Looking for a case with good cooling

revenge7

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2006
I'm looking for a mid-full size ATX case with good cooling, and a 500-600 watt PSU. What can I get for under $120?

I don't really want to spend $140, then have to buy a PSU. The case looks good, but it just costs too much.

Go with the Apreiva Aspire you like. That's a great looking case. I own this case, but I don't particularily care for it except it keeps everything really, really cool. 120mm exhaust and a ventilated mesh front for great air flow.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119077

I also own the Enermax I posted. That's a great deal if you are on a budget.

Nice! :D Great find. OP should go for it. Got my MB installed in my Lian Li!!! WooHoo. If my e6600 boots to my OCZ 5400 DDR2, I be flyin' high tonite! I'll have to post a picture in your photo thread.

SciPunk

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Don't even think about that Enermax if the requirement is "good coolling". Those vents on the back are aweful and the fan on the side panel doesn't even line up with your CPU.

Go with any of the Centurions:
here

You may need an additional 120mm fan. The metal mesh front is GREAT for air flow, and the side panels line up w/ the components that need air... i.e. CPU and video card(s).

You can get one pretty cheep enought to get a decent power supply, but you will probably have to go higher than your $120 cap.

The Sonata is a great choice too, w/ a very decent PSU, but it's not quite up to the 500Watts you required. But as long as you stay away from SLI or Crossfire, and muliple hard drives and opticle drives, you should be fine.

revenge7

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2006
I would get the CoolerMaster, but I need a PSU with a 20 pin connector.

I guess I'll just buy the case and power supply seperatly.

Thanks for all the help.

uber_g

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006
I'll have to post a picture in your photo thread.

U better Or else

:wink:
everyone who has pics of there PC's go here

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=194577&highlight=

it might load slow from all the l337 computers , but let it load :D

SciPunk

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Drop this in the Centurion:
here

Together you're at around $150. That's Antech's better power supply, better than the one they bundle in the Sonata.

BTW: all the new Power Suppplies are 20 pin. Actually their 24 pin, but the extra 4 pins pop off and you can use the 20 pin configuration.
here

See the cluster of 4 on the lower right... that pops off.

revenge7

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2006
I decided to go with the Centurion and a 450W Antec. When I get a DX10 card, I will buy a GPU PSU, so I don't need one that strong right now. Thanks for all the help.