Isy

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2006
I am having problems with sound on my pc.

I am using the ASRock conroe esata2 mobo and the antec solo case. My speakers are logitech X230 2.1.

I have the logitech speakers plugged into the back of the mobo (green plug, just like the speaker setup mentioned). There were no drivers with the logitech speakers. My Antec SOLO (p150) case has a audio wire which I'm not sure where to connect; So I connected it to the HD audio plug on the mobo. Thats all I have done. No sound plug is connected to the DVD rom.
I am trying to use the onboard sound.

No sound (speakers are being recognised). Not even the beep that is received when posting. Can anyone help?

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
I'd unplug the HD audio plug. Then go to Device Manager and make sure there are no problems. Then go to the software and make sure that the line-in isn't set to mute. Be sure your audio drivers are updated.

KTev

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2006
Don't use the HD pudio plug. Also, make sure you don't have the output set to HD, digital, or SPFD. Many boards will send sound as either digital or analog, but not both.

The software thing can be tricky. You could have more then one place to control sound. If any one of them is set wrong it could cause problems. Even your player could have a wrong sound setting.

djplanet

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
This may sound stupid, but is your volume turned up? Seriously though, I question why that little mobo speaker doesn't beep when it posts. Makes no sense to me, as its separate from the sound system. Could this be a BIOS issue with onboard sound?