A post saying hi

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Hi.
123 answers Last reply
More about post
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    See, newsgroups aren't so scary after all :-P Now I just have to
    convince the rest of the community that agc is a better idea than
    horrible web forums (I guess I'm doomed).

    Here, have a carrot.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    I now scream and run away. 'Bye. (Not really.)
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    Tsk, posting on newsgroups when you could be doing something useful,
    like, working out why my horrible PERM technique fails on c12ds. :)

    Your PGP signature has caused the ads/'related pages' on the side of
    google groups to all be encryption-related ones, silly google not
    ignoring such things..
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    Um, thank you. :) I'm not really new or anything, just posting a
    useless message because some anonymous person told me to.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    scorp uttered thusly,
    > "fuzzie" <fuz...@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > > See, newsgroups aren't so scary after all :-P Now I just have to
    > > convince the rest of the community that agc is a better idea than
    > > horrible web forums (I guess I'm doomed).
    >
    > agc is nice, but web forums have pretty pictures! ^_^

    Who says USENET doesn't have pictures?
    (view in monospace font)

    H||
    __________H||___________
    [|.......................|
    ||.........## --.#.......|
    [|_______________________| |: |
    H||_______H|| |_____,_|
    H||________\| | / (
    _H||_______H||__ | /'=.
    H|________________| '=>/ \
    / \ /|/
    ,___/|
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    aftran@gmail.com wrote in news:1124215174.762336.6790
    @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Hi.

    Well hello there! WeLcOmE tO InSaNiTy!!111!!11!1 ;`}

    *dusts off the aged couch, sweeps the COB-filings under the AGC Blue
    Carpet, looks around for the NaVeN-HeAd SaNiTy BiNs...*

    Erm... make yourself at home. =`)

    --
    x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
    Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the

    "fuzzie" <fuzzie@gmail.com> wrote in news:1124215359.553044.111920
    @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > See, newsgroups aren't so scary after all :-P Now I just have to
    > convince the rest of the community that agc is a better idea than
    > horrible web forums (I guess I'm doomed).

    Well, I do hope not. I'd much rather hang out here. I've always disliked
    web forums. lol (though they have their uses)

    > Here, have a carrot.

    *eyes the carrot hungrily*

    --
    x0tix: "x0tix extrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
    Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
    norns. 8^) "
    ....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of
    Creatures nostalgia (most external links broken):
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    aftran@gmail.com wrote in news:1124215670.836873.123850
    @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > I now scream and run away. 'Bye. (Not really.)

    So are you a CC Oldie with a new name? or a CC Newie? Which is your
    favourite norn type? Have you made any COBs/Agents? or Utilites for any of
    the Games? Or are you simply a connoisseur? ;`}

    --
    x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
    Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
    norns. 8^) "
    ....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of
    Creatures nostalgia (most external links broken):
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    emygination <emygination@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1124220890_3163@spool6-
    east.superfeed.net:

    > aftran@gmail.com wrote:
    >> Hi.
    >
    > Hi. :P

    Emy?? =`}

    --
    x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
    Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
    norns. 8^) "
    ....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of
    Creatures nostalgia (most external links broken):
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    aftran@gmail.com wrote:
    > Um, thank you. :) I'm not really new or anything, just posting a
    > useless message because some anonymous person told me to.

    It's not really very anonymous given it has your gmail address attached
    to it :)

    --
    fuzzie <fuzzie@gmail.com>
    "Reality is just this little memory in the back of my mind."

    "fuzzie" <fuzzie@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > See, newsgroups aren't so scary after all :-P Now I just have to
    > convince the rest of the community that agc is a better idea than
    > horrible web forums (I guess I'm doomed).

    agc is nice, but web forums have pretty pictures! ^_^
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "Bryan Donlan" <bdonlan@gmail.com> wrote in news:1124231702.965409.275530
    @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

    > scorp uttered thusly,
    >> "fuzzie" <fuz...@gmail.com> wrote in message

    >> > See, newsgroups aren't so scary after all :-P Now I just have to
    >> > convince the rest of the community that agc is a better idea than
    >> > horrible web forums (I guess I'm doomed).
    >>
    >> agc is nice, but web forums have pretty pictures! ^_^
    >
    > Who says USENET doesn't have pictures?
    > (view in monospace font)
    >
    > H||
    > __________H||___________
    > [|.......................|
    > ||.........## --.#.......|
    > ||......... # # ......| @@@@
    > ||......... * ......| @@@@@@@
    > ||........ -^........| , - @@@@
    > ||.....##\ .......| | '_ @@@
    > ||....##### /###.....| | __\@ \@
    > ||....########\ \((#.....| _\\ (/ ) @\_/)____
    > ||..####, ))/ ##.......| |(__/ / /|% #/
    > ||..##### '####.....| \___/ ----/_|-*/
    > ||..#####\____/#####.....| ,: '(
    > ||...######..######......| |: \
    > ||....."""" """"...b'ger| |: )
    > [|_______________________| |: |
    > H||_______H|| |_____,_|
    > H||________\| | / (
    > _H||_______H||__ | /'=.
    > H|________________| '=>/ \
    > / \ /|/
    > ,___/|

    Ooh! very nice! *giggles*

    --
    x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
    Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
    norns. 8^) "
    ....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of
    Creatures nostalgia (most external links broken):
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message
    > aftran@gmail.com wrote in news:1124215174.762336.6790
    > @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > Hi.
    > >

    > Well hello there! WeLcOmE tO InSaNiTy!!111!!11!1 ;`}
    >
    > *dusts off the aged couch, sweeps the COB-filings under the AGC Blue
    > Carpet, looks around for the NaVeN-HeAd SaNiTy BiNs...*
    >
    > Erm... make yourself at home. =`)

    *notes* I'd be very careful around THAT carpet though.

    --
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:AJudnUMwKtXS6Z7eRVn-
    1Q@rogers.com:

    > "xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message
    >> aftran@gmail.com wrote in news:1124215174.762336.6790
    >> @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >>
    >> > Hi.
    >> >

    >> Well hello there! WeLcOmE tO InSaNiTy!!111!!11!1 ;`}
    >>
    >> *dusts off the aged couch, sweeps the COB-filings under the AGC Blue
    >> Carpet, looks around for the NaVeN-HeAd SaNiTy BiNs...*
    >>
    >> Erm... make yourself at home. =`)
    >
    > *notes* I'd be very careful around THAT carpet though.

    Yes i know.

    I'm the one who made it and put it down there. It was the troll bits that
    got caught in the weft when it was on the loom. =`D
    --
    x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
    Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
    norns. 8^) "
    ....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of
    Creatures nostalgia (most external links broken):
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    And when it was 2005-08-18, illusion
    <Xns96B68A7821D8Dja455LWxghlli55sxlt@24.24.2.166> was created,
    stating that xOtix <also@this.is.invalid>
    uttered in alt.games.creatures:

    > "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:AJudnUMwKtXS6Z7eRVn-
    > 1Q@rogers.com:
    >
    >> "xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message
    >>> aftran@gmail.com wrote in news:1124215174.762336.6790
    >>> @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    >>> Well hello there! WeLcOmE tO InSaNiTy!!111!!11!1 ;`}
    >>>
    >>> *dusts off the aged couch, sweeps the COB-filings under the AGC Blue
    >>> Carpet, looks around for the NaVeN-HeAd SaNiTy BiNs...*
    >>>
    >>> Erm... make yourself at home. =`)
    >>
    >> *notes* I'd be very careful around THAT carpet though.
    >>

    > Yes i know.
    >
    > I'm the one who made it and put it down there. It was the troll bits that
    > got caught in the weft when it was on the loom. =`D

    Oh, *you* were the one who made it. I completely forgot... we should
    really have some form of history book on AGC... a tome of ancient bibble
    or something...
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message
    > And when it was 2005-08-18, illusion
    > <Xns96B68A7821D8Dja455LWxghlli55sxlt@24.24.2.166> was created,
    > stating that xOtix <also@this.is.invalid>
    > uttered in alt.games.creatures:
    >
    > > "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:AJudnUMwKtXS6Z7eRVn-
    > > 1Q@rogers.com:
    > >
    > >> "xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message

    > >> *notes* I'd be very careful around THAT carpet though.
    > >>

    > > Yes i know.
    > >
    > > I'm the one who made it and put it down there. It was the troll bits
    that
    > > got caught in the weft when it was on the loom. =`D
    >
    > Oh, *you* were the one who made it. I completely forgot... we should
    > really have some form of history book on AGC... a tome of ancient bibble
    > or something...

    Yes, very much agreed upon over here!

    *puts up hand in an 'aie' form of agreement*

    Perhaps a new FAQ section is in order?
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    emmel <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in

    > And when it was 2005-08-18, illusion
    > <Xns96B68A7821D8Dja455LWxghlli55sxlt@24.24.2.166> was created,
    > stating that xOtix <also@this.is.invalid>
    > uttered in alt.games.creatures:
    >
    >> "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:AJudnUMwKtXS6Z7eRVn-
    >> 1Q@rogers.com:
    >>
    >>> "xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message

    >>> *notes* I'd be very careful around THAT carpet though.
    >>>

    >> Yes i know.
    >>
    >> I'm the one who made it and put it down there. It was the troll bits that
    >> got caught in the weft when it was on the loom. =`D
    >
    > Oh, *you* were the one who made it. I completely forgot...

    Hmmm. I hope I didn't lose the backup copy of sprites for it in that hdd
    crash... When a norn got near it and gave it a push, it would obligingly
    roll up and inject dancing into the nearby creatures, and the agc carpet did
    that for hands, people, trolls and navens.. =`)

    we should
    > really have some form of history book on AGC... a tome of ancient bibble
    > or something...

    Good idea. Get right on that, Emmel! ;`)

    --
    x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
    Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
    norns. 8^)"
    ..
    ....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of Creatures
    nostalgia (most external links broken):
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:UrudnXFKmfJFJZXeRVn-
    hw@rogers.com:

    >> Oh, *you* were the one who made it. I completely forgot... we should
    >> really have some form of history book on AGC... a tome of ancient bibble
    >> or something...
    >
    > Yes, very much agreed upon over here!
    >
    > *puts up hand in an 'aie' form of agreement*
    >
    > Perhaps a new FAQ section is in order?

    *sees Jim's raised hand* AHAH! A VOLUNTEER! *chuckles*

    --
    x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
    Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
    norns. 8^)"
    ..
    ....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of Creatures
    nostalgia (most external links broken):
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    And when it was 2005-08-21, illusion
    <UrudnXFKmfJFJZXeRVn-hw@rogers.com> was created,
    stating that Jim Eha <spikeaceon@yahoo.com>
    uttered in alt.games.creatures:

    > "emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message
    >> And when it was 2005-08-18, illusion
    >> <Xns96B68A7821D8Dja455LWxghlli55sxlt@24.24.2.166> was created,
    >> stating that xOtix <also@this.is.invalid>
    >> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
    >>
    >> > "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:AJudnUMwKtXS6Z7eRVn-
    >> > 1Q@rogers.com:

    >> > Yes i know.
    >> >
    >> > I'm the one who made it and put it down there. It was the troll bits
    > that
    >> > got caught in the weft when it was on the loom. =`D
    >>
    >> Oh, *you* were the one who made it. I completely forgot... we should
    >> really have some form of history book on AGC... a tome of ancient bibble
    >> or something...
    >
    > Yes, very much agreed upon over here!
    >
    > *puts up hand in an 'aie' form of agreement*

    So you volunteer?

    > Perhaps a new FAQ section is in order?

    Hm... I don't think so. FAQ just doesn't fit. Nobody really asks that
    kind of thing... well, hardly anyone.
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    And when it was 2005-08-22, illusion
    <Xns96BA5B5AC36E9ja455LWxghlli55sxlt@24.24.2.167> was created,
    stating that xOtix <also@this.is.invalid>
    uttered in alt.games.creatures:

    > emmel <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in
    >
    >> And when it was 2005-08-18, illusion
    >> <Xns96B68A7821D8Dja455LWxghlli55sxlt@24.24.2.166> was created,
    >> stating that xOtix <also@this.is.invalid>
    >> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
    >>
    >>> "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:AJudnUMwKtXS6Z7eRVn-
    >>> 1Q@rogers.com:

    >>> Yes i know.
    >>>
    >>> I'm the one who made it and put it down there. It was the troll bits that
    >>> got caught in the weft when it was on the loom. =`D
    >>
    >> Oh, *you* were the one who made it. I completely forgot...
    >
    > Hmmm. I hope I didn't lose the backup copy of sprites for it in that hdd
    > crash... When a norn got near it and gave it a push, it would obligingly
    > roll up and inject dancing into the nearby creatures, and the agc carpet did
    > that for hands, people, trolls and navens.. =`)
    >

    > we should
    >> really have some form of history book on AGC... a tome of ancient bibble
    >> or something...
    >
    > Good idea. Get right on that, Emmel! ;`)

    Nah, we already have another volunteer. Anyway, I have a brain like...
    the thing you drain rice in...
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
    > If you think that is annoying, try
    > http://www.digicrime.com/java/security.html

    Pushing the button gives you the text "There is no security in life -
    only opportunity. - Mark Twain", and the button changes to 'Good job!'.
    cute :P

    --
    fuzzie <fuzzie@gmail.com>
    "Reality is just this little memory in the back of my mind."
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    emmel wrote:
    > And when it was 2005-08-22, illusion
    > <Xns96BA5B5AC36E9ja455LWxghlli55sxlt@24.24.2.167> was created,
    > stating that xOtix <also@this.is.invalid>
    > uttered in alt.games.creatures:
    >

    >>emmel <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in
    >>

    >>>And when it was 2005-08-18, illusion
    >>><Xns96B68A7821D8Dja455LWxghlli55sxlt@24.24.2.166> was created,
    >>>stating that xOtix <also@this.is.invalid>
    >>>uttered in alt.games.creatures:

    >>>Oh, *you* were the one who made it. I completely forgot...
    >>
    >>Hmmm. I hope I didn't lose the backup copy of sprites for it in that hdd
    >>crash... When a norn got near it and gave it a push, it would obligingly
    >>roll up and inject dancing into the nearby creatures, and the agc carpet did
    >>that for hands, people, trolls and navens.. =`)
    >>

    >> we should
    >>
    >>>really have some form of history book on AGC... a tome of ancient bibble
    >>>or something...
    >>
    >>Good idea. Get right on that, Emmel! ;`)
    >

    > Nah, we already have another volunteer. Anyway, I have a brain like...
    > the thing you drain rice in...

    Vergiet

    Thomas
    --
    Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    fuzzie wrote:
    > Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
    >
    >> If you think that is annoying, try
    >> http://www.digicrime.com/java/security.html
    >

    > Pushing the button gives you the text "There is no security in life -
    > only opportunity. - Mark Twain", and the button changes to 'Good job!'.
    > cute :P

    You must have inspected the Java class file! They used to have a version
    that said "Push the button to close this popup window"

    Thomas
    --
    Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
    > You must have inspected the Java class file! They used to have a version
    > that said "Push the button to close this popup window"

    No, I just hit tab (to bring the button into focus) and then spacebar
    (to push it).

    :-)

    --
    fuzzie <fuzzie@gmail.com>
    "Reality is just this little memory in the back of my mind."
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    fuzzie wrote:
    > Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
    >
    >> You must have inspected the Java class file! They used to have a version
    >> that said "Push the button to close this popup window"
    >

    > No, I just hit tab (to bring the button into focus) and then spacebar
    > (to push it).
    >
    > :-)

    How clever! After I leave WorldOfWarcraft my mouse has gone, and I
    didn't even think of this :-) Very clever!

    Thomas
    --
    Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    And when it was 2005-08-23, illusion
    <430b8604$0$11078$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
    stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>

    ?
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote in message
    > fuzzie wrote:
    > > Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
    > >
    > >> If you think that is annoying, try
    > >> http://www.digicrime.com/java/security.html
    > >

    > > Pushing the button gives you the text "There is no security in life -
    > > only opportunity. - Mark Twain", and the button changes to 'Good job!'.
    > > cute :P
    >
    > You must have inspected the Java class file! They used to have a version
    > that said "Push the button to close this popup window"
    >
    > Thomas

    Actually if you 'herd' (yes I used herd mwahaha) the button into the
    bottom-left corner and then move it upwards, the button will end up right
    where your cursor is... then proceed to click it.

    One of those... "yes I broke the fun out of it" <g> .... only took a full 30
    seconds to get it to happen too!

    *has too much time on his hands*

    --
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    > emmel wrote:
    > > And when it was 2005-08-23, illusion
    > > <430b8604$0$11078$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
    > > stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
    > > uttered in alt.games.creatures:

    > >>Vergiet
    > >

    > > ?
    >
    > That is what we call it in Holland.
    > Durchschlag
    > Sieve
    >
    > Thomas

    Caulender? ......strainer?.... anyone use that one anymore?

    --
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    > "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:UrudnXFKmfJFJZXeRVn-
    > hw@rogers.com:
    >
    > >> Oh, *you* were the one who made it. I completely forgot... we should
    > >> really have some form of history book on AGC... a tome of ancient
    bibble
    > >> or something...
    > >
    > > Yes, very much agreed upon over here!
    > >
    > > *puts up hand in an 'aie' form of agreement*
    > >
    > > Perhaps a new FAQ section is in order?
    > >

    > *sees Jim's raised hand* AHAH! A VOLUNTEER! *chuckles*

    Erm, you know if I had time, I'm sure it would be an amazing
    under-taking..... ah re-reading all the old goodies and perhaps some of the
    *twiddles* "exceptionally interesting" ones... or oh my!...Let alone the
    *chokes* ENTIRE "JNCOBOY..." Thread! That could take a professional*
    historian a lifetime to understand <g>.... but they tend to only border on
    InSaNiTy sadly.

    So sadly I have no time at the moment, but perhaps I shall give it a shot
    later towards end of September->October-ish.... perhaps a christmas
    rough-draft of it will be ready.

    --
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    And when it was 2005-08-24, illusion
    <430cb823$0$11067$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
    stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
    uttered in alt.games.creatures:

    > emmel wrote:
    >> And when it was 2005-08-23, illusion
    >> <430b8604$0$11078$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
    >> stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
    >> uttered in alt.games.creatures:

    >>>Vergiet
    >>
    >> ?
    >
    > That is what we call it in Holland.
    > Durchschlag
    > Sieve

    I absolutely can't follow you. Honestly.
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    And when it was 2005-08-25, illusion
    <zsOdnZIxUJ5cv5DeRVn-qA@rogers.com> was created,
    stating that Jim Eha <spikeaceon@yahoo.com>
    uttered in alt.games.creatures:

    > "xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message
    >> "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:UrudnXFKmfJFJZXeRVn-
    >> hw@rogers.com:

    > bibble
    >> >
    >> > Yes, very much agreed upon over here!
    >> >
    >> > *puts up hand in an 'aie' form of agreement*
    >> >
    >> > Perhaps a new FAQ section is in order?
    >>
    >> *sees Jim's raised hand* AHAH! A VOLUNTEER! *chuckles*
    >
    > Erm, you know if I had time, I'm sure it would be an amazing
    > under-taking..... ah re-reading all the old goodies and perhaps some of the
    > *twiddles* "exceptionally interesting" ones... or oh my!...Let alone the
    > *chokes* ENTIRE "JNCOBOY..." Thread! That could take a professional*
    > historian a lifetime to understand <g>.... but they tend to only border on
    > InSaNiTy sadly.

    Hm... anyone knowing a historian?

    > So sadly I have no time at the moment, but perhaps I shall give it a shot
    > later towards end of September->October-ish.... perhaps a christmas
    > rough-draft of it will be ready.

    Sounds good.
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    <aftran@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi.

    *sees; smiles*

    Ye-e-es... come back to the darkness/[ambient effect of choice]...

    --
    The Triad
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    And when it was 2005-08-25, illusion
    <dejttt$1us$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk> was created,
    stating that The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web>
    uttered in alt.games.creatures:

    ><aftran@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi.
    >
    > *sees; smiles*
    >
    > Ye-e-es... come back to the darkness/[ambient effect of choice]...

    What? A quacking frog? Who the hell messed the Fx up?
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    Carolyn Horn wrote:
    > Remember the good old days, when you went online, slurped down all the
    > headers and probably the bodies too *cackles* and then went offline to
    > read, write snappy answers, and dash online to drop 'em off? Those

    Some of us had other people paying for our always-on connections ;)

    > But then I'm oooolllldddd...

    You mean, you're just not crazy. *notices where this conversion is
    taking place* .. okay, perhaps not. But I'm sure you can gather what I
    meant.

    --
    fuzzie <fuzzie@gmail.com>
    "Reality is just this little memory in the back of my mind."
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    xOtix wrote:
    >>Remember the good old days, when you went online, slurped down all the
    >>headers and probably the bodies too *cackles* and then went offline to
    >>read, write snappy answers, and dash online to drop 'em off? Those
    >>old days when people didn't expect to be online all day, writing in
    >>hard-to-use forums which hate my browser, my computer and me, with
    >>avatars and fancy fonts and bells/whistles? Ah, nostalgia nostalgia
    >>nostalgia.
    >
    > Not only nostalgia for me... It still the way I do it. Download headers (and
    > bodies *Eevyl grin*)and read and answer (as if I was offline --Xnews doesn't
    > refresh headers automatically) and only use online forums if I can get the
    > info no other way.

    Gosh, I remember when I got really annoyed that I couldn't find a
    newsreader for linux that downloaded bodies automatically. Broadband
    changes things though, I don't even think about it now. Of course if I
    downloaded bodies for all the random newsgroups I'm subscribed to now
    I'd be here all day, broadband or not.
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    > And when it was 2005-08-25, illusion
    > <dejttt$1us$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk> was created,
    > stating that The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web>
    > uttered in alt.games.creatures:
    >
    >><aftran@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi.
    >>
    >> *sees; smiles*
    >>
    >> Ye-e-es... come back to the darkness/[ambient effect of choice]...
    >
    > What? A quacking frog? Who the hell messed the Fx up?

    It's your mind, emmel. It's your MIND!

    --
    The Triad
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    The Triad wrote:
    > It's your mind, emmel. It's your MIND!

    And such things are pretty much predictably insane, here.

    --
    fuzzie <fuzzie@gmail.com>
    "Reality is just this little memory in the back of my mind."
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    Jim Eha wrote:
    > "Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote in message
    >
    >>fuzzie wrote:

    >>>Pushing the button gives you the text "There is no security in life -
    >>>only opportunity. - Mark Twain", and the button changes to 'Good job!'.
    >>>cute :P
    >>
    >>You must have inspected the Java class file! They used to have a version
    >>that said "Push the button to close this popup window"
    >>
    >>Thomas
    >

    > Actually if you 'herd' (yes I used herd mwahaha) the button into the
    > bottom-left corner and then move it upwards, the button will end up right
    > where your cursor is... then proceed to click it.
    >
    > One of those... "yes I broke the fun out of it" <g> .... only took a full 30
    > seconds to get it to happen too!
    >
    > *has too much time on his hands*

    Yeah, I also succeeded in clicking on it by moving a mouse at a certain
    speed.

    Cool,
    Thomas
    --
    Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    Bryan Donlan wrote:
    >>Not only nostalgia for me... It still the way I do it. Download headers
    >>(and bodies *Eevyl grin*)and read and answer (as if I was offline --Xnews
    >>doesn't refresh headers automatically) and only use online forums if I can
    >>get the info no other way.
    >

    > I do a similar thing using leafnode here - it merges readfreenews, gmane,
    > and aioe into one feed for me.

    horror. that's all.

    --
    Alex Watson <alexwatson at froup dot com>
    http://www.zen24203.zen.co.uk/

    Alex Watson wrote:

    > Bryan Donlan wrote:
    >>>Not only nostalgia for me... It still the way I do it. Download headers
    >>>(and bodies *Eevyl grin*)and read and answer (as if I was offline --Xnews
    >>>doesn't refresh headers automatically) and only use online forums if I
    >>>can get the info no other way.
    >>

    >> I do a similar thing using leafnode here - it merges readfreenews, gmane,
    >> and aioe into one feed for me.
    >
    > horror. that's all.

    howso?
    --
    λz.λi.i(i((λn.λm.λz.λi.nz(λq.mqi))((λn.λz.λi.n(nzi)i)(λz.λi.i(((λn.λz.λi.n
    (nzi)i)(λz.λi.i(iz)))zi)))((λn.λz.λi.n(nzi)i)(λz.λi.i(iz)))zi))

    And when it was 2005-08-26, illusion
    <430f1ea1$0$18219$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk> was created,
    stating that Alex Watson <alexwatson@deadspam.com>
    uttered in alt.games.creatures:

    > xOtix wrote:
    >>>Remember the good old days, when you went online, slurped down all the
    >>>headers and probably the bodies too *cackles* and then went offline to
    >>>read, write snappy answers, and dash online to drop 'em off? Those
    >>>old days when people didn't expect to be online all day, writing in
    >>>hard-to-use forums which hate my browser, my computer and me, with
    >>>avatars and fancy fonts and bells/whistles? Ah, nostalgia nostalgia
    >>>nostalgia.
    >>
    >> Not only nostalgia for me... It still the way I do it. Download headers (and
    >> bodies *Eevyl grin*)and read and answer (as if I was offline --Xnews doesn't
    >> refresh headers automatically) and only use online forums if I can get the
    >> info no other way.
    >
    > Gosh, I remember when I got really annoyed that I couldn't find a
    > newsreader for linux that downloaded bodies automatically. Broadband
    > changes things though, I don't even think about it now. Of course if I
    > downloaded bodies for all the random newsgroups I'm subscribed to now
    > I'd be here all day, broadband or not.

    Oh, leafnode did a good job... too bad I can't use that kind of thing
    anymore. Quite annoying to have to stay online while posting - on
    dialup.
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  44. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    And when it was 2005-08-26, illusion
    <dena16$7et$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk> was created,
    stating that The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web>
    uttered in alt.games.creatures:

    > "emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message
    >> And when it was 2005-08-25, illusion
    >> <dejttt$1us$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk> was created,
    >> stating that The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web>
    >> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
    >>
    >>><aftran@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> *sees; smiles*
    >>>
    >>> Ye-e-es... come back to the darkness/[ambient effect of choice]...
    >>
    >> What? A quacking frog? Who the hell messed the Fx up?
    >
    > It's your mind, emmel. It's your MIND!

    Oh, well. I though it was something serious.
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  45. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

  46. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    And when it was 2005-08-27, illusion
    <43105d85$0$11065$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
    stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
    uttered in alt.games.creatures:

    > emmel wrote:
    >> And when it was 2005-08-24, illusion
    >> <430cb823$0$11067$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
    >> stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
    >> uttered in alt.games.creatures:

    >>>That is what we call it in Holland.
    >>>Durchschlag
    >>>Sieve
    >>
    >> I absolutely can't follow you. Honestly.
    >
    > http://www.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_pages/0059-0502-1022-2102.html

    Now I get what you mean.

    > So what *do* you call it in Germany?

    That thing? I guess "Abtropfschale" or something like that. At least
    that's what I'd call it. What you mean, though, (you know a proper
    sieve) is called "Sieb". And the word looks really funny to me all of
    the sudden.
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  47. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    emmel wrote:
    > And when it was 2005-08-27, illusion
    > <43105d85$0$11065$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
    > stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
    > uttered in alt.games.creatures:
    <snip>
    >>So what *do* you call it in Germany?
    >

    > That thing? I guess "Abtropfschale" or something like that. At least
    > that's what I'd call it. What you mean, though, (you know a proper
    > sieve) is called "Sieb". And the word looks really funny to me all of
    > the sudden.

    Ah, a dry dripping bowl..
    Thomas
    --
    Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
  48. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    And when it was 2005-08-29, illusion
    <43131fc1$0$11074$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
    stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
    uttered in alt.games.creatures:

    > emmel wrote:
    >> And when it was 2005-08-27, illusion
    >> <43105d85$0$11065$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
    >> stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
    >> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
    ><snip>
    >>>So what *do* you call it in Germany?
    >>

    >> That thing? I guess "Abtropfschale" or something like that. At least
    >> that's what I'd call it. What you mean, though, (you know a proper
    >> sieve) is called "Sieb". And the word looks really funny to me all of
    >> the sudden.
    >
    > Ah, a dry dripping bowl..

    Yes. I think.
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  49. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    emmel wrote:
    > And when it was 2005-08-29, illusion
    > <43131fc1$0$11074$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
    > stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
    > uttered in alt.games.creatures:
    >
    >>emmel wrote:
    <snip>
    >>>That thing? I guess "Abtropfschale" or something like that. At least
    >>>that's what I'd call it. What you mean, though, (you know a proper
    >>>sieve) is called "Sieb". And the word looks really funny to me all of
    >>>the sudden.
    >>
    >>Ah, a dry dripping bowl..
    >

    > Yes. I think.

    lol :-)
    Thomas
    --
    Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR

Games Video Games