HP890C drivers NOT built into windows 2000

Hi !

I discovered that printing settings for my HP 890C in Windows 2000 built-in
drivers are less detailled than original HP drivers for Windows NT4 or 98.

Does anyone know about alternative drivers for Windows 2000 ?

/jr
1 answer Last reply
More about hp890c drivers built windows 2000

    [This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent
    to the cited author.]

    In article <4314d9c1$0$27175$91cee783@newsreader01.highway.telekom.at>,
    Josef.Rabitz@aon.at says...
    > Hi !
    >
    > I discovered that printing settings for my HP 890C in Windows 2000 built-in
    > drivers are less detailled than original HP drivers for Windows NT4 or 98.
    >
    > Does anyone know about alternative drivers for Windows 2000 ?

    It's likely the Deskjet 895C drivers will work with your printers. I
    think it uses the same cartridges, so color and everything should be
    fine. HP has 'corporate' drivers, which do not include ink-level
    checking or similar. It's also possible any of the last 8xx series
    models might have usable drivers. The 840 appears to have full feature
    drivers. (The #15 and #17 cartridges were just low-capacity versions of
    the #45 and #23.)

    I wouldn't use any 9xx drivers, as those models use different inks.

    law!!
    http://home.att.net/~andyross

Printers Drivers Windows 2000 Hewlett Packard Peripherals