HP Laserjet 5N paper jam...

Hi,

We have a couple of LJ 5 printers which frequently jam paper. Which parts
should be considered replaced or is this normally an expensive
repair/replace process which should not be considered...?

regards

Geir
3 answers Last reply
More about laserjet paper

    "Geir Holmavatn" <geir@hater.spam> wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >We have a couple of LJ 5 printers which frequently jam paper. Which parts
    >should be considered replaced or is this normally an expensive
    >repair/replace process which should not be considered...?
    >
    >regards
    >
    >Geir

    A little more information would help.
    Where in the printers is the jam occuring?
    Has the toner (if any) been fused on the jammed paper (ie is it set or does it
    wipe off)?
    Does the paper have a crease and if so what does it look like?
    etcetera
    Tony

    <Tony> wrote news:part1of1.1.4$ZOnVdCgGv5Cg@ue.ph...

    > A little more information would help.

    It occurs mostly in multipage printing. The beginning of the first page
    appears in slot to the printed pages tray and stops a couple of inches out.
    Printer displays 'Paper jam'. I open the rear lid and drag the first page
    out. The second page is stuck finely fan-folded just after the fuser rolls.
    It is the jamming (folring ;-) of the second page which makes the printer to
    stop.

    This is the situation

    regards

    Geir

    "Geir Holmavatn" <geirh3@hotmail.com> wrote:
    ><Tony> wrote news:part1of1.1.4$ZOnVdCgGv5Cg@ue.ph...
    >
    >> A little more information would help.
    >
    >It occurs mostly in multipage printing. The beginning of the first page
    >appears in slot to the printed pages tray and stops a couple of inches out.
    >Printer displays 'Paper jam'. I open the rear lid and drag the first page
    >out. The second page is stuck finely fan-folded just after the fuser rolls.
    >It is the jamming (folring ;-) of the second page which makes the printer to
    >stop.
    >
    >This is the situation
    >
    >regards
    >
    >Geir

    Geir
    Sounds like the delivery assembly has failed, this is a reasonably common
    problem with this printer and with LJ4 and LJ4+ printers. The second page is
    crashing into the first page which has stopped inside this assembly.
    The HP part number of the assembly is RG5-2189-080. One supplier I found is
    http://www.printerassociates.com/cart500/shopdisplayproducts.asp?search=yes not
    sure where you live but there will be a supplier in your country.
    Not too hard to replace, covers off first and two plastic clips to release and
    the assembly slides out.
    Tony

Printers Hewlett Packard Laserjet Peripherals