg and Cameron would be interested in any Myst movie. What would it
> be about - follow some guy around and watch him pull levers, solve puzzles
> whilst the narrative of the game comes from books, messages and the
> like...?
>
> Graham

Castaway was a big hit! But I like you doubt either Cameron or Spielberg
are interested in Myst.

QQ

Grey wrote:

> I regard this with more than a little suspicion and I find it a bit unlikely
> Spielberg and Cameron would be interested in any Myst movie. What would it
> be about - follow some guy around and watch him pull levers, solve puzzles
> whilst the narrative of the game comes from books, messages and the like...?

I agree that the big name producers aren't likely to bite (unless, by
chance, they're also Myst fans?) As for the plot, well, barring them
coming up with a completely original story, they could always make
movies out of the novels.

It would be great to see a Myst movie, but I'd be worried about
Hollywood not being true to the Myst story.

There were places for a TV mini-movie for the SciFi channel, but that
has apparently drifted away.

Cheers,
- Deg -

grey

"Stephen Williams" <steve1.williams@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Grey wrote:
>
> > I regard this with more than a little suspicion and I find it a bit
unlikely
> > Spielberg and Cameron would be interested in any Myst movie. What would
it
> > be about - follow some guy around and watch him pull levers, solve
puzzles
> > whilst the narrative of the game comes from books, messages and the
like...?

> I agree that the big name producers aren't likely to bite (unless, by
> chance, they're also Myst fans?) As for the plot, well, barring them
> coming up with a completely original story, they could always make
> movies out of the novels.

I dare say that with some good scriptwriters, it may be possible to work out
a good script/plot suitable for film. That said, there is an virtual
certainty Myst the Movie would be a thousand miles away from Myst the game,
given the track record of game-to-film transitions.

Graham

"Grey" <grahame9@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> I regard this with more than a little suspicion and I find it a bit
> unlikely
> Spielberg and Cameron would be interested in any Myst movie. What would it
> be about - follow some guy around and watch him pull levers, solve puzzles
> whilst the narrative of the game comes from books, messages and the
> like...?

It would be neat to see a real-life, life-size mock-up of Myst Island,
though.

grey

"Matt B." <sawdust100@charter.net> wrote in message

> "Grey" <grahame9@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > I regard this with more than a little suspicion and I find it a bit
> > unlikely
> > Spielberg and Cameron would be interested in any Myst movie. What would
it
> > be about - follow some guy around and watch him pull levers, solve
puzzles
> > whilst the narrative of the game comes from books, messages and the
> > like...?
>
> It would be neat to see a real-life, life-size mock-up of Myst Island,
> though.

"Real life" would mean CGI these days, like most films now. Not that it
would be a bad thing - my worry would be script and screenplay.

Graham

I really liked the novels and the story line they developed - I wouldn't
mind a forgotten-child-becomes-great-kahuna story based on that (along with
the revenge-of-the-grandparents story of the first game)...

~RL