crualtortus

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
hi all, i have a question. I have a logitech 2.1 set of pc speakers. i dont know what model number but the the speakers plug into the sub and the sub goes to a line out on my audigy zs. I just bought an X-FI Platinum for my new comp and Im wondering if I could pick up some more speakers some where and plug them indivisually into my x-fi and achieve a 5 or 7.1 set up. I dont want to invest in a complete system because it will be expensive. so could it be done? what would I do? i dont understand because it seems the card has an input for left and right... but its one input. so i dont know.

thelvyn

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
If you really want to upgrade your sound get a reciever and some decent speakers. I use a hercules card with digital and analog output to my reciever with a sub and 5 speakers.

theboomboomcars

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
You could get another set of 2.1 speakers and plug them into the rear output of the card and get a psuedo surround sound, although you can get a computer 5.1 setup for not much more these days, it wont sound as good as a good home theatre setup, but it will cost a lot less.