  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 16, 2005 2:59:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Hi.

More about : post

August 16, 2005 3:02:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

See, newsgroups aren't so scary after all :-P Now I just have to
convince the rest of the community that agc is a better idea than
horrible web forums (I guess I'm doomed).

Here, have a carrot.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:07:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

I now scream and run away. 'Bye. (Not really.)
Related resources
August 16, 2005 3:26:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Tsk, posting on newsgroups when you could be doing something useful,
like, working out why my horrible PERM technique fails on c12ds. :)

Your PGP signature has caused the ads/'related pages' on the side of
google groups to all be encryption-related ones, silly google not
ignoring such things..
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:34:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Um, thank you. :)  I'm not really new or anything, just posting a
useless message because some anonymous person told me to.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 7:35:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

scorp uttered thusly,
> "fuzzie" <fuz...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > See, newsgroups aren't so scary after all :-P Now I just have to
> > convince the rest of the community that agc is a better idea than
> > horrible web forums (I guess I'm doomed).
>
> agc is nice, but web forums have pretty pictures! ^_^

Who says USENET doesn't have pictures?
(view in monospace font)

H||
__________H||___________
[|.......................|
||.........## --.#.......|
[|_______________________| |: |
H||_______H|| |_____,_|
H||________\| | / (
_H||_______H||__ | /'=.
H|________________| '=>/ \
/ \ /|/
,___/|
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 10:16:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 10:28:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

aftran@gmail.com wrote in news:1124215174.762336.6790
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Hi.

Well hello there! WeLcOmE tO InSaNiTy!!111!!11!1 ;`}

*dusts off the aged couch, sweeps the COB-filings under the AGC Blue
Carpet, looks around for the NaVeN-HeAd SaNiTy BiNs...*

Erm... make yourself at home. =`)

--
x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

"fuzzie" <fuzzie@gmail.com> wrote in news:1124215359.553044.111920
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> See, newsgroups aren't so scary after all :-P Now I just have to
> convince the rest of the community that agc is a better idea than
> horrible web forums (I guess I'm doomed).

Well, I do hope not. I'd much rather hang out here. I've always disliked
web forums. lol (though they have their uses)

> Here, have a carrot.

*eyes the carrot hungrily*

--
x0tix: "x0tix extrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
norns. 8^) "
....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of
Creatures nostalgia (most external links broken):
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 10:36:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

aftran@gmail.com wrote in news:1124215670.836873.123850
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I now scream and run away. 'Bye. (Not really.)

So are you a CC Oldie with a new name? or a CC Newie? Which is your
favourite norn type? Have you made any COBs/Agents? or Utilites for any of
the Games? Or are you simply a connoisseur? ;`}

--
x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
norns. 8^) "
....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of
Creatures nostalgia (most external links broken):
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 11:42:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

emygination <emygination@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1124220890_3163@spool6-
east.superfeed.net:

> aftran@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi.
>
> Hi. :p

Emy?? =`}

--
x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
norns. 8^) "
....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of
Creatures nostalgia (most external links broken):
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
August 16, 2005 11:51:51 PM

aftran@gmail.com wrote:
> Um, thank you. :)  I'm not really new or anything, just posting a
> useless message because some anonymous person told me to.

It's not really very anonymous given it has your gmail address attached
to it :)

--
fuzzie <fuzzie@gmail.com>
"Reality is just this little memory in the back of my mind."

"fuzzie" <fuzzie@gmail.com> wrote in message
> See, newsgroups aren't so scary after all :-P Now I just have to
> convince the rest of the community that agc is a better idea than
> horrible web forums (I guess I'm doomed).

agc is nice, but web forums have pretty pictures! ^_^
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 4:41:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

"Bryan Donlan" <bdonlan@gmail.com> wrote in news:1124231702.965409.275530
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> scorp uttered thusly,
>> "fuzzie" <fuz...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > See, newsgroups aren't so scary after all :-P Now I just have to
>> > convince the rest of the community that agc is a better idea than
>> > horrible web forums (I guess I'm doomed).
>>
>> agc is nice, but web forums have pretty pictures! ^_^
>
> Who says USENET doesn't have pictures?
> (view in monospace font)
>
> H||
> __________H||___________
> [|.......................|
> ||.........## --.#.......|
> ||......... # # ......| @@@@
> ||......... * ......| @@@@@@@
> ||........ -^........| , - @@@@
> ||.....##\ .......| | '_ @@@
> ||....##### /###.....| | __\@ \@
> ||....########\ \((#.....| _\\ (/ ) @\_/)____
> ||..####, ))/ ##.......| |(__/ / /|% #/
> ||..##### '####.....| \___/ ----/_|-*/
> ||..#####\____/#####.....| ,: '(
> ||...######..######......| |: \
> ||....."""" """"...b'ger| |: )
> [|_______________________| |: |
> H||_______H|| |_____,_|
> H||________\| | / (
> _H||_______H||__ | /'=.
> H|________________| '=>/ \
> / \ /|/
> ,___/|

Ooh! very nice! *giggles*

--
x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
norns. 8^) "
....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of
Creatures nostalgia (most external links broken):
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 5:30:53 PM

"xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message
> aftran@gmail.com wrote in news:1124215174.762336.6790
> @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
> > Hi.
> >

> Well hello there! WeLcOmE tO InSaNiTy!!111!!11!1 ;`}
>
> *dusts off the aged couch, sweeps the COB-filings under the AGC Blue
> Carpet, looks around for the NaVeN-HeAd SaNiTy BiNs...*
>
> Erm... make yourself at home. =`)

*notes* I'd be very careful around THAT carpet though.

--
Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
boring...

"How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 9:36:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

"Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:AJudnUMwKtXS6Z7eRVn-
1Q@rogers.com:

> "xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message
>> aftran@gmail.com wrote in news:1124215174.762336.6790
>> @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>>
>> > Hi.
>> >

>> Well hello there! WeLcOmE tO InSaNiTy!!111!!11!1 ;`}
>>
>> *dusts off the aged couch, sweeps the COB-filings under the AGC Blue
>> Carpet, looks around for the NaVeN-HeAd SaNiTy BiNs...*
>>
>> Erm... make yourself at home. =`)
>
> *notes* I'd be very careful around THAT carpet though.

Yes i know.

I'm the one who made it and put it down there. It was the troll bits that
got caught in the weft when it was on the loom. =`D
--
x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
norns. 8^) "
....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of
Creatures nostalgia (most external links broken):
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 8:14:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

And when it was 2005-08-18, illusion
<Xns96B68A7821D8Dja455LWxghlli55sxlt@24.24.2.166> was created,
stating that xOtix <also@this.is.invalid>
uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:AJudnUMwKtXS6Z7eRVn-
> 1Q@rogers.com:
>
>> "xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message
>>> aftran@gmail.com wrote in news:1124215174.762336.6790
>>> @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

>>> Well hello there! WeLcOmE tO InSaNiTy!!111!!11!1 ;`}
>>>
>>> *dusts off the aged couch, sweeps the COB-filings under the AGC Blue
>>> Carpet, looks around for the NaVeN-HeAd SaNiTy BiNs...*
>>>
>>> Erm... make yourself at home. =`)
>>
>> *notes* I'd be very careful around THAT carpet though.
>>

> Yes i know.
>
> I'm the one who made it and put it down there. It was the troll bits that
> got caught in the weft when it was on the loom. =`D

Oh, *you* were the one who made it. I completely forgot... we should
really have some form of history book on AGC... a tome of ancient bibble
or something...
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 8:14:51 PM

"emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message
> And when it was 2005-08-18, illusion
> <Xns96B68A7821D8Dja455LWxghlli55sxlt@24.24.2.166> was created,
> stating that xOtix <also@this.is.invalid>
> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
>
> > "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:AJudnUMwKtXS6Z7eRVn-
> > 1Q@rogers.com:
> >
> >> "xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message

> >> *notes* I'd be very careful around THAT carpet though.
> >>

> > Yes i know.
> >
> > I'm the one who made it and put it down there. It was the troll bits
that
> > got caught in the weft when it was on the loom. =`D
>
> Oh, *you* were the one who made it. I completely forgot... we should
> really have some form of history book on AGC... a tome of ancient bibble
> or something...

Yes, very much agreed upon over here!

*puts up hand in an 'aie' form of agreement*

Perhaps a new FAQ section is in order?
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 4:58:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

emmel <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in

> And when it was 2005-08-18, illusion
> <Xns96B68A7821D8Dja455LWxghlli55sxlt@24.24.2.166> was created,
> stating that xOtix <also@this.is.invalid>
> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
>
>> "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:AJudnUMwKtXS6Z7eRVn-
>> 1Q@rogers.com:
>>
>>> "xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message

>>> *notes* I'd be very careful around THAT carpet though.
>>>

>> Yes i know.
>>
>> I'm the one who made it and put it down there. It was the troll bits that
>> got caught in the weft when it was on the loom. =`D
>
> Oh, *you* were the one who made it. I completely forgot...

Hmmm. I hope I didn't lose the backup copy of sprites for it in that hdd
crash... When a norn got near it and gave it a push, it would obligingly
roll up and inject dancing into the nearby creatures, and the agc carpet did
that for hands, people, trolls and navens.. =`)

we should
> really have some form of history book on AGC... a tome of ancient bibble
> or something...

Good idea. Get right on that, Emmel! ;`)

--
x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
norns. 8^)"
..
....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of Creatures
nostalgia (most external links broken):
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 5:00:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

"Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:UrudnXFKmfJFJZXeRVn-
hw@rogers.com:

>> Oh, *you* were the one who made it. I completely forgot... we should
>> really have some form of history book on AGC... a tome of ancient bibble
>> or something...
>
> Yes, very much agreed upon over here!
>
> *puts up hand in an 'aie' form of agreement*
>
> Perhaps a new FAQ section is in order?

*sees Jim's raised hand* AHAH! A VOLUNTEER! *chuckles*

--
x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
norns. 8^)"
..
....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of Creatures
nostalgia (most external links broken):
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 5:05:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

And when it was 2005-08-21, illusion
<UrudnXFKmfJFJZXeRVn-hw@rogers.com> was created,
stating that Jim Eha <spikeaceon@yahoo.com>
uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> "emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message
>> And when it was 2005-08-18, illusion
>> <Xns96B68A7821D8Dja455LWxghlli55sxlt@24.24.2.166> was created,
>> stating that xOtix <also@this.is.invalid>
>> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
>>
>> > "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:AJudnUMwKtXS6Z7eRVn-
>> > 1Q@rogers.com:

>> > Yes i know.
>> >
>> > I'm the one who made it and put it down there. It was the troll bits
> that
>> > got caught in the weft when it was on the loom. =`D
>>
>> Oh, *you* were the one who made it. I completely forgot... we should
>> really have some form of history book on AGC... a tome of ancient bibble
>> or something...
>
> Yes, very much agreed upon over here!
>
> *puts up hand in an 'aie' form of agreement*

So you volunteer?

> Perhaps a new FAQ section is in order?

Hm... I don't think so. FAQ just doesn't fit. Nobody really asks that
kind of thing... well, hardly anyone.
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 5:06:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

And when it was 2005-08-22, illusion
<Xns96BA5B5AC36E9ja455LWxghlli55sxlt@24.24.2.167> was created,
stating that xOtix <also@this.is.invalid>
uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> emmel <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in
>
>> And when it was 2005-08-18, illusion
>> <Xns96B68A7821D8Dja455LWxghlli55sxlt@24.24.2.166> was created,
>> stating that xOtix <also@this.is.invalid>
>> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
>>
>>> "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:AJudnUMwKtXS6Z7eRVn-
>>> 1Q@rogers.com:

>>> Yes i know.
>>>
>>> I'm the one who made it and put it down there. It was the troll bits that
>>> got caught in the weft when it was on the loom. =`D
>>
>> Oh, *you* were the one who made it. I completely forgot...
>
> Hmmm. I hope I didn't lose the backup copy of sprites for it in that hdd
> crash... When a norn got near it and gave it a push, it would obligingly
> roll up and inject dancing into the nearby creatures, and the agc carpet did
> that for hands, people, trolls and navens.. =`)
>

> we should
>> really have some form of history book on AGC... a tome of ancient bibble
>> or something...
>
> Good idea. Get right on that, Emmel! ;`)

Nah, we already have another volunteer. Anyway, I have a brain like...
the thing you drain rice in...
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
August 24, 2005 1:43:28 AM

Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
> If you think that is annoying, try
> http://www.digicrime.com/java/security.html

Pushing the button gives you the text "There is no security in life -
only opportunity. - Mark Twain", and the button changes to 'Good job!'.
cute :p

--
fuzzie <fuzzie@gmail.com>
"Reality is just this little memory in the back of my mind."
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 2:26:15 AM

emmel wrote:
> And when it was 2005-08-22, illusion
> <Xns96BA5B5AC36E9ja455LWxghlli55sxlt@24.24.2.167> was created,
> stating that xOtix <also@this.is.invalid>
> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
>

>>emmel <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in
>>

>>>And when it was 2005-08-18, illusion
>>><Xns96B68A7821D8Dja455LWxghlli55sxlt@24.24.2.166> was created,
>>>stating that xOtix <also@this.is.invalid>
>>>uttered in alt.games.creatures:

>>>Oh, *you* were the one who made it. I completely forgot...
>>
>>Hmmm. I hope I didn't lose the backup copy of sprites for it in that hdd
>>crash... When a norn got near it and gave it a push, it would obligingly
>>roll up and inject dancing into the nearby creatures, and the agc carpet did
>>that for hands, people, trolls and navens.. =`)
>>

>> we should
>>
>>>really have some form of history book on AGC... a tome of ancient bibble
>>>or something...
>>
>>Good idea. Get right on that, Emmel! ;`)
>

> Nah, we already have another volunteer. Anyway, I have a brain like...
> the thing you drain rice in...

Vergiet

Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
Anonymous

fuzzie wrote:
> Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
>
>> If you think that is annoying, try
>> http://www.digicrime.com/java/security.html
>

> Pushing the button gives you the text "There is no security in life -
> only opportunity. - Mark Twain", and the button changes to 'Good job!'.
> cute :p

You must have inspected the Java class file! They used to have a version
that said "Push the button to close this popup window"

Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
August 24, 2005 2:47:46 AM

Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
> You must have inspected the Java class file! They used to have a version
> that said "Push the button to close this popup window"

No, I just hit tab (to bring the button into focus) and then spacebar
(to push it).

:-)

--
fuzzie <fuzzie@gmail.com>
"Reality is just this little memory in the back of my mind."
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 2:59:01 AM

fuzzie wrote:
> Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
>
>> You must have inspected the Java class file! They used to have a version
>> that said "Push the button to close this popup window"
>

> No, I just hit tab (to bring the button into focus) and then spacebar
> (to push it).
>
> :-)

How clever! After I leave WorldOfWarcraft my mouse has gone, and I
didn't even think of this :-) Very clever!

Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 5:08:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

And when it was 2005-08-23, illusion
<430b8604$0$11078$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>

?
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 12:12:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Anonymous
August 25, 2005 1:39:04 AM

"Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote in message
> fuzzie wrote:
> > Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
> >
> >> If you think that is annoying, try
> >> http://www.digicrime.com/java/security.html
> >

> > Pushing the button gives you the text "There is no security in life -
> > only opportunity. - Mark Twain", and the button changes to 'Good job!'.
> > cute :p
>
> You must have inspected the Java class file! They used to have a version
> that said "Push the button to close this popup window"
>
> Thomas

Actually if you 'herd' (yes I used herd mwahaha) the button into the
bottom-left corner and then move it upwards, the button will end up right
where your cursor is... then proceed to click it.

One of those... "yes I broke the fun out of it" <g> .... only took a full 30
seconds to get it to happen too!

*has too much time on his hands*

--
Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
boring...

"How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 1:41:17 AM

> emmel wrote:
> > And when it was 2005-08-23, illusion
> > <430b8604$0$11078$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
> > stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
> > uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> >>Vergiet
> >

> > ?
>
> That is what we call it in Holland.
> Durchschlag
> Sieve
>
> Thomas

Caulender? ......strainer?.... anyone use that one anymore?

--
Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
boring...

"How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 1:45:36 AM

> "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:UrudnXFKmfJFJZXeRVn-
> hw@rogers.com:
>
> >> Oh, *you* were the one who made it. I completely forgot... we should
> >> really have some form of history book on AGC... a tome of ancient
bibble
> >> or something...
> >
> > Yes, very much agreed upon over here!
> >
> > *puts up hand in an 'aie' form of agreement*
> >
> > Perhaps a new FAQ section is in order?
> >

> *sees Jim's raised hand* AHAH! A VOLUNTEER! *chuckles*

Erm, you know if I had time, I'm sure it would be an amazing
under-taking..... ah re-reading all the old goodies and perhaps some of the
*twiddles* "exceptionally interesting" ones... or oh my!...Let alone the
*chokes* ENTIRE "JNCOBOY..." Thread! That could take a professional*
historian a lifetime to understand <g>.... but they tend to only border on
InSaNiTy sadly.

So sadly I have no time at the moment, but perhaps I shall give it a shot
later towards end of September->October-ish.... perhaps a christmas
rough-draft of it will be ready.

--
Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
boring...

"How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 11:54:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

And when it was 2005-08-24, illusion
<430cb823$0$11067$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> emmel wrote:
>> And when it was 2005-08-23, illusion
>> <430b8604$0$11078$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
>> stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
>> uttered in alt.games.creatures:

>>>Vergiet
>>
>> ?
>
> That is what we call it in Holland.
> Durchschlag
> Sieve

I absolutely can't follow you. Honestly.
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 11:56:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

And when it was 2005-08-25, illusion
<zsOdnZIxUJ5cv5DeRVn-qA@rogers.com> was created,
stating that Jim Eha <spikeaceon@yahoo.com>
uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> "xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message
>> "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:UrudnXFKmfJFJZXeRVn-
>> hw@rogers.com:

> bibble
>> >
>> > Yes, very much agreed upon over here!
>> >
>> > *puts up hand in an 'aie' form of agreement*
>> >
>> > Perhaps a new FAQ section is in order?
>>
>> *sees Jim's raised hand* AHAH! A VOLUNTEER! *chuckles*
>
> Erm, you know if I had time, I'm sure it would be an amazing
> under-taking..... ah re-reading all the old goodies and perhaps some of the
> *twiddles* "exceptionally interesting" ones... or oh my!...Let alone the
> *chokes* ENTIRE "JNCOBOY..." Thread! That could take a professional*
> historian a lifetime to understand <g>.... but they tend to only border on
> InSaNiTy sadly.

Hm... anyone knowing a historian?

> So sadly I have no time at the moment, but perhaps I shall give it a shot
> later towards end of September->October-ish.... perhaps a christmas
> rough-draft of it will be ready.

Sounds good.
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 1:02:05 PM

<aftran@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi.

*sees; smiles*

Ye-e-es... come back to the darkness/[ambient effect of choice]...

--
The Triad
Anonymous

<dejttt$1us$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk> was created,
stating that The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web>
uttered in alt.games.creatures:

><aftran@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi.
>
> *sees; smiles*
>
> Ye-e-es... come back to the darkness/[ambient effect of choice]...

What? A quacking frog? Who the hell messed the Fx up?
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
August 26, 2005 6:14:06 PM

Carolyn Horn wrote:
> Remember the good old days, when you went online, slurped down all the
> headers and probably the bodies too *cackles* and then went offline to
> read, write snappy answers, and dash online to drop 'em off? Those

Some of us had other people paying for our always-on connections ;)

> But then I'm oooolllldddd...

You mean, you're just not crazy. *notices where this conversion is
taking place* .. okay, perhaps not. But I'm sure you can gather what I
meant.

--
fuzzie <fuzzie@gmail.com>
"Reality is just this little memory in the back of my mind."
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 6:52:41 PM

xOtix wrote:
>>Remember the good old days, when you went online, slurped down all the
>>headers and probably the bodies too *cackles* and then went offline to
>>read, write snappy answers, and dash online to drop 'em off? Those
>>old days when people didn't expect to be online all day, writing in
>>hard-to-use forums which hate my browser, my computer and me, with
>>avatars and fancy fonts and bells/whistles? Ah, nostalgia nostalgia
>>nostalgia.
>
> Not only nostalgia for me... It still the way I do it. Download headers (and
> bodies *Eevyl grin*)and read and answer (as if I was offline --Xnews doesn't
> refresh headers automatically) and only use online forums if I can get the
> info no other way.

Gosh, I remember when I got really annoyed that I couldn't find a
newsreader for linux that downloaded bodies automatically. Broadband
changes things though, I don't even think about it now. Of course if I
downloaded bodies for all the random newsgroups I'm subscribed to now
I'd be here all day, broadband or not.
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 7:47:01 PM

> And when it was 2005-08-25, illusion
> <dejttt$1us$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk> was created,
> stating that The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web>
> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
>
>><aftran@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi.
>>
>> *sees; smiles*
>>
>> Ye-e-es... come back to the darkness/[ambient effect of choice]...
>
> What? A quacking frog? Who the hell messed the Fx up?

It's your mind, emmel. It's your MIND!

--
The Triad
August 26, 2005 7:52:34 PM

The Triad wrote:
> It's your mind, emmel. It's your MIND!

And such things are pretty much predictably insane, here.

--
fuzzie <fuzzie@gmail.com>
"Reality is just this little memory in the back of my mind."
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 4:51:58 AM

Jim Eha wrote:
> "Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote in message
>
>>fuzzie wrote:

>>>Pushing the button gives you the text "There is no security in life -
>>>only opportunity. - Mark Twain", and the button changes to 'Good job!'.
>>>cute :p
>>
>>You must have inspected the Java class file! They used to have a version
>>that said "Push the button to close this popup window"
>>
>>Thomas
>

> Actually if you 'herd' (yes I used herd mwahaha) the button into the
> bottom-left corner and then move it upwards, the button will end up right
> where your cursor is... then proceed to click it.
>
> One of those... "yes I broke the fun out of it" <g> .... only took a full 30
> seconds to get it to happen too!
>
> *has too much time on his hands*

Yeah, I also succeeded in clicking on it by moving a mouse at a certain
speed.

Cool,
Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 5:07:16 AM

Bryan Donlan wrote:
>>Not only nostalgia for me... It still the way I do it. Download headers
>>(and bodies *Eevyl grin*)and read and answer (as if I was offline --Xnews
>>doesn't refresh headers automatically) and only use online forums if I can
>>get the info no other way.
>

> I do a similar thing using leafnode here - it merges readfreenews, gmane,
> and aioe into one feed for me.

horror. that's all.

--
Alex Watson <alexwatson at froup dot com>
http://www.zen24203.zen.co.uk/

Alex Watson wrote:

> Bryan Donlan wrote:
>>>Not only nostalgia for me... It still the way I do it. Download headers
>>>(and bodies *Eevyl grin*)and read and answer (as if I was offline --Xnews
>>>doesn't refresh headers automatically) and only use online forums if I
>>>can get the info no other way.
>>

>> I do a similar thing using leafnode here - it merges readfreenews, gmane,
>> and aioe into one feed for me.
>
> horror. that's all.

howso?
--
λz.λi.i(i((λn.λm.λz.λi.nz(λq.mqi))((λn.λz.λi.n(nzi)i)(λz.λi.i(((λn.λz.λi.n
(nzi)i)(λz.λi.i(iz)))zi)))((λn.λz.λi.n(nzi)i)(λz.λi.i(iz)))zi))

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

And when it was 2005-08-26, illusion
<430f1ea1$0$18219$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk> was created,
stating that Alex Watson <alexwatson@deadspam.com>
uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> xOtix wrote:
>>>Remember the good old days, when you went online, slurped down all the
>>>headers and probably the bodies too *cackles* and then went offline to
>>>read, write snappy answers, and dash online to drop 'em off? Those
>>>old days when people didn't expect to be online all day, writing in
>>>hard-to-use forums which hate my browser, my computer and me, with
>>>avatars and fancy fonts and bells/whistles? Ah, nostalgia nostalgia
>>>nostalgia.
>>
>> Not only nostalgia for me... It still the way I do it. Download headers (and
>> bodies *Eevyl grin*)and read and answer (as if I was offline --Xnews doesn't
>> refresh headers automatically) and only use online forums if I can get the
>> info no other way.
>
> Gosh, I remember when I got really annoyed that I couldn't find a
> newsreader for linux that downloaded bodies automatically. Broadband
> changes things though, I don't even think about it now. Of course if I
> downloaded bodies for all the random newsgroups I'm subscribed to now
> I'd be here all day, broadband or not.

Oh, leafnode did a good job... too bad I can't use that kind of thing
anymore. Quite annoying to have to stay online while posting - on
dialup.
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 12:04:41 PM

<dena16$7et$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk> was created,
stating that The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web>
uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> "emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message
>> And when it was 2005-08-25, illusion
>> <dejttt$1us$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk> was created,
>> stating that The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web>
>> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
>>
>>><aftran@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> *sees; smiles*
>>>
>>> Ye-e-es... come back to the darkness/[ambient effect of choice]...
>>
>> What? A quacking frog? Who the hell messed the Fx up?
>
> It's your mind, emmel. It's your MIND!

Oh, well. I though it was something serious.
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 6:34:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Anonymous
August 28, 2005 11:16:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

And when it was 2005-08-27, illusion
<43105d85$0$11065$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> emmel wrote:
>> And when it was 2005-08-24, illusion
>> <430cb823$0$11067$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
>> stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
>> uttered in alt.games.creatures:

>>>That is what we call it in Holland.
>>>Durchschlag
>>>Sieve
>>
>> I absolutely can't follow you. Honestly.
>
> http://www.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_pages/0059-0502-...

Now I get what you mean.

> So what *do* you call it in Germany?

That thing? I guess "Abtropfschale" or something like that. At least
that's what I'd call it. What you mean, though, (you know a proper
sieve) is called "Sieb". And the word looks really funny to me all of
the sudden.
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 8:48:13 PM

emmel wrote:
> And when it was 2005-08-27, illusion
> <43105d85$0$11065$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
> stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
<snip>
>>So what *do* you call it in Germany?
>

> That thing? I guess "Abtropfschale" or something like that. At least
> that's what I'd call it. What you mean, though, (you know a proper
> sieve) is called "Sieb". And the word looks really funny to me all of
> the sudden.

Ah, a dry dripping bowl..
Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 11:25:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

And when it was 2005-08-29, illusion
<43131fc1$0$11074$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> emmel wrote:
>> And when it was 2005-08-27, illusion
>> <43105d85$0$11065$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
>> stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
>> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
><snip>
>>>So what *do* you call it in Germany?
>>

>> That thing? I guess "Abtropfschale" or something like that. At least
>> that's what I'd call it. What you mean, though, (you know a proper
>> sieve) is called "Sieb". And the word looks really funny to me all of
>> the sudden.
>
> Ah, a dry dripping bowl..

Yes. I think.
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 5:08:23 AM

emmel wrote:
> And when it was 2005-08-29, illusion
> <43131fc1$0$11074$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
> stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
>
>>emmel wrote:
<snip>
>>>That thing? I guess "Abtropfschale" or something like that. At least
>>>that's what I'd call it. What you mean, though, (you know a proper
>>>sieve) is called "Sieb". And the word looks really funny to me all of
>>>the sudden.
>>
>>Ah, a dry dripping bowl..
>

> Yes. I think.

lol :-)
Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
      • 1 / 3