Sign in with
Your question

I can't make a decision, please help me..

Last response: in Motherboards
September 14, 2006 12:11:22 AM

Good days everyone,

Currently I'm building up a new PC but I haven't been able to decide which board to use. I'll be using Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Allendale, 2130/266 CPU..

And for the board I'm considering one of these;
P5LD2 SE, P5LD2-VM, P5LD2, P5LD2-VM SE

The price of these boards in my country can be listed as; (from the most expensive to the cheapest)
P5LD2(160$), P5LD2 SE(137$), P5LD2-VM(104$), P5LD2-VM SE(107$)

Now in the product pages of Asus I've noticed some differences such as;(except the overclocking stuff, since I'm not interested in those.. Actually the person who'll own this computer -who's 45years old- will have no interest in overclocking etc)

• Models P5LD2, P5LD2 SE are using Intel 945P chipset and models P5LD2-VM, P5LD2-VM SE are using Intel 945G chipset. What is the difference in between, which one is better?
• All these boards do support Intel Core 2 Duo processors but only model P5LD2-VM has 64-bit CPU support.
• Only model P5LD2-VM SE has the ICH7 I/O controller hub. I have no idea what this is.
• Only models P5LD2-VM and P5LD2-VM SE have Dual-Channel DDR2 667 support.

And according to the statements number 2 & 4 it seems (as I guess, since I don't have nearly any knowledge about boards) model P5LD2-VM is the best one to chose among these. But as I noted above this board is number 3 among price comparison, as it's cheaper from the boards with 945P chipsets. Why is it so ?

I'll be delighted if you people can put these boards in order from 1 to 4 deciding on which board should be my first choice and which one should be the last.

Or if better suggestions you'll have, I'd be expecting them too :) 

Some extra information;
• No overclocking will be made over the system, ever.
• I'll be using a Seagate 160GB 8MB Cache SATAII NCQ HDD.
• I'll be using an Asus EAX1300 (or maybe EAX1600) PRO TD graphic card.

And an extra question;
Instead of the current CPU I might consider buying an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe, 2400/266 CPU. But the price difference between these two processors are 105$. Is this difference worth paying while considering the difference in the performance?

I thank everyone who'll help me out on this decision :) 

More about : make decision

September 14, 2006 3:10:18 AM

Quote:
Good days everyone,

Currently I'm building up a new PC but I haven't been able to decide which board to use. I'll be using Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Allendale, 2130/266 CPU..

And for the board I'm considering one of these;
P5LD2 SE, P5LD2-VM, P5LD2, P5LD2-VM SE

The price of these boards in my country can be listed as; (from the most expensive to the cheapest)
P5LD2(160$), P5LD2 SE(137$), P5LD2-VM(104$), P5LD2-VM SE(107$)

Now in the product pages of Asus I've noticed some differences such as;(except the overclocking stuff, since I'm not interested in those.. Actually the person who'll own this computer -who's 45years old- will have no interest in overclocking etc)

• Models P5LD2, P5LD2 SE are using Intel 945P chipset and models P5LD2-VM, P5LD2-VM SE are using Intel 945G chipset. What is the difference in between, which one is better?
• All these boards do support Intel Core 2 Duo processors but only model P5LD2-VM has 64-bit CPU support.
• Only model P5LD2-VM SE has the ICH7 I/O controller hub. I have no idea what this is.
• Only models P5LD2-VM and P5LD2-VM SE have Dual-Channel DDR2 667 support.

And according to the statements number 2 & 4 it seems (as I guess, since I don't have nearly any knowledge about boards) model P5LD2-VM is the best one to chose among these. But as I noted above this board is number 3 among price comparison, as it's cheaper from the boards with 945P chipsets. Why is it so ?

I'll be delighted if you people can put these boards in order from 1 to 4 deciding on which board should be my first choice and which one should be the last.

Or if better suggestions you'll have, I'd be expecting them too :) 

Some extra information;
• No overclocking will be made over the system, ever.
• I'll be using a Seagate 160GB 8MB Cache SATAII NCQ HDD.
• I'll be using an Asus EAX1300 (or maybe EAX1600) PRO TD graphic card.

And an extra question;
Instead of the current CPU I might consider buying an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe, 2400/266 CPU. But the price difference between these two processors are 105$. Is this difference worth paying while considering the difference in the performance?

I thank everyone who'll help me out on this decision :) 

Where are you from? I dont think those mobos can support your CPU. I would suggest the P5B Deluxe if you can afford it.
!