HP890C drivers NOT built into windows 2000

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
August 31, 2005 4:12:17 AM

Hi !

I discovered that printing settings for my HP 890C in Windows 2000 built-in
drivers are less detailled than original HP drivers for Windows NT4 or 98.

Does anyone know about alternative drivers for Windows 2000 ?

/jr
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 31, 2005 8:40:17 PM

[This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article <4314d9c1$0$27175$91cee783@newsreader01.highway.telekom.at>,
Josef.Rabitz@aon.at says...
> Hi !
>
> I discovered that printing settings for my HP 890C in Windows 2000 built-in
> drivers are less detailled than original HP drivers for Windows NT4 or 98.
>
> Does anyone know about alternative drivers for Windows 2000 ?

It's likely the Deskjet 895C drivers will work with your printers. I
think it uses the same cartridges, so color and everything should be
fine. HP has 'corporate' drivers, which do not include ink-level
checking or similar. It's also possible any of the last 8xx series
models might have usable drivers. The 840 appears to have full feature
drivers. (The #15 and #17 cartridges were just low-capacity versions of
the #45 and #23.)

I wouldn't use any 9xx drivers, as those models use different inks.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
!