Delete from Desktop programs loaded to Pocket PC

January 17, 2005 1:30:50 AM

I have a question. When I install a program to my pocket PC it loads
infomation to my desktop PC eventually cluttering up my previously
pristene system. What are the ramifications of removing all the traces
of these install programs? I can remove a program if I need to from
the Pocket PC using the remove programs feature anyway and I can
reinstall if I need to so what would be a benefit of leaving all the
installed stuff on my desktop?
January 17, 2005 1:30:51 AM

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:30:50 GMT, Jane Austin
<janeaustin376@hotmail.com> removed the duct tape and proclaimed:

>I have a question. When I install a program to my pocket PC it loads
>infomation to my desktop PC eventually cluttering up my previously
>pristene system. What are the ramifications of removing all the traces
>of these install programs? I can remove a program if I need to from
>the Pocket PC using the remove programs feature anyway and I can
>reinstall if I need to so what would be a benefit of leaving all the
>installed stuff on my desktop?

Maybe this is a way for Micro$oft to be able to track what software
you have installed on you PPC. The age of digital rights management is
upon us, you know.
--
There are only two valid activities in this world:
personally attending to the injured and hungry,

Been a long time, but think if you delete the install from the PC
add/remove it will try to delete it from the ppc... can't remember if
the process asks permission first.

The alternative is to run cabinstall on the pc directly so the pc never
knows that the apps have been installed.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
!