Just finished "Exile"...

Bought it when it came out, got stuck hard in Edanna, put the game away for
over four years!! Got it out last week and decided I was going to hammer
away untill I figured it out. I needed to tell someone... My wife will only
say "Ooooh, now finish this 'honey do' list. I hope I get a better reaction
here :)

n.
6 answers Last reply
More about just finished exile
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    > Bought it when it came out, got stuck hard in Edanna, put the game away
    > for over four years!! Got it out last week and decided I was going to
    > hammer away untill I figured it out. I needed to tell someone... My wife
    > will only say "Ooooh, now finish this 'honey do' list. I hope I get a
    > better reaction here :)
    >
    > n.

    OK! Now go for MYST 4!! :-D
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    "poldo" <poldo@aliceposta.it> wrote in message
    > > Bought it when it came out, got stuck hard in Edanna, put the game away
    > > for over four years!! Got it out last week and decided I was going to
    > > hammer away untill I figured it out. I needed to tell someone... My wife
    > > will only say "Ooooh, now finish this 'honey do' list. I hope I get a
    > > better reaction here :)
    > >
    > > n.
    > >

    > OK! Now go for MYST 4!! :-D

    Then URU!

    Graham
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    I knew you guys would understand!
    n.

    "Grey" <grahame9@btinternet.com> wrote in message

    > "poldo" <poldo@aliceposta.it> wrote in message
    >> > Bought it when it came out, got stuck hard in Edanna, put the game away
    >> > for over four years!! Got it out last week and decided I was going to
    >> > hammer away untill I figured it out. I needed to tell someone... My
    >> > wife
    >> > will only say "Ooooh, now finish this 'honey do' list. I hope I get a
    >> > better reaction here :)
    >> >
    >> > n.
    >> >

    >> OK! Now go for MYST 4!! :-D
    >>

    > Then URU!
    >
    > Graham

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    "Nathan Otis" <na@SPAM.smeat.net> wrote in message
    > I knew you guys would understand!
    > n.

    Just don't ask for any help if you get stuck!

    :-)

    Graham
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    Nathan Otis on 09/05/2005 6:45 am wrote:

    > Bought it when it came out, got stuck hard in Edanna, put the game away for
    > over four years!! Got it out last week and decided I was going to hammer
    > away untill I figured it out. I needed to tell someone... My wife will only
    > say "Ooooh, now finish this 'honey do' list. I hope I get a better reaction
    > here :)
    >
    > n.

    Which was the hardest age for you? What order did you do them in? Which did
    you prefer for graphics and/or gameplay?

    I did realmyst followed by exile and then riven... wrong order I know, but
    that was how I bought them. I had no major troubles with the first one but I
    couldn't be bothered to go to Rime I felt I'd done enough fixing things for
    Atrus [why can't he get anything right?]

    I got most of the way through Riven and then stopped at a pivotal moment -
    I'm not sure how much longer the game goes on after that moment but I can't
    work up the desire to go back to the game because I've left it so long I
    won't be able to remember all the stuff that you need in order to "know" how
    to solve things. HOWEVER since you wrote that perhaps there's still a chance
    I can go back and pick it all up again.

    As far as myst 4 and 5...6 - 10000 are concerned; well, I'm on a mac see. So
    I'm not allowed to play their games anymore.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    I like to express in which order i played myst games too. I also started
    with Myst 3 Exile, then Myst (and Real Myst), and then Uru, Riven (one of my
    favorite myst games) and then Myst 4 (still must finish the last part of
    Serinia etc) and now having played a few hours of myst 5.

    I havent got that "Myst" feeling in Myst 5 yet. The worlds are not that
    beautifull or interesting as in games like Riven, Exile or Revelation. The
    music fits in the game but its more backgroundmusic and a not very
    recognisible (that stick in your head) masterpieces like in Riven, Exile.
    Even the music of Uru i liked better. The bits i have seen so far of Myst 5
    and my opinion of it is slightly disappointing. And what have they done with
    the fov? (field of vision) in myst 5, it looks a bit like your looking thru
    a telescope.
    My favorite order of myst games so far: 1. Riven, 2. Exile, 3. Myst or Real
    Myst, 3 or 4 Uru or Revelation, 5. (why the early myst games? because the
    worlds and music were much more beautifull although they had lower
    resolution)

    Myst 5 (maybe its not fair, because it just begun). And yes i liked Uru
    better then Myst 5 till now, although its not a real myst game like the
    others. I still have some cutoff feeling with End of Ages. And where is
    Atrus, his sons and Catherine (i know why some of them arent there but that
    would ruin the suprise too much)?

    gr

    Dick

    "150905" wrote:
    > Nathan Otis on 09/05/2005 6:45 am wrote:
    >
    > > Bought it when it came out, got stuck hard in Edanna, put the game away
    for
    > > over four years!! Got it out last week and decided I was going to hammer
    > > away untill I figured it out. I needed to tell someone... My wife will
    only
    > > say "Ooooh, now finish this 'honey do' list. I hope I get a better
    reaction
    > > here :)
    > >
    > > n.
    > >

    > Which was the hardest age for you? What order did you do them in? Which
    did
    > you prefer for graphics and/or gameplay?
    >
    > I did realmyst followed by exile and then riven... wrong order I know, but
    > that was how I bought them. I had no major troubles with the first one but
    > couldn't be bothered to go to Rime I felt I'd done enough fixing things
    for
    > Atrus [why can't he get anything right?]
    >
    > I got most of the way through Riven and then stopped at a pivotal moment -
    > I'm not sure how much longer the game goes on after that moment but I
    can't
    > work up the desire to go back to the game because I've left it so long I
    > won't be able to remember all the stuff that you need in order to "know"
    how
    > to solve things. HOWEVER since you wrote that perhaps there's still a
    chance
    > I can go back and pick it all up again.
    >
    > As far as myst 4 and 5...6 - 10000 are concerned; well, I'm on a mac see.
    So
    > I'm not allowed to play their games anymore.

Games Video Games